Loch

Josh Holmes Confirms 77% Voted Strongly In Favour Of Sprint

We know we are in the minority, we can come up with any excuse for the poll not being accurate but the truth is that at best we are the 49.9%.

There's no way they could go against what the majority of players want, even if it's for a better game. It's a big business, Xbox's biggest franchise, they can't afford to take risks.

At the end of the day, sadly, it doesn't matter if the game is good for us simply because most people don't give a damn about competitive Halo.

We could argue that a competitive-balanced game is more enjoyable for everybody, but the majority of players wouldn't agree with that statement because they don't have a deep enough understanding of balance and gameplay.

There's no way they could go against what the majority of players want

That's the thing though, the majority does not want this "new halo"...just look at the sales and population numbers. If the majority wanted all these new features that changed the core experience of halo then the game would have been selling a lot more and Reach and Halo 4's populations would have never plummeted. We (beyond, reddit and waypoint) are the majority.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's the thing though, the majority does not want this "new halo"...just look at the sales and population numbers.

Sales and population numers aren't enough to assume that the majority dislikes the "new Halo", they might be good indicators but there's plenty of other reasons that could effect them. Generation change and Greater competition (There's many more well-established franchises on console now) are probably the more important factors, let's not forget that Halo was originally incredibly popular due to it's revolutionary features on console such as XBL, Theatre, Forge etc. , not easy to innovate so much again.

Now, I'm not saying that players like more the "New Halo" than the "Old Halo", that's for sure, I'm just saying that the majority of players simply doesn't seem to identify their dislike for the new formula with Sprint, so there's nothing to do about it.

doesnt matter if 99% favor sprint, its not good for the game and the people that will showcase the game in tourneys and keep the population alive don't want it. Casuals don't know what they want or whats best for the game

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

doesnt matter if 99% favor sprint, its not good for the game and the people that will showcase the game in tourneys and keep the population alive don't want it. Casuals don't know what they want or whats best for the game

I agree, but a game that caters to competitive players only (on console) has no way to be as successful as big Franchises. There's compromises to be made, and by the looks of it, it seems like Sprint might be the line, for now.

I agree, but a game that caters to competitive players only (on console) has no way to be as successful as big Franchises. There's compromises to be made, and by the looks of it, it seems like Sprint might be the line, for now.

No one is saying it has to only be for competitive players or gtfo, we are just wanting a balanced game with minimal BS mechanics. Halo CE - 3 were good for everyone, and sure they required some tweaks to play at tourneys, but those tweaks didn't change the core gameplay. If HCS chooses no sprint (which I doubt because its being run by 343) then that changes a huge aspect of the game. It takes a while for devs to get it though. Look at CoD. They had deathstreaks in the game for the longest time until Treyarch finally did away with them in BO2. 

The games that repeat what the original does have done well. Games that change the core mechanics do not do as well. you can see this on any big platform (xbox, ps4, pc, and nintendo)

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one is saying it has to only be for competitive players or gtfo, we are just wanting a balanced game with minimal BS mechanics. Halo CE - 3 were good for everyone, and sure they required some tweaks to play at tourneys, but those tweaks didn't change the core gameplay. If HCS chooses no sprint (which I doubt because its being run by 343) then that changes a huge aspect of the game. It takes a while for devs to get it though. Look at CoD. They had deathstreaks in the game for the longest time until Treyarch finally did away with them in BO2. 

My reply was directed to somebody who wanted a game for the 1% of the population, regardless, the problem lies on the fact that Sprint is part of those "Minimal BS mechanics" for today's standards. There's many things much worse than sprint that could have been introduced.

343 Industries should have made a restriction that only users who were above level 40 in Halo 3 were allowed to vote in the poll. Then that poll would have definitely said something else.

My reply was directed to somebody who wanted a game for the 1% of the population, regardless, the problem lies on the fact that Sprint is part of those "Minimal BS mechanics" for today's standards. There's many things much worse than sprint that could have been introduced.

No, for me Sprint is the worst.

No, for me Sprint is the worst.

What about OP Killstreaks/Deathstreaks? No hip fire? Infinite jetpacks?

What about OP Killstreaks/Deathstreaks? No hip fire? Infinite jetpacks?

These ones would be extremely bad. But Sprint not only is ghey to begin with, it changes the (for me) very basis of the game, being its movement and its levels (maps); you would never get a good map from the developer, every multiplayer map would have to be custom-made.

I agree, but a game that caters to competitive players only (on console) has no way to be as successful as big Franchises.

Halo CE was the best halo game for competitive players and at the same time offered a great experience for casuals.

Warthog wars, race, rocket launchers only, shotgun CTF, BTB gametypes are casual friendly, and many more. Wacky gametypes like these aren't even needed for the game to be casual friendly- a casual player will have fun as long as he gets to kill other players.

A game designed to have a ton of competitive merit and casual fun can exist. It does actually (halo CE). 343 designing halo 5 with no sprint, no gimmicks and fast killtimes will not alienate casual players or competitive players.

343 leaving halo 5 as is will alienate competitive players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 leaving halo 5 as is will alienate competitive players.

343 Industries are practically unable to make Halo 5 a good Halo game now. Everything in the game would have to be changed completely and they do not have enough resources to do so. Thrust me!

Sales and population numers aren't enough to assume that the majority dislikes the "new Halo", they might be good indicators but there's plenty of other reasons that could effect them. Generation change and Greater competition (There's many more well-established franchises on console now) are probably the more important factors, let's not forget that Halo was originally incredibly popular due to it's revolutionary features on console such as XBL, Theatre, Forge etc. , not easy to innovate so much again.

Now, I'm not saying that players like more the "New Halo" than the "Old Halo", that's for sure, I'm just saying that the majority of players simply doesn't seem to identify their dislike for the new formula with Sprint, so there's nothing to do about it.

Halo 1 was incredibly popular and saved the Xbox based on good game mechanics. That's it. LAN capability helped but it wasn't revolutionary, many console games had LAN before Halo.

They would sell the same amount of copies (if not more) if sprint was taken out of the game. 

So I really dont understand the logic

343 designing halo 5 with no sprint, no gimmicks and fast killtimes will not alienate casual players or competitive players.

I'm not quite sure about that, many causal players are quite vocal about wanting to play a more "modern" Halo.

Many people think Classic Halo gameplay is too old and boring for today's standards. Just look at CS:GO on console, it's very competitive and still "Classic", but it's not nearly as popular as Battlefield or CoD (on Consoles).

I'm not quite sure about that, many causal players are quite vocal about wanting to play a more "modern" Halo.

It's fine that they're vocal about it, but they are going to play the game no matter what.

They would sell the same amount of copies (if not more) if sprint was taken out of the game. 

This a hundredthousand times.

Oh look at all the supportive information you have provided to support your argument.  Kind of difficult to prove your point when the top FPS console games all include sprint.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Oh look at all the supportive information you have provided to support your argument.  Kind of difficult to prove your point when the top FPS console games all include sprint.

All the top Console games include ADS, tons of aim assist, loadouts, and much more lets put that into Halo!