Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

lol i haven't got longest yet but I see it in the playlist all the time and as of right now for obj only. 343 could make it for slayer 

HALO: CE

Resolved an issue that was causing off-host players to deal more damage than the host in peer-to-peer custom games.

Patch notes! Someone try that stuff!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Batchford and I were playing each other alternating host and it felt VERY smooth and shots were hitting almost like OG. I'd say it was slightly easier than OG but shots were registering properly for both of us. And he's from the UK so yeah.

I am very optimistic about this patch and how you guys will experience it. Just in time for the tournament too...

• Upvote (+1) 3

so we get rockets on dere now but we don't get 4 grenades? 

WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG TO BE IMPLEMENTED

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rofl for real, i was thinking the same fucking thing.

Also it's rockets on 30 seconds?

som1 said 75s and i believe him. srsly wtf

@Batchford and I were playing each other alternating host and it felt VERY smooth and shots were hitting almost like OG. I'd say it was slightly easier than OG but shots were registering properly for both of us. And he's from the UK so yeah.

I am very optimistic about this patch and how you guys will experience it. Just in time for the tournament too...

ty for the info

how was the off-host situation compared to that?

one of the biggest complains so far was that on-host plays way harder than off-host, is it still the case or do they feel similar now?

i know you two had a high-ping lobby as batchford is from the UK, that might make the judging on off-host a bit harder

ty for the info

how was the off-host situation compared to that?

one of the biggest complains so far was that on-host plays way harder than off-host, is it still the case or do they feel similar now?

i know you two had a high-ping lobby as batchford is from the UK, that might make the judging on off-host a bit harder

It felt pretty equal but it was limited testing.

I've played a few more matches on MMing and custom and offhost seems fine from those games. Haven't played enough on host to make a good call but like I said it felt okay in the limited tests Batchford and I did..

After ~4 hours of playing, my first impression is that shooting is way too easy on host now. It feels like back in December when everyone was hitting constant 3s.

We've had several people say one feels easier than the other. I think we need a larger sample to determine. It definitely feels easier but maybe that's because of previously poor hit reg.

I will take easier than og shooting if it means everyone is consistently hitting though. Otherwise this game runs into the halo 3 problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

whoa you can see when people are in the same party now!

word? what should I be looking for? It's about time they brought this back.

word? what should I be looking for? It's about time they brought this back.

it seems that if 2 people from your FL are in a party together it will show them together in the roster.

it seems that if 2 people from your FL are in a party together it will show them together in the roster.

what about random ppl you match, is there still no way t tell if they are playing together or separate?

what about random ppl you match, is there still no way t tell if they are playing together or separate?

uhm, not sure about that. probably not though

which is why I hope a fix comes out in the patch before the next IG and beyond tourneys

;)

• Upvote (+1) 3

If host disadvantage is removed and shots don't register easier on those with fast connections.....

I can't wait to test this out when I get back on the 29th.

If host disadvantage is removed and shots don't register easier on those with fast connections.....

I can't wait to test this out when I get back on the 29th.

I'm still getting 3d too easily by scrubs. and i have 100d 20u. So probably still advantageous to use public Wi-Fi

tumblr_n07iwyh7Zk1qc8jh0o1_250.gif

I can't look at that guy without thinking of that Patton Oswalt line, "Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement:  You Won't Wear A Shirt, And You'll Cry."

Me and my buddie quarantined have been signed up for this tournament for some time now.

Looking at the bracket today we dont see our team..

Hopefully we can be added like everyone else.

*Edit-

LOOOL nvm I found us.. they censored our team name. Fair enough.