Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

while its called H1 in your friendzone (US) its CE in mine (EU), but does this mean anything?

its still the same game, it shows off and odd picture of yours if its relevant to you that its called H1 instead of CE

But when someone in your friendzone (EU) utters the word over xbl, it takes extra long to make it's way over to me due to the latency issues lol.

I use both terms interchangeably. Halo 1 just doesn't sound right though, it wasn't halo 1 when it came out. We just called it halo or halo: ce. Halo: ce is its official title, halo 1 didn't come into play until halo 2 came out.

The way i see it, by calling it h1 you agree that h2 was a valid sequel. I believe that Combat Evolved has yet to have a sequel. Just a shitty revision.

+ I could give two fucks on how nerdy it sounds. Your nerdy enough if you get a group of people to system link or make videos.

• Upvote (+1) 3

we called it "h" until h2 came out. saying CE feels nerdy as shit

h1 da best

Around my ways "h" is something else.

• Upvote (+1) 2

verbally it's always Halo 1 but when I post I tend to post like a know it all halo ce elitist so it's always gonna be halo ce online. it does sound nerdy :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's stupid to argue over h1 vs ce

but on a shirt, h1 just looks stupid. Should be combat evolved. 

I thought we were just stating our personal preference lol. I personally don't care what people say as long as they play it.

Well kk posted exactly how it happened for us. Halo until H2 came out. Then just calling it Halo wasn't gonna cut it anymore since people asked which one. Thus, Halo 1 was born.

No one is arguing @@AkaDemiK

I still want that shirt..

I'll take that shit and also the one that says "halo CE on XBC > halo CE on MCC"

Replacing CE with "1" works also.

In Europe, we used to call Halo 1 either PAL or NTSC depending on which version we were talking about (European or American). There were also several PAL versions: PAL FR/GER, PAL UK, PAL ITA/SP. You were not able to play against each other if you didn't own the exact same version. NTSC is the shit: faster, more smooth & 60 hz

• Upvote (+1) 2

In Europe, we used to call Halo 1 either PAL or NTSC depending on which version we were talking about (European or American). There were also several PAL versions: PAL FR/GER, PAL UK, PAL ITA/SP. You were not able to play against each other if you didn't own the exact same version. NTSC is the shit: faster, more smooth & 60 hz

That's true.

HeyLow ONE!

That's true.

HeyLow ONE!

Holy jesus...you are still involved in this scene? Halo's community is incredible. If anyone doesn't know, Fil4 is a legend. Community member since the halo-pro.com days who hosted one of the largest collection of Halo 1 videos at the time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think halo-pro is one of the main reasons why I wanted to get into competitive Halo. I watched every single video in their archive at one point. This was a big deal considering it was before youtube.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of Halo-Pro, my first H1 match on LAN was against RNX and Yogi. I went to the hospital afterwards.

• Upvote (+1) 2