Sign in to follow this  
AkaDemiK

Why is Sprint good for Halo?

How the fuck can you jump that high in such a heavy suit????

Agreed, you shouldn't be able to jump that high. Reach's jump was much more realistic.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Sprint isnt flawed its the loss of weapon like nosku said along with how it influences map design and makes them larger, that destroys the arena gameplay.

The animation is pointless based on "immersion" a good base movement speed and strafe speed is enough, everyone always knew the spartan was sprinting anyway noone complained they HAD to see it.

Like youre aware youre sprinting in CS because you can slow yourself down, theres no animation and your weapon doesnt go down.

Exactly!

If 343i is going to copy a gaming franchise it should be Counter Strike since it's basically PC's Halo.

Something like having reduced accuracy when shooting and sprinting at the same time would work better.

So thats how you get so many negs.... Ive always wondered how people unlock darth vader's lightsaber.

I have noticed that people take this forum far too seriously and neg me when I joke about about things yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can't say why sprint is good for Halo but I can see why it's good for entry level players and new players in general.

Sprint makes the game completely accessible to new players by providing them with an extremely high chance of being able to escape. It creates a less frustrating environment for those who aren't up to par with their reaction times, or aiming skills by providing them with an opportunity to have multiple chances to succeed in a 1v1 engagement. I guess it can be annoying getting punished so hard in an arena shooter, but 343 and or microsoft believe themselves stated they want Halo to be more accessible and I honestly can't think of another feature that would help out new players besides giving them permanent prometheon vision.

Now this obviously isn't good for "Halo" but this is great appealing the the masses rather than your core fan base. This should boost sales, and keep all the new players playing for an additional 2-3 weeks before they stop playing and go back to the new CoD. 

Agreed, you shouldn't be able to jump that high. Reach's jump was much more realistic.

You are clueless when it comes to the Halo lore.

Because that armor has to weigh a ton. I don't care how built or athletic you are, it's going to be extremely difficult to sprint in such a heavy suit.

Because that armor has to weigh a ton. I don't care how built or athletic you are, it's going to be extremely difficult to sprint in such a heavy suit.

Why wouldn't a supersoldier be able to to sprint?

That's right. I just Waypointed all over your ass.

First of all, yes..the armor weighs a lot but what none of you #loremasters understand is that the MJOLNIR armor is a NUCLEAR POWERED ARMOR, that MULTIPLIES EVERY SPARTAN'S MOVEMENT. It boosts everything..strength, speed, reaction times, etc and that's why the suits aren't dragging the Spartans down.

Also, we're forgetting that Spartans were augmented elite supersoldiers made to use the armor? 

2) Using lore as an explanation on why a soldier can/can't do something on multiplayer is a terrible argument.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is different... That's the point. Sprint is different and it emphasizes a different skillset. Experiences in past games don't relate. You are no longer guaranteed to win 1v1s with a better shot, and you are no longer guaranteed to kill a player with bad positioning. Do I think that it is better? Nope. But I also think that many veteran players dislike it because it is not what they are used to.

Yes you did a good job of explaining why it's different, but didn't say anything about why it's a good addition to the game lol.

Like for me, sprint is good because it saved me $60.

Yes you did a good job of explaining why it's different, but didn't say anything about why it's a good addition to the game lol.

From a competitive standpoint there isn't a solid argument.

Is sprint an undeniably good addition to the game? No.

Is it an undeniably bad addition? No, not if you read my post.

Conclusion: It is simply different. So different that is alienating hardcore fans.

Pointless question. It's not good or bad in terms of gameplay, unless you happen to hold that opinion - but that opinion is purely based on preference. What sprint means for Halo is more or less aligning it with other shooters. It's the same reason why default controls now sport a left trigger ADS zoom (at least that's what I've heard, I switched to BJ as soon as I started the game up.) 343 wants to make it easier to pick up a controller and play Halo, even if you've never played before. My reply to "why is sprint good for Halo?" is simply that if people find the game easier to play and easier to enjoy, then they'll play it more often and might even prefer it to other AAA titles.

Pointless question. It's not good or bad in terms of gameplay, unless you happen to hold that opinion - but that opinion is purely based on preference. What sprint means for Halo is more or less aligning it with other shooters. It's the same reason why default controls now sport a left trigger ADS zoom (at least that's what I've heard, I switched to BJ as soon as I started the game up.) 343 wants to make it easier to pick up a controller and play Halo, even if you've never played before. My reply to "why is sprint good for Halo?" is simply that if people find the game easier to play and easier to enjoy, then they'll play it more often and might even prefer it to other AAA titles.

You do realise that sprint is the reason there has not been a single good original map created since Halo 3.

The addition of sprint adds elements to the game that make it harder to jump in an enjoy as a weekend player. Sprinting around, just like in Halo 4, puts you at a massive disadvantage. This disadvantage equates into many more deaths, which translates into many more losses, which does not equal enjoyment for most of these players. And now in Halo 5, this is compounded with a faster TTK and the shields not recharging. 

Maybe I'll be proven wrong with population counts post launch, but all it does imo is make the game more annoying to play. Now, a 100% fleshed out ranking system and good skill based matchmaking will help out enormously for the H5 launch, and will definitely cut the annoyance of using all these new abilities that work at low levels of play but are easily counterable and are more likely to get you killed at higher levels of play.

Can we just automatically ban anyone that ever uses the term "lore" on these forums?

Is this the part were I post a picture of all the Halo books I own?

Spartans sprinting and somehow losing the ability to shoot sucks from a lore perspective too. What super soldier can't shoot while sprinting?

Immersion ruined.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we just automatically ban anyone that ever uses the term "lore" on these forums?

But #Lore is the biggest argument against smart-scope...

All I read is that sprint is bad because it allows you to escape a battle in which you shouldn't have because of your bad positioning.

Now, I'm reading that the only reason its bad is because you can't shoot while sprinting, and that we want a button that allows us to increase our speed, but allows us to shoot?

Please make up your mind. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

All I read is that sprint is bad because it allows you to escape a battle in which you shouldn't have because of your bad positioning.

Now, I'm reading that the only reason its bad is because you can't shoot while sprinting, and that we want a button that allows us to increase our speed, but allows us to shoot?

Please make up your mind. 

One good aspect of Sprint is that it promotes movement, because players know the weapons cannot deal with the higher speed, but this movement does not promote action, because of the inability to shoot as well as the very reason it compels movement.  Halo has one weapon sandbox, which needs to be based around one speed and one level of weapon readiness.  Violating either of these conditions defeats the purpose of movement--to promote decisive or highly consequential action.

• Upvote (+1) 2