Loch

Josh Holmes Confirms 77% Voted Strongly In Favour Of Sprint

The thing i straight out dont understand is:

Sprint was only a popular option in Reach, next to the OP jet pack. MLG tried it for a bit, wasnt great, was then changed to NS asap. It was too late by then, numbers had dropped off. But then - and this baffles me - after the positive reaction to ZBNS, 343 makes sprint compulsury in H4.

Completely kills the scene.

They know it, population drops in Halo 4, low beta pop in H5. And they still keep sprint?

It makes no sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing i straight out dont understand is:

Sprint was only a popular option in Reach, next to the OP jet pack. MLG tried it for a bit, wasnt great, was then changed to NS asap. It was too late by then, numbers had dropped off. But then - and this baffles me - after the positive reaction to ZBNS, 343 makes sprint compulsury in H4.

Completely kills the scene.

They know it, population drops in Halo 4, low beta pop in H5. And they still keep sprint?

It makes no sense.

I agree and don't mean to nitpick your post but MLG tried sprint for longer than just a bit--definitely not changed asap. Like v2-v6 had it (whole 2011 season)

In fact they went from no sprint TO sprint at the start of the game. 

You speak as though Halo is the most popular title out there and people are leaving because of sprint. If people leave it's because there's a better game to play (likely COD for most people.) If Halo wants to succeed (and for you to not see a "77% population drop") - Halo needs to be a better mainstream title than COD.

The reason a lot of people will leave to play COD when it comes out is because Halo is becoming a watered down version of it. Why play a knockoff when you can play the real thing?

• Upvote (+1) 1

i hadn't seen any cs go gameplay until just now when i looked up one guy's video. 

looks like you can move really fast in that game and still shoot. i don't understand - how is this game so popular if it doesn't have sprint or ads to make it more immersive? 

oh. because that's not what sells games. fucking duh 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i hadn't seen any cs go gameplay until just now when i looked up one guy's video. 

looks like you can move really fast in that game and still shoot. i don't understand - how is this game so popular if it doesn't have sprint or ads to make it more immersive? 

oh. because that's not what sells games. fucking duh 

• Bloom on movement / weapons are highly inaccurate while moving.
  • Weapons have different movement speeds.
  • Audio cues are such that walking is a requirement.

Maybe we should copy CS? Also there are ADS weapons / mechanics in CSGO, just the rifle variants aren't viable (in the economy system, not as weapons themselves).

• Bloom on movement / weapons are highly inaccurate while moving.
  • Weapons have different movement speeds.
  • Audio cues are such that walking is a requirement.

Maybe we should copy CS? Also there are ADS weapons / mechanics in CSGO, just the rifle variants aren't viable (in the economy system, not as weapons themselves).

it looks more predictable and consistent to me from the little i saw though. 

it looks more predictable and consistent to me from the little i saw though. 

More predictable and consistent than what? It's complex movement system quite literally revolves around a RNG constantly ticking away in the background and every state / action alters that value, usually for the worse. The fact it is in it's own right a great competitive game doesn't change the fact it's horrible from an arena shooter perspective.

More predictable and consistent than what? It's complex movement system quite literally revolves around a RNG constantly ticking away in the background and every state / action alters that value, usually for the worse. The fact it is in it's own right a great competitive game doesn't change the fact it's horrible from an arena shooter perspective.

is it considered an arena shooter? i only meant to say that i could follow what was happening on screen, whereas some shooters tend to have crowded UI, cluttered maps and a million gameplay mechanics on top, so i have no clue whats going on

You speak as though Halo is the most popular title out there and people are leaving because of sprint. If people leave it's because there's a better game to play (likely COD for most people.) If Halo wants to succeed (and for you to not see a "77% population drop") - Halo needs to be a better mainstream title than COD.

What halo needs is to get its identity back and not be a reskinned cod.

Pretty sure the developers do, or else they wouldn't be selling copies of the game. Pissing off their core audience by inconveniencing them with sprint is a no-brainer if it means your game is going to be more popular than Call of Duty - and that's the goal.

You realize 343 shipped the MCC right? Do you consider that decision to be "the best for the game"?