Sign in to follow this  
EUPenguin

"Save Failed"

So I have been forging for the past 2 or 3 hours, and haven't saved in a while. I just went to save my map, and was rather surprised when this error message appeared:
"Save Failed

Your map was not saved successfully. Please try again."

I cannot think of any reason as to why this would occur. The map is not particularly detailed, in fact I have used less than 100 objects so far. This is the first time I've ever come across this problem, and have only managed to find one thread on it, on the Halo Waypoint forums: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/can-t-save-forge-map/6fe4af94-954e-4260-a95d-3f89b4dc334d/posts?page=1#post4

My internet has not gone off throughout this, so I don't think it has anything to do with network difficulties, and I am honestly really struggling to find a reason as to how this might have happened. Has anyone else come across this problem yet, and if so, do you know of a way to fix it?

Any suggestions are appreciated! 

That's just MCC for ya, does it happen when you both use the 'save' option and the 'save as' option?

Also you could invite someone to save the map for you, that may be a fix.

It definitely shouldn't happen everytime though.

If you need some help with the map, then hot me up. Also from the EU as you probably know, so could get on at similiar times. ;)

it happened to me once after i used an old invite to join a new party and it didn't join. i guess the xbox hangs up when this happens and it thinks i'm not in a game when i am, or vice versa. i haven't replicated the 'save fail' error yet, but the hang up is consistent and requires a reboot to fix. 

i generally quit and restart the game each time i boot up my xbox from standby. that way, any issues that may linger are reset. it's also a good idea to save a canvas as soon as you boot it up, even if you don't think what you're building is going to amount to anything. it's easier to delete the file later if you don't need it than it is to rebuild it if you lose it or the save goes wrong. 

keep in mind that you can only have 50ish saved files, so be sure your storage isn't full before you start building. 

no join in progress though

That's just MCC for ya, does it happen when you both use the 'save' option and the 'save as' option?

It definitely shouldn't happen everytime though.

If you need some help with the map, then hot me up. Also from the EU as you probably know, so could get on at similiar times. ;)

Yeah both Save and Save As, every time I tried to do it.

Ended up just ditching the map, not a big deal. 

Would be cool if you wanna help me out some time sure, my GT is "LL Penguin"

I'm not an amazing forger, I just do it to chill out since I find it quite relaxing. I usually build either a top mid area or a base, and then cba to create anything joining the two and leave it :p so there was a pretty slim chance that I was gonna finish the map off anyway

This happens to me a lot. The only suggestion I have is to save immediately when u start forging and see if it works. If not, quit the game and reload the map. It won't not save if it has already saved successfully.Very frustrating, I know. This is probably one of the worst problems the game has right now aside from no fileshare.