Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

Ill be right on

Dude how are we not friends on XBL yet?  We've lanned in person multiple times and we have yet to play this game together.  Is your GT Wargod?  I'll fix this problem tonight.

So I'm finding with this upgraded internet connection that in matchmaking, I'm getting 3 shotted much easier and it's harder to hit those with bad connects. Clearly the better your connection, the easier you are to hit. Maybe if I close my NAT while streaming Netflix on multiple sources while downloading several movies while having twitch running, it will even things out lol

So I'm finding with this upgraded internet connection that in matchmaking, I'm getting 3 shotted much easier and it's harder to hit those with bad connects. Clearly the better your connection, the easier you are to hit. Maybe if I close my NAT while streaming Netflix on multiple sources while downloading several movies while having twitch running, it will even things out lol

Is your gt o wargod o? Somethin like that?

Is your gt o wargod o? Somethin like that?

Ya something like that. StephsGoTAidz?  Don't think I've played you yet.

Anyone know who Naughtaboy (sp?) is?  Hit registration on that guy is horrible.  Worse than Bobby Blitz.

I'm saving clips of these 8-10 shot kills on players with no OS so that I can make a new film.  I shall call it:

MCC: Image of the Invincible

How may shots was this?

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=bfb143a68ee28ceb&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21163&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AIivQXvea4IaR4A

• Upvote (+1) 5

2v2 playlist, nice. Any news on rank eta?

Patch notes said the next update should improve the rank system and I think it said they will add it to more playlists when it works better.

If you have a fast connection, all you need to do is stream, download movies, and run Netflix on every PC in the house, and it's like you have constant OS... tested it and it takes 8 pistol shots to bring me down when I over load my connection off host in 2v2 customs.

Don't get any ideas people.....

If you have a fast connection, all you need to do is stream, download movies, and run Netflix on every PC in the house, and it's like you have constant OS... tested it and it takes 8 pistol shots to bring me down when I over load my connection off host in 2v2 customs.

This is terrifying.  It WILL become a problem, especially once this gets ranked.  Ugh...

So ive tried doing this to test it and even though people said they had a hard time hitting me and I was skipping some, the game felt very laggy and I couldnt hit people very good either. Also I was getting tons of ghost grenades and ghost rockets, maybe these things dont happen on a faster conection but either way I played alot better after I turned that stuff off. I feel like the people that eat bullets and still shoot well is due to a wireless signal with some interfearence or something.

So ive tried doing this to test it and even though people said they had a hard time hitting me and I was skipping some, the game felt very laggy and I couldnt hit people very good either. Also I was getting tons of ghost grenades and ghost rockets, maybe these things dont happen on a faster conection but either way I played alot better after I turned that stuff off. I feel like the people that eat bullets and shoot well is somehow due to a wireless signal with some interfearence or something but maybe you didnt get all the lag I did with a faster connection.

It's anyone's guess at this point.  Would need to run multiple tests with various players and configurations.  I think the main takeaway is that there is no consistency to anything.  I have yet to play on my wireless connection, so I plan to try that next.

I do think its a problem and should be fixed by 343 though they need to make the people who have unstable connections the ones that suffer, not the ones shooting at them. I wouldnt think this would be hard to fix except when the bad connection is hosting.

The fact that you guys are testing how to make yourself lag and discussing it on a public forum is just.... mind blowing. 

What's mind blowing is good connections being punished.   343 needs to fix this as soon as possible.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya something like that. StephsGoTAidz? Don't think I've played you yet.

Anyone know who Naughtaboy (sp?) is? Hit registration on that guy is horrible. Worse than Bobby Blitz.

I'm saving clips of these 8-10 shot kills on players with no OS so that I can make a new film. I shall call it:

MCC: Image of the Invincible

How may shots was this?

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=bfb143a68ee28ceb&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21163&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AIivQXvea4IaR4A

Looks like you were host due to the extremely low aim assist and no bullet magnetism.

The fact that you guys are testing how to make yourself lag and discussing it on a public forum is just.... mind blowing.

I get angry when people eat my bullets and dont die, it ruins peoples expierence so I just put on torrents to see if something as simple as alot of activity on your conection would cause it. I want it fixed before matchmaking gets ranked, right now in customs I have the choice to not play with someone like that, but in matchmaking with ranks and quit penalties I wont.

I get angry when people eat my bullets and dont die, it ruins peoples expierence so I just put on torrents to see if something as simple as alot of activity on your conection would cause it. I want it fixed before matchmaking gets ranked, right now in customs I have the choice to not play with someone like that, but in matchmaking with ranks and quit penalties I wont.

Does a lot of activity on your network, especially if you have slow speeds to begin with, cause you to lag in Halo online? Yes. You don't need to test anything to confirm this we've known it for over a decade now. That isn't the point. The point is who (other than Mando) would be doing this intentionally? Why are you even talking about doing it intentionally? Some peoples internet cant handle multitasking. Some people's internet (Mando, Bobby Glitch) can't handle anything at all. For the rest of us with internet that can handle gaming we shouldn't be trying to find ways to be more like them. Unreal. 

Does a lot of activity on your network, especially if you have slow speeds to begin with, cause you to lag in Halo online? Yes. You don't need to test anything to confirm this we've known it for over a decade now. That isn't the point. The point is who (other than Mando) would be doing this intentionally? Why are you even talking about doing it intentionally? Some peoples internet cant handle multitasking. Some people's internet (Mando, Bobby Glitch) can't handle anything at all. For the rest of us with internet that can handle gaming we shouldn't be trying to find ways to be more like them. Unreal.

I think you need to slow it down a bit, lol. If the other people that are in the party are aware he's testing then who cares? If he's being up front about it on these forums then I imagine he'd do the same in game. Plus, scientifically speaking, this is important stuff to know. There's a lot of baseless speculation that shit connection = MCC bullet sponge/impossible to hit but I think its important to note that it works both ways (in this case anyways).

At the very least it's interesting to see the results of network testing.

Edit: On a side note, if people are doing this intentionally and in an environment where other people are NOT aware this is happening... then fuck them. Twice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We can do all the testing in the world, but at the end of the day we shouldn't have to do any testing. The game should work. Atm, it doesn't work because whoever is hosting is at a disadvantage. The better the host, the bigger the disadvantage for the host. At least that has been my experience. You take 4 players of equal skill and which ever team doesn't have the host on it, wins.

Threeshot im not trying to be like mando or bobby blitz I dont like playing with them and avoid it. I told the people ahead of time I may be lagging and to quit out if its real bad and I would fix it. I was wondering if the people that do it are doing it intentially and how easy it is was. Quit trying to make this into something its not me and Wargod obviously dont like bullet spounges and don't want to be one........I havent even watched any online tournament games since mando skipped and lagged his way to victory in that iron gaming one.

Threeshot im not trying to be like mando or bobby blitz I dont like playing with them and avoid it. I told the people ahead of time I may be lagging and to quit out if its real bad and I would fix it. I was wondering if the people that do it are doing it intentially and how easy it is was. Quit trying to make this into something its not me and Wargod obviously dont like bullet spounges and don't want to be one........I havent even watched any online tournament games since mando skipped and lagged his way to victory in that iron gaming one.

You'll excuse me if I thought a guy who got caught using glass walls and said "I used to glass for fun" had some less than pure motives.