DrMassacre

Hyena : The Final Halo 3 Montage : "Mastery"

idk, it looked like he just got lucky and landed directly on the rocket on his way down which caused the ground or his feet to absorb most of the blow. But that is what I am gonna call it whenever I survive a near-direct rocket hit from now on. "It wasn't host bro, that was my iron feet technique."

Dude the montage made me feel like i was watching a whole entire different game. Sniping the rockets and plasma nades to kill the guy. In all of my years of playing halo I've never thought to do that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

idk, it looked like he just got lucky and landed directly on the rocket on his way down which caused the ground or his feet to absorb most of the blow. But that is what I am gonna call it whenever I survive a near-direct rocket hit from now on. "It wasn't host bro, that was my iron feet technique."

Ah. I didn't know if it was crouching to avoid damage like crouching to avoid fall damage in CE. I figured I would have heard of it by now if it was, which is why I was curious.

H3 Rockets man. If there's one weapon that needed a overhaul it was those. They're freaking Rockets and people survived from them too often

Yeah, but I do like that you had to be someone accurate with them, instead of killing everyone in a 5 mile radius.

Ah. I didn't know if it was crouching to avoid damage like crouching to avoid fall damage in CE. I figured I would have heard of it by now if it was, which is why I was curious.

Yeah, but I do like that you had to be someone accurate with them, instead of killing everyone in a 5 mile radius.

I feel like they should just blow up everything though. They're the most powerful weapon in the game when Reach brought the God level Rockets back I was happy about it.

I feel like they should just blow up everything though. They're the most powerful weapon in the game when Reach brought the God level Rockets back I was happy about it.

Yes and no. I think a nice medium between Reach and H3 would have been good. I know it's an explosion, but I feel like they should have to at least land near the person. We all saw how the Promethian Launcher worked, that was nuts. I'd much rather eat a rocket than let them become that easy.

Got a chance to watch it a few days ago, amazing stuff. Crazy to see him leave but a hell of a way to go out.

Yes and no. I think a nice medium between Reach and H3 would have been good. I know it's an explosion, but I feel like they should have to at least land near the person. We all saw how the Promethian Launcher worked, that was nuts. I'd much rather eat a rocket than let them become that easy.

Yeah incin Cannon is nuts, I swear there were times where only one of those tiny streams touched me and I melted

Yeah incin Cannon is nuts, I swear there were times where only one of those tiny streams touched me and I melted

What? You were shot in the toe. Well obviously you should have died because you can't live without your toe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish kids who made Halo montages over the past few years paid attention to why this is amazing.  It's not about getting huge multi-kills against morons in stupid gametypes, it's about being creative and making impossible small plays that completely demoralize opponents and leave you thinking and learning at the same time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

tumblr_lg1k48HxGA1qcfyv8.gif

This is the greatest montage I have ever seen. Why have I never heard of Hyena before??

I don't know, but you really should go check out his other videos. Its all good content

I don't know, but you really should go check out his other videos. Its all good content

There are so many videos, I feel like I've been missing out all these years.

Hyena has been a fairly well known montage kid for a long time. He's been known for his "lightning" snipes since forever.

H3 Rockets man. If there's one weapon that needed a overhaul it was those. They're freaking Rockets and people survived from them too often

This is what I liked about them, they took some skill to be really effective. Even on mainstage you'd see someone get 0-1 kills with 4 rockets a surprising amount.

This is what I liked about them, they took some skill to be really effective. Even on mainstage you'd see someone get 0-1 kills with 4 rockets a surprising amount.

Rockets are not supposed to be skillful; it is getting them that is supposed to be skillful, then you are rewarded with this super OP weapon. Glad Reach made them like CE rockets, then H4 nerfed them again which was stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rockets are not supposed to be skillful; it is getting them that is supposed to be skillful, then you are rewarded with this super OP weapon. Glad Reach made them like CE rockets, then H4 nerfed them again which was stupid.

Reach was too much imo, you could shoot a rocket at the railing on countdown's streets and kill someone behind that, there was no escaping them. Even rockets should have some skill to be effective with, no matter how hard they are to get.