Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

Any of the later matches and finals recorded? Anyone know? I'll check some Twitch archives in mean time.

Here's the absolutely insane finish to my and @@BFir3's team on Saturday in Game 3. This was after they smoked us 50-36 and we smoked them 50-31 in Dammy. Tied 49-49, next kill wins to move on to Round 4 against Roybox.

xboxdvr.com/Vinny%20Mendoza/196788f4-5090-4494-97e0-843a94c1377d/embed

Critiquing myself, I should have stayed at the random on red spiral regardless of getting shot, sometimes I think too much about self-preservation when I should random my teammate to get the jump on them. And I should have expected that spawn at bottom of little-covered at the very end and been looking at it. Also I didn't lead at all the first two shots and missed by literal pixels 'cause I'm shit. Also maybe John should have grabbed OS before firing rocket (disabling his camo). Probably would have been an easy double kill FTW if he grabbed OS first considering he has a great pistol as well. But maybe he didn't see the guy on red pistol. Oh well, still a great series regardless of outcome.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Here's the absolutely insane finish to my and @@BFir3's team on Saturday in Game 3. This was after they smoked us 50-36 and we smoked them 50-31 in Dammy. Tied 49-49, next kill wins to move on to Round 4 against Roybox.

xboxdvr.com/Vinny%20Mendoza/196788f4-5090-4494-97e0-843a94c1377d/embed

Critiquing myself, I should have stayed at the random on red spiral regardless of getting shot, sometimes I think too much about self-preservation when I should random my teammate to get the jump on them. And I should have expected that spawn at bottom of little-covered at the very end and been looking at it. Also I didn't lead at all the first two shots and missed by literal pixels 'cause I'm shit. Also maybe John should have grabbed OS before firing rocket (disabling his camo). Probably would have been an easy double kill FTW if he grabbed OS first considering he has a great pistol as well. But maybe he didn't see the guy on red pistol. Oh well, still a great series regardless of outcome.

Don't feel too bad about John not getting the camo before shooting the rocket (although obviously that would have changed the outcome lol). I ran top powerup earlier that game and it was an OS. I remember you guys were both top blue and I started shooting you with my pistol thinking I could grab OS for invincibility; nope you guys both turn and instantly 3 shot me hahahah.

I hope there are more H1 MCC 2v2 tournies. There are a lot of differences from the original and a lot of inconsistencies that make the experience less enjoyable but at the end of the day it's still Halo and it's still fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't feel too bad about John not getting the camo before shooting the rocket (although obviously that would have changed the outcome lol). I ran top powerup earlier that game and it was an OS. I remember you guys were both top blue and I started shooting you with my pistol thinking I could grab OS for invincibility; nope you guys both turn and instantly 3 shot me hahahah.

I hope there are more H1 MCC 2v2 tournies. There are a lot of differences from the original and a lot of inconsistencies that make the experience less enjoyable but at the end of the day it's still Halo and it's still fun.

@@BFir3 Dude I remember when I turned and blained you when you were literally standing an inch away from OS and being so fucking JACKED, lol. I was yelling "I GOT HIM I GOT HIM HE DIDN'T GET OS" hahaha.

You didn't happen to clip the end from your perspective did you? Would be interesting to see. Such a ballsy move. GFir3 must have been sweating so hard behind that tombstone while you made that move lol. And I bet you shit your pants when you spawned little covered. GGs man!

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Hootspa You will see tournament talk for HCE here. As you can see from the post above TB have announced monthly tournaments and it will be a vary of the games on MCC so I expect another HCE tournament

Would anyone donate to a prize pool for a LAN tournament? Nothing is set in stone, and I'd probably post more information when I actually send the money and it's in the right hands, but would people chip in for a prize pool that feature OG Halo CE 2v2s on LAN?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd be willing to, just depends on my paycheck at the time.

I have no idea what the best way would be to donate for a prize pool. Like I know about kickstarter and other start up websites and what they're used for, but is there something better for this type of idea?

As of now I plan on $500 at the beach lan. I've talked some things over with McDick about it.

I have no idea what the best way would be to donate for a prize pool. Like I know about kickstarter and other start up websites and what they're used for, but is there something better for this type of idea?

As of now I plan on $500 at the beach lan. I've talked some things over with McDick about it.

Obviously we're all in constant communication but I think john should tack on a extra $10 to the LAN fee, to go towards to tourney. So kind of like a mandatory inclusion into entry or support of it. That's at least another $300

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would cost me more than that just to get to beach LAN and eat for a week then get home. 

Yeah man I know it's not really walking away from the LAN with a profit for most. It'd be cool to possibly get other prizes or something. Not sure what the future brings but I don't know how much more I'll put up. What do money matches usually go for there?

Obviously we're all in constant communication but I think john should tack on a extra $10 to the LAN fee, to go towards to tourney. So kind of like a mandatory inclusion into entry or support of it. That's at least another $300

That's actually a great way to increase the prize pool. I'd imagine there's a good number of people who know they don't stand a chance at the top spot though. 

I posted a long time ago that I would be willing to donate 100 bucks if it was guaranteed that all 4 horseman would be there competing. Shortly after that ogre 2 posted he couldnt attend this years beach lan. Anyway I know 100 bucks is nothing compared to your $500 teapot, but I share a bank account with a wife that doesnt share my love for Halo...lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I posted a long time ago that I would be willing to donate 100 bucks if it was guaranteed that all 4 horseman would be there competing. Shortly after that ogre 2 posted he couldnt attend this years beach lan. Anyway I know 100 bucks is nothing compared to your $500 teapot, but I share a bank account with a wife that doesnt share my love for Halo...lol

just tell her it'll save puppies
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I like the idea of crowd funding future tournaments. It's a win for everyone involved; the people who are already competing will see an increased prize pool, the spectators will have a chance to contribute directly to the tournaments, and the increased prize pools would likely entice more people to participate in future tournaments.

That being said, I think that one of the major hurdles that the competitive community has to overcome in order to grow to full potential is the difficulty of streaming tournament matches. Because there is no spectator mode in MCC, the only way to stream the games is if someone who is actually competing is streaming it. This has the downside of potentially affecting the quality of the connection for the players in the match, and also means that there is no real "viewer experience". I have no idea how we can overcome this obstacle...with the exception of a spectator mode patch, so I'm not sure why I'm even bringing this up. I guess I just think it would be really cool for the tournaments to be streamed by a third-party that provides commentary and visual elements to enhance the stream to the viewers.

Iron Gaming 2v2 and most of the future tournaments are cancelled until hot fix.

oh damn

I hope the hot fix contains a fix for all the ce specific stuff they broke last patch too and is not just fixing joing people's games/parties.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope the hot fix contains a fix for all the ce specific stuff they broke last patch too and is not just fixing joing people's games/parties.

We can hope but I'm not holding my breath. I'm extremely upset. I went out and bought the Borderlands: Handsome Collection.

Im very happy to be able to sit down and actually enjoy a game that works for a change.