Loch

Josh Holmes Confirms 77% Voted Strongly In Favour Of Sprint

Again, I don't understand how delusional you have to be to think that 1.7M people left because of sprint. smh

I don't speak for everyone else but I know personally the reason why I only played one game of the H5 beta was because of sprint and thruster. As soon as I saw this on a map like Midship, where the H2 classic experience was just so amazing on it, I knew this game wasn't for me because they ruined it with abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I highly doubt they quit because of armour abilities and other gimmicks, and you have no way of proving that this is the case. I'd like to propose that millions quit Halo because Halo's fanbase is old. We're all growing up, getting jobs, having a life. That's because Halo isn't mainstream enough anymore, because it isn't the only console shooter out there anymore. And for people who are just getting into console shooters Call of Duty is a much better option because it's easier to play. As I've said before, Halo's success is not determined by what a core audience likes. It's success is determined by how much better or worse it is than the current/next Call of Duty. 343 knows that, and anything they do to please the core audience is just damage control so they can focus on the main goal of getting more people playing.

I know many people that have directly told me they have quit Halo because of armor abilities and the many other gimmicks that have ruined the Halo experience. These abilities and gimmicks stripped away everything that made Halo popular: balanced, competitive, fun, and addictive gameplay. For me, Halo 4 is not only by far the worst Halo, but one of the worst video games I have ever played. People aren't not playing it because they are growing up. They're not playing it because it flat out sucks. Yes, people grow up and get jobs, but if the game is good, then there will always be new people playing Halo, just like CoD. I'm confident Halo can compete with CoD, but to do so 343 needs to stop forcing all these abilities and other game-breaking gimmicks into Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nah I like community based feedback for games (when it works), which, besides sprint, worked really well for Halo 5 b/c of the beta.

The things theyre changing shouldve been like that in first place. Them asking for feedback and changing so many things, shows how wrong what they were doing was in the first place. Not a sign of a good dev team if you make so many shit mechanics after the internal testing stage.

The things theyre changing shouldve been like that in first place. Them asking for feedback and changing so many things, shows how wrong what they were doing was in the first place. Not a sign of a good dev team if you make so many shit mechanics after the internal testing stage.

Every single developer in the world can only benefit from having community driven betas with feedback.

Thats backward ass thinking. I mean, for fucks sake, you're so hateful you want to discourage betas after the fuckery that is the MCC?

Pick your battles. This one? Don't even.

9uiaCyR.png

plot twist?

I actually never played the game, so thats untrue

current waypoint poll -

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-07%20at%203.29.2

In b4 self selection bias..... on 343's website.... where the majority of posters are casuals.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Every single developer in the world can only benefit from having community driven betas with feedback.

Thats backward ass thinking. I mean, for fucks sake, you're so hateful you want to discourage betas after the fuckery that is the MCC?

Pick your battles. This one? Don't even.

Goodness me you got my post wrong. I'm saying the mechanics of the beta were so bad, had so much forum disputes, they had to implement a feedback program for it. Trust me, If H5 beta was a great Halo game, there would have been no feedback program.

What im saying is, theyre shit devs because they had such shit mechanics out of the blocks.

It would have been the same for Halo 4 if they actually had a beta and accepted feedback, but they were even worse back then.

Edit: Additionally, the fact theyve only accepted feedback about half the issues (ignoring: removing sprint, removing ADS, etc), also makes them a shit dev.

Pretty sure the developers do, or else they wouldn't be selling copies of the game.

Yeah, they are really great with making initial sales...

when core gameplay doesn't matter and neither does the game's functionality.

What a brilliant company

Public poll or bust, on xbox website to last for a month

I know I signed up for the damn thing and took it because I deeply care about Halo, but it was multi step, you had to wait for the email and then take the longer survey, it wasnt just a button.

I know its a stupid excuse but this is the internet and people are extremely lazy.

I will still never care, every game from a concurrent player standpoint has failed with sprint and without proper ranked/social structure and thats fact.
Sprint breaks map design and meta, no ranked/social destroys the casual fanbase

Funny how they corner the vote into a community of people who want it instead of putting the vote on maybe... the actual MCC game itself... you can't make an argument when you turn it into an arbitrary vote, thats the biggest scumbag move you can pull. way to go 343 you tricked your selfs into winning an argument against the 11% of a social forum instead of putting the poll on the actual current game. 

fucking scumbags, your results mean nothing when you pull shit like that

Funny how they corner the vote into a community of people who want it instead of putting the vote on maybe... the actual MCC game itself... you can't make an argument when you turn it into an arbitrary vote, thats the biggest scumbag move you can pull. way to go 343 you tricked your selfs into winning an argument against the 11% of a social forum instead of putting the poll on the actual current game. 

fucking scumbags, your results mean nothing when you pull shit like that

Yeah, I don't get this. Why didn't they just put the survey in game after you had completed like 50 games. After 50 games a message pops up and says "Hey, you've played a lot of the beta, please let us know what you think", then a new menu would appear for a survey that could be completed at any time throughout the beta.

On top of this, the survey would need to ask other questions such as:

Do you like sprint? Yes/No (Not Yes, maybe, kinda, etc)

Do you think the game would be better without sprint: Yes/No

What was your first Halo game?

When was the last time you played Halo 4?

What is your favourite Halo game?

They could even do things like cross reference the players that like sprint with the amount of hours they have logged in other Halo games, this way they would know if the players voting "yes" for sprint were the types of players to return the game after 3 months for CoD.

Seriously, so many better ways for 343 to do these surveys other than a stupid email.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well there was a pretty big drop off point when it was added

I think it started dropping of when Reach was released right? Have we not considered that Reach in and of itself was a major departure from Halo as we knew it? Sprint was the least of our concern - literally everything was different about that game.

you mean being a passionate fan instead of a fucking sheep? I'll continue being passionate. Question...how old are you? and tell the truth....I need the understand something before I continue discussing halo with you.

I'm a passionate fan, I just don't have a real preference regarding sprint - at least in Halo 5. I think it works fine. If they're going to insist on changing the way the game plays, at least they've proven they can do a decent job at doing that. IMO anyway.

I know many people that have directly told me they have quit Halo because of armor abilities and the many other gimmicks that have ruined the Halo experience. These abilities and gimmicks stripped away everything that made Halo popular: balanced, competitive, fun, and addictive gameplay. For me, Halo 4 is not only by far the worst Halo, but one of the worst video games I have ever played. People aren't not playing it because they are growing up. They're not playing it because it flat out sucks. Yes, people grow up and get jobs, but if the game is good, then there will always be new people playing Halo, just like CoD. I'm confident Halo can compete with CoD, but to do so 343 needs to stop forcing all these abilities and other game-breaking gimmicks into Halo.

Did you play Halo 5? If you approach it with an open mind you'd find the gameplay actually plays very well for a shooter. I'd even go as far as saying it feels more like Halo than either Reach or Halo 4. Not because it emulates classic Halo gameplay, but because the gameplay is smooth and focuses on skill. It's a different kind of skill, where being able to evade a kill is as important as being able to deal a kill. I'm undecided if this is a better path than the classic Halo gameplay style, but at least it's enjoyable.

Ok so I did not vote in this because I wasn't aware this vote existed because I'm too busy playing other games like 95% of the active H2/3 players because of sprint. They don't realise this vote was for active Halo players, not the people who have quit since Reach like myself and quite frankly the majority

I think it started dropping of when Reach was released right? Have we not considered that Reach in and of itself was a major departure from Halo as we knew it? Sprint was the least of our concern - literally everything was different about that game.

the major departure of reach was bloom and armour abilities, yes there was other shit issues (general map design, reliance on forge maps) HOWEVER these were the main points of contention. same with all the BS in H4 (aka the game everyone talks shit about now AFTER it died and heavily defended by the ~20,000 that remained) 

aka randomness, gimmicks and heavy defensive abilities off spawn...while the common audience aren't hardcore fans or come up with articulate detailed discussions i think you'll find most negative criticism you can find on youtube, FB, forums, twitter etc are mainly in one of those 3 camps. (visual and audio design usually being the other)

those without a concrete stance usually don't have good reasoning on the subject at hand and change their opinion once everything has already tanked.

current waypoint poll -

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-07%20at%203.29.2

In b4 self selection bias..... on 343's website.... where the majority of posters are casuals.

That's actually called a vocal minority.

The no sprint lobby have lost, just accept it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

The difference is that I don't think sprint has a major effect in determining if Halo is a good game. Halo 5 played great. Didn't play like classic Halo - but it is still a great game. Sprint makes the game faster pace, adding more dimensions to the gameplay. That doesn't make it worse, it just makes Halo a more complicated game. Like I've said before, the addition of sprint probably isn't needed - but it has benefits for people who are new to the game. Having more options makes the game more exciting, and affords more opportunities for improvement.

If sprint makes the game faster paced, why is CE still the fastest paced Halo? (that includes H5)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly guys, just by reading the comments on this article, i wouldnt be too surprised if that 11% was true.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/02/05/how-343-is-changing-halo-5-after-the-beta

There is a massive positive response shown in the comments, backed up with shitloads of upvotes. Not only is it extremely concerning, but pretty evident that 343 have a lot of support.

It wouldn't suprise me if it was true. It all depends on who ends up filling out the survey. I think it's time to just move on tbh. Even if H5's population drops like crazy they will just do the same thing for H6 and so on.

Pretty much every one of my friends that's played Halo since CE have already moved on from the franchise because of all these abilities they add with each new game since H3.

These same people are playing different games on the Xbox one nightly, so I agree, its not that we are growing up and getting too old/busy to play, its that Halo is now a completely different game and is geared towards a different audience. Halo as we know it is now officially gone.