ZerueLX11

Zeruel's ULTIMATE Gaming PC Build Guide Thread [2015]

Lol @ nvidia always being the king of GPUs.

We're going to pretend like the GTX4XX fiasco never happened?

brb having a GPU getting so hot it would melt other components.

So much to read. 

Definitely need to buy something soon so I can start streaming and PC gaming again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So much to read. 

Definitely need to buy something soon so I can start streaming and PC gaming again. 

That reminds me I should do a streaming guide as well!

• Upvote (+1) 1

That reminds me I should do a streaming guide as well!

It would definitely be appreciated and would probably even draw traffic from outside just TeamBeyond members. People are always look for that information.

I most likely will be messaging you in the next couple days about a build if that's alright. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I most likely will be messaging you in the next couple days about a build if that's alright. 

Just post it in here; computers are basically my life.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would definitely be appreciated and would probably even draw traffic from outside just TeamBeyond members. People are always look for that information.

Sure thing! Free free to post in the Tech Support Thread to get help, I'd like to get more traffic on that thread as well.

Also, if I make a streaming guide along with a youtube video with "Free" as an emphasis, could I possibly get it uploaded to the Beyond Youtube channel? It could definitely draw more traffic to Beyond!

Sure thing! Free free to post in the Tech Support Thread to get help, I'd like to get more traffic on that thread as well.

Also, if I make a streaming guide along with a youtube video with "Free" as an emphasis, could I possibly get it uploaded to the Beyond Youtube channel? It could definitely draw more traffic to Beyond!

@@Saucey what do you think?

Just post it in here; computers are basically my life.

Just leaning toward about a $1500 budget. 

Probably around 1200 for a gaming/streaming machine and another 300 to buy a monitor/keyboard/mouse. 

I have one monitor, but would probably want a second one. The $1500 isn't set in stone and could go a little higher if there is something worth getting or a little lower if I'm getting better value. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably around 1200 for a gaming/streaming machine and another 300 to buy a monitor/keyboard/mouse. 

I have one monitor, but would probably want a second one. The $1500 isn't set in stone and could go a little higher if there is something worth getting or a little lower if I'm getting better value. 

$1500 is plenty. That's what I spent on my machine / set up to go from nothing to everything. 

Motherboard: Asus Z97M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($343.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1258.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-10 13:26 EST-0500

Here is a decent streaming build.

You have an SSD to open all your apps really fast, plus your favorite Steam games. Steam can download games to different hard drives, Origin only downloads to one  hard drives. Also you have 1TB for mass storage.

This PC is actually very good for streaming and content creation.

• The CPU and Motherboard support Intel Quick Sync through OBS. Intel Quick Sync uses the iGPU on the CPU to do the stream encoding so game performance does not suffer when streaming PC games. Remember its not like using a capture card and PC with an Xbox for streaming, the PC is doing all the work with no help.  
  • Nvidia Shadowplay can record your PC footage with no performance loss since it has a built in H264 encoder.
  • The CPU and GPU destroy 1080p 60fps gaming on Ultra/High settings.

In other words

1. iGPU does the streaming.
  2. Nvidia H264 encoder records the games.
  3. CPU and GPU play the games. 

Mouse keyboard and monitor are pretty personal, however the BenQ RL2460HT is pretty good for streaming and gaming. You can have both a console and PC hooked up to it if you want to stream both those things.

VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VDMOM2ESbs

However, Im still a strong advocate for 144hz monitors :flames:  

$1500 is plenty. That's what I spent on my machine / set up to go from nothing to everything. 

That's what I thought. Probably could go a little cheaper, but I'm also able to buy some of the stuff through work, so I'm saving there. 

Motherboard: Asus Z97M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($343.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1258.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-10 13:26 EST-0500

Here is a decent streaming build.

You have an SSD to open all your apps really fast, plus your favorite Steam games. Steam can download games to different hard drives, Origin only downloads to one  hard drives. Also you have 1TB for mass storage.

This PC is actually very good for streaming and content creation.

• The CPU and Motherboard support Intel Quick Sync through OBS. Intel Quick Sync uses the iGPU on the CPU to do the stream encoding so game performance does not suffer when streaming PC games. Remember its not like using a capture card and PC with an Xbox for streaming, the PC is doing all the work with no help.  
  • Nvidia Shadowplay can record your PC footage with no performance loss since it has a built in H264 encoder.
  • The CPU and GPU destroy 1080p 60fps gaming on Ultra/High settings.

In other words

1. iGPU does the streaming.
  2. Nvidia H264 encoder records the games.
  3. CPU and GPU play the games. 

Thank you for this. All great information for me to look at and even help educate my ignorance a little bit. Is this build easy to upgrade if there is a need? I'm assuming so from looking at it so far. 

I agree with the sentiment on mouse, keyboard, and monitors. I need to do some major research on them, but have a few different ideas from things I've seen/used. Already have 1 of the monitors you recommended, so I'll most likely pick up another just for aesthetic purposes. 

That's what I thought. Probably could go a little cheaper, but I'm also able to buy some of the stuff through work, so I'm saving there. 

Thank you for this. All great information for me to look at and even help educate my ignorance a little bit. Is this build easy to upgrade if there is a need? I'm assuming so from looking at it so far. 

I agree with the sentiment on mouse, keyboard, and monitors. I need to do some major research on them, but have a few different ideas from things I've seen/used. Already have 1 of the monitors you recommended, so I'll most likely pick up another just for aesthetic purposes. 

You can always save money somewhere, it just depends on where you want to save money. 

I'd recommend reading through logicalincrements.com before you buy any thing. The build Zeruel recommend is good, and won't need to be upgraded for awhile. Like I said early, I spent about $1500 on my build 2 plus years ago and I haven't had to upgrade anything, I've only added storage. However, I'd personally change a few things in that build, but that's just me. 

Yeah the build I recommended will last you for a long time. The CPU will be good for at least 5 or 6 years plus you can always over clock it slightly, if you upgrade the cooler to keep it nice and cool expect a longer life span. Intel has strong IPC, their i5 processors stay good for gaming for a long time.

Nvidia GPUs last a pretty long time too, games are always changing but still consoles are holding on 'barely' to the 1080p 60fps standard that may keep the game industry back for a few years, however, the PC tech industry is still moving forward and right now everyone is in a race to 4k. So when you upgrade your GPU in 3 or 4 years expect 1080p gaming to be SUPER cheap or consider playing at 4k for the price you pay for 1080p Ultra settings 60fps now.

Also the PSU in the build I recommended is a 650w 80Plus Gold which which will even power a 980 with ease, that will last a few generations too since power efficiency is getting every year.   

Just look at the BETA benchmarks for BF Hardline

http://www.techspot.com/review/958-battlefield-hardline-beta-benchmarks/page2.html

The GTX 960 costs $200 and with some slight tweaks you can get a constant 60fps on High, if you look up at the 970 stats that thing destroys...

@@amo819 no one wants to watch you play halo 3 campaign.

They'll watch me be terrible at Smash though. 

@@ZerueLX11 I appreciate all the help man. Just trying to take it all in. 

@@Synyster I love that website referred. Very informative and easy to read. 

They'll watch me be terrible at Smash though. 

@@ZerueLX11 I appreciate all the help man. Just trying to take it all in. 

@@Synyster I love that website referred. Very informative and easy to read. 

Learn one component at a time and you'll be fine.