Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

for those of you enjoying the current patch with no bullet magnetism theres a tourney held in 4 days, probably one of the last tourneys that will have the no bullet magnetism

both US and EU allowed (see rules!)

http://eurohalo.eu/

might actually attend by myself, question is if i can get one of my other two mates to reinstall the game lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for putting it up, beamimpact. I tried making a thread about the tournament a couple of weeks ago, but apparently only partnered tournaments are allowed to be advertised here. (So be prepared for your post to be deleted, I guess...)

Thanks for putting it up, beamimpact. I tried making a thread about the tournament a couple of weeks ago, but apparently only partnered tournaments are allowed to be advertised here. (So be prepared for your post to be deleted, I guess...)

:salt: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

its not the first time an external tourney has been posted here, it should be fine :)

when does the sign-up stop?

its not the first time an external tourney has been posted here, it should be fine :)

when does the sign-up stop?

Its in the OP - everyone should sign up. The more tournaments the better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rules state only one us/Canadian per team.  I'm down to play if anyone from EU is looking for a teammate.

the rules also say incase of low registrations full US teams are allowed, with currently 5/16 players that sort of points into that direction i guess

as a EU player i also wouldnt mind playing on US host as long as its not west-coast :)

US players are welcome with an EU teammate for this tournament, yes. Feel free to sign up!

Forgot to post about upcoming 2v2's and missed a lot. My apologies. Feel free to post about new ones. 

I'm not sure but I think IGotCats was in the finals of the last one?

I'm not sure but I think IGotCats was in the finals of the last one?

That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. I used to play FFAs with him all the time back in the H2 days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. I used to play FFAs with him all the time back in the H2 days.

He's posted here a few times if I'm not mistaken, and made some incredibly helpful Halo 2 videos. I was surprised to see Nick Hobbes and Cizzats in the finals, but didn't check the brackets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's posted here a few times if I'm not mistaken, and made some incredibly helpful Halo 2 videos. I was surprised to see Nick Hobbes and Cizzats in the finals, but didn't check the brackets.

His content is all really good, I enjoy a lot of it. He's a very diverse gamer, plays a little bit of everything.

Yeah he's never really stopped except for the Reach days. (can't blame him) I played him in LBR8 at MLG Orlando 07 and we both got knocked out together, lol.

Our side of the bracket was super weak, and I had to take on a newish player at the last minute and we still almost won the Chill Out game against Nick/Cizzat. If my regular 2s partner John didn't have to bail (he had to drive to NYC last night) we probably would have beat Nick and made finals and actually won money. Pretty disappointing, I've never won money before :(

I live in Canada and in a smaller town to boot and we just never have local tournies, it's so weird how everyone in the US has local tournies but I've only seen tournies in Toronto for the most part up here...

I think it's safe to say I'd cream anyone at CE in my hometown and most people in the Ottawa area, so if we had Blockbuster/Gamestop tournies up here I would have won for sure. Never really played a whole lot of people around here but I only know of good players from the Toronto region. I hardly saw anyone on XBC back in the day from my area which sucked.

Our side of the bracket was super weak, and I had to take on a newish player at the last minute and we still almost won the Chill Out game against Nick/Cizzat. If my regular 2s partner John didn't have to bail (he had to drive to NYC last night) we probably would have beat Nick and made finals and actually won money. Pretty disappointing, I've never won money before :(

lets be real Vinny. H2A is your best game

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think another Beyond H1 2v2 tourney would be a nice way to fill in some time between HCS S2 Finals and the start of Season 3, yes?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Here is our tournament forecast for the next three months: (Announcing July soon)

All tournaments will have a $500 prize pool.

July: Halo 2 Classic 2v2

August: Halo: CE 2v2

September: H2A 1v1

If anyone would like to donate to the prize pool for any of these tournaments I am open to that, but we wont start an official crowdfunding page / effort that we broadcast to the public.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Here is our tournament forecast for the next three months: (Announcing July soon)

If anyone would like to donate to the prize pool for any of these tournaments I am open to that, but we wont start an official crowdfunding page / effort that we broadcast to the public.

October: 12v12 Warzone

Id also be fine with non-pricemoney beyond CE tourneys if that raises the frequency of CE tourneys ;)

Nice to hear about August btw :)

Fuck. Yes. 

Kr423r.gif