Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

Okay guys honestly?

I have seen multiple posts (excuse my bluntness) bitching about the tournament we are hosting. If you don't want to play in it, then don't. Simple as that.

Hopefully a patch will be released for the game, if not then it isn't the end of the world.

Teapot put up some major cash, it's FREE TO ENTER, and I was able to hook it up with ASTRO to add more sick gear as prizing.

So damn lame to see complaints about it.

Only thing I'll bitch about is lack of VoD  :halo:

Is me asking if split screen can be allowed considered bitching? If so I don't mean it that way just wondering why it is not and if it can be reconsidered.

Is me asking if split screen can be allowed considered bitching? If so I don't mean it that way just wondering why it is not and if it can be reconsidered.

Just checked it over with the right people - Split-screen will be allowed in this tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Everyone may want to go over and vote 2v2 for this Ce matchmaking thread. I don't know how much 343 looks at this info but the last thing we want is for them to take 2v2 back away from us again...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-ce-2v2-or-4v4-let-s-take-a-poll/b75cd475-8c78-42bd-b447-687447cbeaf5/posts

I wish they would just have 2v2 ts ranked and 4v4 TS/objective ranked or unranked don't care.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely agree with that buzz because 4v4 ctf was a ton of fun back in the day. Thing is small as our community is I doubt they will make both playlists and if I can only have one it would definately be 2v2ts

I completely agree with that buzz because 4v4 ctf was a ton of fun back in the day. Thing is small as our community is I doubt they will make both playlists and if I can only have one it would definately be 2v2ts

yep

i would play so much more if it just had a custom game lobby/list

They bring up a good arguement for people who dont play 2v2 ts. They are saying now that there is a doubles play list it should pick up ce and that the ce specific playlist should go to 4v4 like the other game specific playlists. I really hope they don't convince them because if they go to 4v4 the hardcore want be playing in it and a year from now when all the casuals quit playing or move to h5 the play list will die.

They bring up a good arguement for people who dont play 2v2 ts. They are saying now that there is a doubles play list it should pick up ce and that the ce specific playlist should go to 4v4 like the other game specific playlists. I really hope they don't convince them because if they go to 4v4 the hardcore want be playing in it and a year from now when all the casuals quit playing or move to h5 the play list will die.

Depends on what you want. If you want the base to grow and more people to play the game I think you have to advocate for 4v4 as the playlist. The people that play 2v2 will continue to do so no matter what. 2v2 is incredibly discouraging for new players so if it stays that, you are pretty much locking the pooulation. I genuinely don't care what it ends up at. Prefer 4v4 but 2v2 is great too. Just happy its easily playable online at this point.

kinda off topic and noob but whats the advantage of having host in OG CE in a LAN? I thought LAN was the same for all 4 players, but I noticed people sometimes point out who had host in a CE match even if it's LAN...

H1 2v2 scrim anybody?  GT: Cizzzats

kinda off topic and noob but whats the advantage of having host in OG CE in a LAN? I thought LAN was the same for all 4 players, but I noticed people sometimes point out who had host in a CE match even if it's LAN...

Xbox Halo 1 (and Halo 2) never had kill trades, so if 2 players shot each other at the same time and one was host, host would always win that exchange.  That is just an obvious example though, host has a few more advantages than just that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H1 2v2 scrim anybody?  GT: Cizzzats

Host always has an advantage.  Xbox Halo 1 (and Halo 2) never had kill trades, so if 2 players shot each other at the same time and one was host, host would always win that exchange.  That is just an obvious example though, host has a few more advantages than just that.

no.

halo ce's host advantage is that nonhost players' actions come out 1ms later than hosts. or w/e it is probably like 1-5 depending on the box.

you can trade with host all the time in ce

no.

halo ce's host advantage is that nonhost players' actions come out 1ms later than hosts. or w/e it is probably like 1-5 depending on the box.

you can trade with host all the time in ce

Can you?  I never remember doing so.  You can trade in Halo 1 and 2 in MCC because the network code is different.

I could be wrong but I don't think you can trade on OG. Or if you could you'd literally have to hit each other at the exact same frames. Trading happens WAY more frequently on MCC online.

I could be wrong but I don't think you can trade on OG. Or if you could you'd literally have to hit each other at the exact same frames. Trading happens WAY more frequently on MCC online.

yeah its true it happens an absurd amount on mcc. i'm not super tech savy but if it is onsameframe=trade its still 33ms/frame thats a lot of room for it to happen if you're only lagging behind by 2ms and ur reaction times won't differ by that much. But ce is projectile so its even more likely trades can occur. beatdown trade a decent amount.

can definitely 100% trade in og. i've down it on lan and over xbc many a time

You don't have to lead as much on host either.  Your shots are just a little 'crispier', for lack of a better word.