Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

So @@Teapot what is the total prize pool for this tourny supposed to look like? Any concrete info on how it will be split and whatnot? 

My new goal is $400 for 1st, $200 for 2nd place and $100 for third. That was more or less a recent goal and still need to put up $200 more dollar to reach that.

My new goal is $400 for 1st, $200 for 2nd place and $100 for third. That was more or less a recent goal and still need to put up $200 more dollar to reach that.

I could be way off because I didnt pay attention to the scene for like 10 years but will this be the biggest(in terms of payout) halo 2v2 tourney of all time? If anyone received anything for the early MLG tourneys it was peanuts, 2v2 wasnt really taken seriously then. Has to be top 5 id think.

man this tourney better gets the attention it deserves then!

spread the word guys ;)

Teapot,

Just an idea, but you could use the funds for a tourney at the Beach LAN. I'll be there and can make sure its ran properly. MCC isn't fair at all because some people have better internet than others. Plus there will be multiple capture/streaming stations.

MCC isn't fair at all because some people have better internet than others. Plus there will be multiple capture/streaming stations.

id actually go so far and say that the person hosting the game isnt allowed to stream

or at least not stream through the XBL twitch app from the console

here an example

snipy is hosting the game, left picture hes streaming, right picture hes not streaming

what you want is to have a stable and constant ping to the host, then you can adapt to the lead even on high pings

but super-jumpy pings like in the left picture make the lead extremly unpredictable, each second you might have to lead different

snipy has 20 up i think

each break = 1 second

wXUTijV.png

Yes, the way Teapot has talked about this leads me to believe its more about growing the game than finding the absolute best 2v2 team.

id actually go so far and say that the person hosting the game isnt allowed to stream

or at least not stream through the XBL twitch app from the console

here an example

snipy is hosting the game, left picture hes streaming, right picture hes not streaming

what you want is to have a stable and constant ping to the host, then you can adapt to the lead even on high pings

but super-jumpy pings like in the left picture make the lead extremly unpredictable, each second you might have to lead different

snipy has 20 up i think

each break = 1 second

wXUTijV.png

When did you run this test when I wasn't streaming? Everytime I'm online, I stream.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, the way Teapot has talked about this leads me to believe its more about growing the game than finding the absolute best 2v2 team.

We don't know who the best team is?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Uh oh, lol. Someone got caught.

Prove it on MCC

You're really weird. "Prove it... online."

All the people that have participated in the finals of these tournaments wouldn't win a game against us on lan. Don't take my word, ask them.

You're really weird. "Prove it... online."

All the people that have participated in the finals of these tournaments wouldn't win a game against us on lan. Don't take my word, ask them.

If you don't win this tournament, then you're not the best.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If you don't win this tournament, then you're not the best.

Says who? Knightyknight?! Lol. Or our peers?

We will play the winners with 3:1 odds for their winnings. On lan. That's if we don't play in the tournament.

Says who? Knightyknight?! Lol. Or our peers?

We will play the winners with 3:1 odds for their winnings. On lan. That's if we don't play in the tournament.

How do you lan MCC?

How do you lan MCC?

Idk but if they refuse the 3:1 challenge, we're back to being the best. If we no-show and then they no-show, we got the belts back.

So if people refuse to take time out of their lives to travel to your house, they aren't better than you? Okay, that makes sense. 

Like I said, win this 2v2 and I will agree that you are the best.

Winning $1200 should cover their costs.

And time out of their lives? Do you know who you're talking about? These kids play MCC every single night.

• Upvote (+1) 4