DrMassacre

Hyena : The Final Halo 3 Montage : "Mastery"

Insane what a game with a nearly infinitely skillful sniper can produce. The bar is still being raised a decade and a half post release.

Okay, ever since I watched this last night I've not stopped thinking about it. Watched it 6 times.

This is why I love halo! The impossible can become possible.

This is more than just getting a few good multikills like every other montage, this is art, this is total genius.

I love this so much. Probs too this guy.

Basically if you get really close to a powerup with equipment you can swap them out for each other. Then you'll be able to deploy the powerup like you would equipment provided theres a piece of equipment near you to press swap with.

If he was to die wthout using it, the Ovy would have fell out of his body too

For some reason I thought that was taken out of the game. I remember doing it a long time ago and tried it recently and couldn't do it anymore.

BullXRape X10. Extremely impressive gameplay ideas. This is one of the main reasons why Halo is great and always will be better than watching all other FPS.

What is Hyena's twitter? I think he needs to see this.

He doesn't have a twitter but he's seen it, and he says the feedback is overwhelming.

I highly suggest watching his other montages like "Blizzard From The Netherworld II", "Horse Boxing Killer", all 9 videos leading up to his final and many more. Although I think this is his best video ever, he still has some amazing montages and clips on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/braindeadbeau

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a movie studio that generally works with anime style cartoon films. My girlfriend introduced me to their films a few months ago, and they are truly wonderful. It got taken down because the music in the montage is copyrighted by them(like most music is), and Hyena obviously hasn't contacted them or bought the rights to use their music, but that's usually not a problem since we don't make montages for profit. It's all for entertainment and for our own love for a game, but I believe it was taken down because of the rapid growth is was gaining, and since it had copyrighted material included in it. I think it's mostly Youtube just making sure that someone isn't making money off of other peoples work and content. It'll most likely be sorted out soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's all for entertainment and for our own love for a game, but I believe it was taken down because of the rapid growth is was gaining, and since it had copyrighted material included in it

How many views did it have before it was taken down? Anyone know?

How many views did it have before it was taken down? Anyone know?

About 5k views. No where near as many as it should but still alot for these times.

On the last watch I gave it, it was at 5.5k views. It had grown by a thousand in less than 2 hours.

Piano Frenzy said it has 7k views with 1k+ likes when it got downed, and with the exposure from pros like Ogre 2 tweeting about it, Kampy shouting it out in his latest video, it surfacing the frontpage of r/Halo, it was bound to grow, and it honestly had the best exposure we have seen since before 2010. It was well on it's way to being the first Halo montage in the longest time to break 100k. It's really sad it was stopped in it's tracks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also, this thread loads slow as fucking shit because of the gifs. Any chance of having that fixed or at the very least optimized?

• Downvote (-1) 1

DA IRON FEET TEKNIQUE  :P

What exactly is this? I have never heard of it or anyone doing anything like it before.

What exactly is this? I have never heard of it or anyone doing anything like it before.

idk, it looked like he just got lucky and landed directly on the rocket on his way down which caused the ground or his feet to absorb most of the blow. But that is what I am gonna call it whenever I survive a near-direct rocket hit from now on. "It wasn't host bro, that was my iron feet technique."

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3 Rockets man. If there's one weapon that needed a overhaul it was those. They're freaking Rockets and people survived from them too often