Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

After watching all these H1 games and being in chat, my vocabulary has expanded. I now use the word "boys" after every sentence. Great tourney though!

After watching all these H1 games and being in chat, my vocabulary has expanded. I now use the word "boys" after every sentence. Great tourney though! boys

fixed that for you...boys

• Upvote (+1) 1

After watching all these H1 games and being in chat, my vocabulary has expanded. I now use the word "boys" after every sentence. Great tourney though!

dont forget to mix in some "unreal" once in a while and you should be set ;)

congrats to Hali for winning it, he was a 3sk machine pretty much during the entire tournament

also nice to see Ogre playing a CE tourney, while he doesnt seemed to be that happy about the lag in that HeH game it would be nice to see him attend in more MCC CE tourneys

Awesome matches, I had a chance to catch some of the finals. Those 50-49 games though... Crazy.

Will also have some good news soon about tournament prizing in the future. Not really specific to Halo CE, but this one had pretty good sign ups.

However, MCC issues with the new patch made this a shit show at some points to run. Really hoping they fix that quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will also have some good news soon about tournament prizing in the future. Not really specific to Halo CE, but this one had pretty good sign ups.

Yeah, I was really impressed. Exactly how many teams showed? Obviously its an inaccurate number because of MCC bugs but I'd still like to know. Once the game is fully functional I bet the showing could be massive.

Anyone cap these close games? I was in Germany and just got back to the states. Sacrificed playing in the tourney for good beer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

With the ability to show medals like in H2A on, I wish it also would show the score of the game. It was hard to see the score for most of the matches.

Toxin was sick, and you tell he was getting frustrated with some of the spawns Mando was giving him :lol:

Did Slim play in the tourney? I saw he was in the chat yesterday

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the ability to show medals like in H2A on, I wish it also would show the score of the game. It was hard to see the score for most of the matches.

Toxin was sick, and you tell he was getting frustrated with some of the spawns Mando was giving him :lol:

Did Slim play in the tourney? I saw he was in the chat yesterday

He was working unfortunately. I really hope to see him and ThreeShot compete at least once for a future tourney.

Patch and Snipy had to work as well, I think

I was in Phoenix, for work. Twas talking a test for my QEI.

He was working unfortunately. I really hope to see him and ThreeShot compete at least once for a future tourney.

He only gets sunday-tuesday off. I suppose Sunday would be the best chance at us playing if the prizes were worth it.

You catch my drift @@Saucey ?

He only gets sunday-tuesday off. I suppose Sunday would be the best chance at us playing if the prizes were worth it.

You catch my drift @@Saucey ?

I will make sure the next tournament held on a sunday will have a sick Hello Kitty Online Adventure DLC code for the winners.

what about adding a losers bracket and stretch the tourney to sundays? basically a mini event...just held online.

I will make sure the next tournament held on a sunday will have a sick Hello Kitty Online Adventure DLC code for the winners.

I'm not even gonna ask how you knew what I wanted for a prize  :kappa:

what about adding a losers bracket and stretch the tourney to sundays? basically a mini event...just held online.

We are trying to not interfere with the HCS. Plus with all the glitches and problems on MCC at the moment I am pretty sure everyone on staff would have jumped off a cliff to run another day of this tournament.

I wasnt around much to help out with this one, but from what I was told... it was one of the hardest tournaments we have ever ran because of all of the issues. 

Patch <

We are trying to not interfere with the HCS. 

i completely forgot about this. Friday & Saturday maybe? If not, it's still great what you guys are doing, how many tourneys overall has it been now? Also, it was rough....it took us about an hr and change to play our round 2 match

i completely forgot about this. Friday & Saturday maybe? If not, it's still great what you guys are doing, how many tourneys overall has it been now? Also, it was rough....it took us about an hr and change to play our round 2 match

We came to the decision a while ago that Free to Enter tournaments would just be single elimination, anything with an entry fee would be double elimination.  I think we have held like one pay to enter tournament though.. it was a H3 2v2 when Halo 4 was out if I recall correctly. 

If this game ever gets fixed we might be able to rock some double elimination, but I am not going to hold my breath on that one haha.

I am not sure how many we have ran, I know we kicked it off early last year when we linked up with ASTRO.. Might have started in March of 2014.  I can find my proposal email to them and find out later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We came to the decision a while ago that Free to Enter tournaments would just be single elimination, anything with an entry fee would be double elimination.  I think we have held like one pay to enter tournament though.. it was a H3 2v2 when Halo 4 was out if I recall correctly. 

If this game ever gets fixed we might be able to rock some double elimination, but I am not going to hold my breath on that one haha.

I am not sure how many we have ran, I know we kicked it off early last year when we linked up with ASTRO.. Might have started in March of 2014.  I can find my proposal email to them and find out later.

ASTRO Winter Classic (H3 2v2)

ASTRO Valentines Weekend (H3 2v2)

343/MN Spring Showdown (H4 1v1)

ASTRO Summer Doubles (H3 2v2)

ASTRO/343/Twitch Forge Idol (H4 2v2)

ASTRO Spartans (CE 2v2)

I might be missing one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ASTRO Winter Classic (H3 2v2)

ASTRO Valentines Weekend (H3 2v2)

343/MN Spring Showdown (H4 1v1)

ASTRO Summer Doubles (H3 2v2)

ASTRO/343/Twitch Forge Idol (H4 2v2)

ASTRO Spartans (CE 2v2)

I might be missing one.

When's the Spartan Assault one?

Is it possible to do a H1 sunday tourny without interfering or is it basically a given? I pay zero attention to H2A so I honestly have no clue.

Also Bobby blitz says he plays on better internet now. I'm sure he can play in the next one assuming you guys do another one.