Loch

Josh Holmes Confirms 77% Voted Strongly In Favour Of Sprint

i am past giving a fuck but i was disgusted enough to say something about how they created a poll that would be accessed by their most hardcore supporters in order to legitimize their game decisions in their head instead of taking a second and reviewing if what they have done has produced a good game or not

by far one of the worst companies i have been directly or indirectly related with in my life

• Upvote (+1) 5

Cool, Josh. Let's hear those numbers again after one year. I wonder if 77%  25% 10% of sales will still be playing.

I'll be playing Gears, thx.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It’s a shame that the community opinion has shifted towards an acceptance of sprint. But it doesn’t really matter. Any argument either in favour or against sprint that relies on opinion is always going to be an argumentum ad populum. I strongly believe that decisions with regard to gameplay should rely on an examination of what gameplay certain mechanics entail. Sprint is not a problem because many, most or none believe it, but because the relationship with the shield mechanic is antagonistic.  If you want strafing, shield etc. to be core mechanics sprint will always be a problem, as long as you can’t move and always shoot at the same time. This is not to say that in the ‘actual gameplay’ it is always the case, but an analysis has to be based on ideal or ‘implied gameplay’. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks to that, seems like ill be playing BF Hardline, Destiny, Diablo 3 and many other games that are good at what they are supposed to be. 

If the developers have to ask the people playing the game if a feature that is currently in the game should remain in the game, the developers developed the game wrong.

That sentence made my head explode but w/e.

If the developers have to ask the people playing the game if a feature that is currently in the game should remain in the game, the developers developed the game wrong.

That sentence made my head explode but w/e.

Nah I like community based feedback for games (when it works), which, besides sprint, worked really well for Halo 5 b/c of the beta.

Show me a graph of that please. 

At the end of he day 2.7M ppl played the Halo Reach bet vs under 1 M in 5 years. Simple.

Again, I don't understand how delusional you have to be to think that 1.7M people left because of sprint. smh

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

You know what really disgust me about you? It's the fact you're gonna just post this shit with such pride while watching a mechanic kill a franchise that you supposedly love.  Your enjoyment out of the fact that sprint is staying in Halo disgusts me. Your enjoyment out of 343 having a poll work in their favor, a skewed poll a that, it disgusts me. You make me fucking sick to my stomach.

You're being such a drama queen hahahahahha. It's not killing anything, you're delusional if you think a single feature change is going to kill a game. Your attitude is what's killing the game, at least for the core audience. People who won't shut the fuck up about the franchise being ruined by a single gameplay change, get real.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 17

Cool, Josh. Let's hear those numbers again after one year. I wonder if 77%  25% 10% of sales will still be playing.

I'll be playing Gears, thx.

Ah yeah, there's a franchise that hasn't changed a bit.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You're being such a drama queen hahahahahha. It's not killing anything, you're delusional if you think a single feature change is going to kill a game. Your attitude is what's killing the game, at least for the core audience. People who won't shut the fuck up about the franchise being ruined by a single gameplay change, get real.

Red means stop.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

9uiaCyR.png

plot twist?

Probably not - playing a game for 5 minutes or an hour doesn't really give you enough time make an informed decision.

Probably not - playing a game for 5 minutes or an hour doesn't really give you enough time make an informed decision.

Where you getting these numbers from? The more you enjoyed Halo 5 the more likely you enjoyed features like sprint and the more time you put in, if this is true then the amount of hours threshold to get into the survey could be majorly biased because if someone really didn't like sprint in their halo why would they play more than x amount. Like even 2gre played for less than an hour and quit lol.

Now lets see if Loch trys so hard to defend 343 for no reason as pulling numbers out his ass or we could just ask Josh what the survey selection formula is

Again, I don't understand how delusional you have to be to think that 1.7M people left because of sprint. smh

Well there was a pretty big drop off point when it was added

Where did I say anything about Sprint in that?  um hello, Sprint was in Reach. :kappa:

Moved on to what? If 343 is doing their job right, they'll enjoy Halo 5 more than any alternatives. That's the goal - to be a COD killer - not some 25 year old's wet dream of a competitive shooter.

Halo will never beat CoD unless they remove shields. Casual gamers love CoD because they can camp in a room with a shotgun, shoot someone in the toe and instagib them. If they do it long enough they might even be able to call an airstrike and get given free kills.

Unless Halo becomes THAT easy it will NEVER out sell CoD.

Hey look they took the opportunity to ship a blog out that did nothing but justify pet projects that are detrimental to the game with pure bullshit. Who would have seen that coming? The very fact that the surveys aren't open to anyone voids any validity that they had. I took the surveys and most of the times the questions didn't even allow me to place my true feelings about subjects into them. They were mostly multiple choice and totally avoided the most negative outcomes regarding any of the controversial topics. That was pretty much the only question that let you say you didn't like sprint specifically without sacrificing the chance to say the 80 other terrible additions were bad too.  

Your attitude is what's killing the game, at least for the core audience. People who won't shut the fuck up about the franchise being ruined by a single gameplay change, get real.

you mean being a passionate fan instead of a fucking sheep? I'll continue being passionate. Question...how old are you? and tell the truth....I need the understand something before I continue discussing halo with you.

Lol...

WHAT IN THE FUCK

How do 77% of people vote in favor of sprint when 3 other Halo communities had over 60% voting AGAINST IT!!!!!

Cuz majority gave up on it without even attempting the survey. Me included again I apologize