Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

With the new 2v2 restriction in the playlist everyone can get some good practice in.

Well, as much as MCC will allow...

With the new 2v2 restriction in the playlist everyone can get some good practice in.

Well, as much as MCC will allow...

I've only had two good games in mcc CE, both of those was against patch and sn1py. Every other game was a blowout or someone quits or either you or your opponent, often both- get a str8 downie on your team. Sad times.

Just in case anyone misinterpreted what I meant, patch+snip schooled me but it was cool seeing what they do.

I've only had two good games in mcc CE, both of those was against patch and sn1py. Every other game was a blowout or someone quits or either you or your opponent, often both- get a str8 downie on your team. Sad times.

That sounds a little saddening. Patch might talk shit but I've seen some footage from him now and the man is good.

That sounds a little saddening. Patch might talk shit but I've seen some footage from him now and the man is good.

They're so fun to watch, the nade/rocket montage snipes don't cease to be entertaining

They're so fun to watch, the nade/rocket montage snipes don't cease to be entertaining

Hard to watch when you're always on respawn though amirite   ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just in case anyone misinterpreted what I meant, patch+snip schooled me but it was cool seeing what they do.

me n @@Frosty played em the other night....good times

• Upvote (+1) 2

me n @@Frosty played em the other night....good times

I seen, you were the only match I saw where it wasn't a piss take. Patch was aalways lookin at where you'd spawn next. Me spectatin "oh, no,no,no don't spawn thar" spawns there being pre pistoled. :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Toxin and Doboy were playing Bobby Blitz and Mando last night.  Watching the stream, Mando was on a different connection and both of them were getting 3-4 shotted plenty of times.   Doboy was hosting.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Toxin and Doboy were playing Bobby Blitz and Mando last night.  Watching the stream, Mando was on a different connection and both of them were getting 3-4 shotted plenty of times.   Doboy was hosting.  

I was also watching Wubby play against Bobby Blitz the other day, and he wasn't pulling a nightcrawler all over the map. If both of these players have actually stopped glitching everywhere, it just might be a sign of the end times.

I LOVE split screen. It is probably the thing I love most about Halo 1. However, playing splitscreen against guys who are not on the same box is a bit unfair. To make it fair, I think the split screen box should host all the games.

God help anyone hosting in this tourney who ain't og.

For sure. If you have fiber optic, multiply the host disadvantage x10.  It's fun playing games on here that are 50-48 that would be 50-10 on LAN.

Full clip unloaded = no kill.  Nothing that a nade off respawn can't take care of however....

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=bfb143a68ee28ceb&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21174&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AAQ1XEJETNgibzE

Also when hosting, make sure you lead your sniper by an inch when jumping.....

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=bfb143a68ee28ceb&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21173&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AAQ1XEJETNgibzE

Hope they get it fixed soon.

For sure. If you have fiber optic, multiply the host disadvantage x10.  It's fun playing games on here that are 50-48 that would be 50-10 on LAN.

Full clip unloaded = no kill.  Nothing that a nade off respawn can't take care of however....

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=bfb143a68ee28ceb&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb!174&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AAQ1XEJETNgibzE

Also when hosting, make sure you lead your sniper by an inch when jumping.....

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=bfb143a68ee28ceb&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb!173&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AAQ1XEJETNgibzE

Hope they get it fixed soon.

I'd love to watch your clips but my tablets a ***. Here's hoping for that rumoured parity anyway <3

So ive been hosting alot last few nights, long range definately feels a whole like og. But short range does not feel like og to me. I shoot pretty well on all maps except pris. Im not sure whats going on there but it is definately not like og, cuz I shoot fine on pris in og. Anyone else thats been hosting alot lately notice themself shooting consistently worse on pris when compared to other maps?

Can I please get a response from someone in charge of tournament about allowing split screen or not? It really is going to decide if im going to ask my halo ce friend that is in town that weekend to play with me or not.

So ive been hosting alot last few nights, long range definately feels a whole like og. But short range does not feel like og to me. I shoot pretty well on all maps except pris. Im not sure whats going on there but it is definately not like og, cuz I shoot fine on pris in og. Anyone else thats been hosting alot lately notice themself shooting consistently worse on pris when compared to other maps?

Watch the video I posted above.  A full clip unloaded while hosting for the no kill.  I do notice that when people with bad connections host, they are able to hit anyone very well that has a good connection on any map despite being host.

I havent noticed some people being harder to hit then others on my host. I run into that all the time off host though. I have noticed that it seems like some people get a shot in me before it is possible for me to get a shot in them when I host which makes no sense considering that everything is supposed to run off my box. Also before last update it was the opposite and it felt like I saw everyone a split second before they did me when I hosted.

Watch the video I posted above.  A full clip unloaded while hosting for the no kill.  I do notice that when people with bad connections host, they are able to hit anyone very well that has a good connection on any map despite being host.

You didn't have host - his shields flared 4-5 frames (@30fps) after the white bullet sparks showed up on his body. On host, the shields flare on the next frame after the impact spark shows up (or the second frame at 60fps).

Are you sure he didn't have overshield?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay guys honestly?

I have seen multiple posts (excuse my bluntness) bitching about the tournament we are hosting. If you don't want to play in it, then don't. Simple as that.

Hopefully a patch will be released for the game, if not then it isn't the end of the world.

Teapot put up some major cash, it's FREE TO ENTER, and I was able to hook it up with ASTRO to add more sick gear as prizing.

So damn lame to see complaints about it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If people have something they think they should bitch about they are gonna bitch. Usually the people bitching are the ones who wouldn't play in the tournament anyway because they would get the quick 2-0 in the first round.