Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

Shit_just_got_real.jpg

Ogre 2 and Legend signed up for the 2v2 tourney

Now we need that Patch/Snipy combo. I don't see anyone beating them since they'd be on the same box.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't have to lead as much on host either.  Your shots are just a little 'crispier', for lack of a better word.

This is by far the biggest advantage on OG LAN.  I think since competitive OG shifted to 2v2 from 4v4 people seem to have forgotten the huge host advantage on OG lan.  I remember running games where one team dominated every map, swap who was hosting and the exact team dominates the maps.  And this was just with a hub and 2 25' cables.

Shit_just_got_real.jpg

Ogre 2 and Legend signed up for the 2v2 tourney

Now we need that Patch/Snipy combo. I don't see anyone beating them since they'd be on the same box.

I'll be in Phoenix for work that weekend

So whos Sn1py gonna pick up??

Snipy had prior obligations as well so he can't play in this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to do all I can to get some real players in this! Stinks that Patch can't play but I was so happy to see Ogre and Legend register!

Is there anyone I should be tweeting at to j up on this??

Think Walshy would/could play??

I want to do all I can to get some real players in this! Stinks that Patch can't play but I was so happy to see Ogre and Legend register!

Is there anyone I should be tweeting at to j up on this??

Think Walshy would/could play??

walsh should commentate the tournament
  • Upvote (+1) 3

While I don't think there will be many of the OG guys coming in here I'm sure we'll still have a good amount of beyonds' Halo CE guys enter.

How could he commentate on someone else's stream? Is it possible?

While I don't think there will be many of the OG guys coming in here I'm sure we'll still have a good amount of beyonds' Halo CE guys enter.

Lol im not sure. It would be cool though.

set stream to private, let walshy host their stream, commentate over it. 

set stream to private, let walshy host their stream, commentate over it. 

Ok, I'm going to try and get a hold of him.

well, that wasn't too hard.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ok, I'm going to try and get a hold of him.

well, that wasn't too hard.

Dude, you freaking rock.  Thank you.

I still want to see Walsh in the tournament too. That would be so cool. It'd be really nice if he could commentate the later rounds though.

I personally don't know if I'll be streaming. I know it affects your connection and makes it inconsistent.

Wouldn't it make sense to have someone commentate who is actually... good? And preferably funny? At least one of the two.

I'll text Puckett.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Without spectator mode the game is horrible to cast, I mean we can try the inception casting stuff but it usually comes out pretty awful and severely delayed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Without spectator mode the game is horrible to cast, I mean we can try the inception casting stuff but it usually comes out pretty awful and severely delayed.

true but its still more fun to watch than without commentary and a known commentator means more views

plus with commentary the non CE community might find the game way more watchable than without, which might even make those people curious about the game and theyll check it out

teapots intention was to boost the MCC CE community, right?

a commentator would greatly support this imo, especially if its walshy who imo does a nice job in that regard

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed, if Walshy commentated and explained exactly what a player was doing, people would become much more interested. Watching some guy's stream without context adds almost nothing of value especially with a game as deep and fast paced as CE.