Kreig556

So, what's next?

Can Lord Gaben shell out $1100 for me to get a gaming PC?

Do a bit of research and find the right prices, and you'll be running games at higher settings than either current Gen console for half that amount.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo CE PC, try it. As far as I know it has something to do with the maximum amount of data packages that can be sent or something like that. I have played thousands of hours of Halo CE PC and as long as a player was not standing still or walking straight towards me or away from me, I could not hit him with the Sniper Rifle.

I've definitely sniped people who were moving sideways in relation to me. If they're facing sideways to you, yes the hitbox will be smaller. Sounds like a combination of that and bad internet. It's all projectile, so which way they're moving should have no impact - if they're there when the bullet hits that area, they will take damage.

Probably the same thing as the vast majority of the "competitive" Halo fan base before us. Quit. Some of us just stuck it out longer than others but I feel like our community is only going to dwindle away into nothingness 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm confused. Is that 11% from those survey things? Because I signed up for them but had no idea they had been doing them. I doubt I'm the only one that didn't know either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've definitely sniped people who were moving sideways in relation to me. If they're facing sideways to you, yes the hitbox will be smaller. Sounds like a combination of that and bad internet. It's all projectile, so which way they're moving should have no impact - if they're there when the bullet hits that area, they will take damage.

I have searched a lot but this was the best post that I could find (I have read a better one in the same thread): http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/4946-halo-the-master-chief-collection-discussion/page-518?do=findComment&comment=290922. It does not have something to do with bad internet, but with a restriction in the netcode of the game.

I do not know how much time it would take you to do so but start up Halo CE PC and try exactly what I have described.

I'm confused. Is that 11% from those survey things? Because I signed up for them but had no idea they had been doing them. I doubt I'm the only one that didn't know either.

I only knew because coachmayne tweeted a pic of the survey and I was like "Oh, shit. I better check my email." And what do you know? There were the surveys.

Well the only Email I have from Halo Waypoint is the one I got from signing up for it. What a bunch of crap I guarantee that number would be higher than 11% if this weren't the case.

Well the only Email I have from Halo Waypoint is the one I got from signing up for it. What a bunch of crap I guarantee that number would be higher than 11% if this weren't the case.

The amount of Waypointer [ insert bashing here] that had access to the survey along with the bunk questions led to this. 343i skewed this big time. They want to make us irrelevant with polls and a toggle sprint option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is not a personal attack, but rather to prove a point:  You yourself weren't against sprint until relatively recently, and only because you were exposed to arguments against it.

I don't think we were lied to.  Outside of the forums, people are uneducated as to what is so bad about ___ mechanic.  It's entirely reasonable that anti-sprint people only make up 11% of the people that took the survey.

How did 343I let us down this time?  Yes they didn't do anything like strip sprint from the game, but the bulletin was full of nothing but beneficial changes.  It's not like they've made the game worse between the beta and the recent announcement, so why the sudden negative reaction?

Now inb4 I get negged and called an uncle tom for trying to be reasonable.

Still holding that on me, eh? I hear you, though, and I assure you: using your brain a little and taking everything in consideration, you realize sprint isn't good. Also, I was never a pro-sprint, I was neutral. If sprint is gone then cool, if not it's okay. It wasn't a big deal for me back then.

I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything about them lying to us. I also agree with you. People on the internet aren't known for understanding what they're talking about, which proves my point about them being immune to logical conversations.

Yes, the blog showed some very good and interesting changes, but nothing really fundamental. I mean, they're fixing problems they created. Should we appreciate that? I believe not.  

Sprint, ADS and stabilizers are still in, right? Those 3 are game-breaking, imo. 

Instead of concentrating on trying to kill a game / scene to get the attention of a developer why not look to develop our own scene around one of the games we love or one that holds to the same principles? If the competitive integrity of the game is paramount then realistically the community is going to have to take a hit and stand on it's own two feet.

EDIT; bit vague, general points

• MCC should be somewhat operational by the time H5 comes out (you would hope), sorting the online component
  • Crowd funding for events
  • Structured online content / viewings (streamed money matches etc.) to build up and ensure top players are motivated to stick around
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The only option is pray that they fix the MCC and then start hosting tournaments around those games.

Why play Halo 5 when we (might) have vastly superior games to play? We'll just become like the Smash community.

If 343 ever fixes MCC they did us the biggest favor in the world. I for one can't wait to not buy Halo 5, just to hope that they eventually throw us a bone. It'll be such a refereshing change from Reach/H4.

The 11% is from only 19,000 people. I'm pretty if you didn't have to sign up to do the surveys the number would have been twice that

This makes me sad that Halo is on is absolute last legs and is about to completely die out :(

it's such a horrible feeling. Fuck...

The only option is pray that they fix the MCC and then start hosting tournaments around those games.

Why play Halo 5 when we (might) have vastly superior games to play? We'll just become like the Smash community.

If 343 ever fixes MCC they did us the biggest favor in the world. I for one can't wait to not buy Halo 5, just to hope that they eventually throw us a bone. It'll be such a refereshing change from Reach/H4.

People will host tournaments tournaments for Halo 5 because that's what the Devs support. I would love it if we could stray off the path and play Halo 2 (or 3)4s/FFAs and Halo CE 2v2s at tournaments.

The 11% is from only 19,000 people. I'm pretty if you didn't have to sign up to do the surveys the number would have been twice that

Actually it was only from 10,000 people. Holmes said 19k were in the survey program but only 10k completed it.

Actually it was only from 10,000 people. Holmes said 19k were in the survey program but only 10k completed it.

Damn. I really wish they opened it up for everyone or advertise/do the survey in the beta.

Maybe the competitive community could create its own Halo-clone by funding a credible game studio. The Devs there would just copy halo's best core mechanics and create the ultimate FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe the competitive community could create its own Halo-clone by funding a credible game studio. The Devs there would just copy halo's best core mechanics and create the ultimate FPS.

Yeah, good luck with that. Many projects already tried and were abandoned mid-development. 

Currently, Murder Minders as the closest thing to that.

Probably the same thing as the vast majority of the "competitive" Halo fan base before us. Quit. Some of us just stuck it out longer than others but I feel like our community is only going to dwindle away into nothingness

I have lost a vast majority of online friends....kids that I used to run with daily.....do to falling quality of this series. I feel that many of them would have stuck around if the game would have kept growing

We all find a better game, with better support, dont buy Halo 5 - and let 343 fade away being known as the worst game developer in the past decade. 

As I said: still haven't found a game that plays and feels like Halo. I started gaming on PC more now, hoping to end my Halo addiction.

• Upvote (+1) 1