Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

Made another donation to increase the prize pool. I have $100 left to donate to reach my goal which will probably be sent friday or on saturday the latest.

Props.

Now that the ASTRO H2A 2v2 is done this is are next focus, should have news/coverage soon on it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Working on getting some applebee's free dessert coupons as well as a few free Yoga lessons with T2 for 4th/5th place.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone streaming?

Lost round 1 to Carraway. 50-30 and 50-42. Damnit. We actually had game 2 really close at many points but it seemed like they got really good spawns every time. Oh well.

I tried to watch relyx's stream but it keeps freezing every couple of seconds : (

My stream settings are a bit higher than most other streamers (3000kbps and 60fps), so it's possible your PC/internet are right on the edge of not being able to watch it smoothly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My stream settings are a bit higher than most other streamers (3000kbps and 60fps), so it's possible your PC/internet are right on the edge of not being able to watch it smoothly.

Was tryin to watch it on the one. Could be the inet, at a friends- he gets 10down. For what it's worth I watched for a half hour before I couldn't take it anymore, sick gameplay-how'd you do in the tourney?

Matched round 1 against Mandonian and toxinnest, basically my first competitive Halo CE match ever after spending a lot of time recently gathering up spawn information and building on all the little tricks in the game. Got beaten badly but had a lot of fun and am excited about improving.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Matched round 1 against Mandonian and toxinnest, basically my first competitive Halo CE match ever after spending a lot of time recently gathering up spawn information and building on all the little tricks in the game. Got beaten badly but had a lot of fun and am excited about improving.

See, this is the mentality that everyone who plays FPS games should follow.  Most would just run away from CE and hide behind games like Halo 4 and H2A where they can actually get a kill or two due to the inferior skill curve lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm really loving this game every time I watch a tournament or match. I'm still a beginner so its amazing seeing all these grenades that throw weapons toward you and etc.. I can't wait til the next tournament so I can compete in it!

It's good to see so many people finally seeing why we all said nothing can compare to H1. I enjoy it more than any other competitive FPS. It's so unique.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Before all yall get too crazy about banning Mando from online H1 tournaments, let's first consider getting someone banned who isn't actually good and is ruining the competitive atmosphere for tourny play. He goes by bobby blitz. Never heard of him? Of course you haven't. He has no clue how to play Halo 1 on OG. But through the grace of 343i he can now skip around the battlefield of MCC H1 and ruin tournament games for whoever is unfortunate enough to be matched against him. Luckily last night Dr. Montage and I were able to beat him anyway, (took second place too!!!!) but for anyone around his own skill level they may not be so lucky. 

This kid being allowed to play in tournaments with money on the line is a farce. He is the only player I have encountered on MCC with this amount of lag, save for mando when he is playing through his phone. 

Dr. Montage and I ran games against the French players (Mat Logan and Magnus), ON THEIR HOST, and there wasn't half the amount of skipping as playing bobby blitz in the tournament last night. Playing customs with him is one thing. At least you have a choice whether or not you want to play such a joke of a game. But in tournaments there is no such choice. You can get matched up and knocked out of a tournament vs this kid if he is lagging hard enough. It's not right.                       BAN BOBBY BLITZ

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't stop laughing. It is good to see patch educating people.

Let us pray Mcc gets better with more patches.

Thank goodness players like myself make up for laggy players like Bobby Blitz.  I just hosted a 14 man game on halo 1 MCC with my 900 Mbps dl and 250 Mbps upload connection.  Players from Europe were even playing.  Everyone said the host was perfect and that my connection was the best they had ever seen.

Fiber optic.  

Don't live in a location that has fiber optic?  

Whore yourself out, do whatever you have to do to get to said location to get it!!!

Where's the dedication people?!? This isn't the OG xbox days when you were 10 years old playing on your parents xbox.... let's pull it together now.

People playing halo MCC using their phone?  Say wut?

/sarcasm

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank goodness players like myself make up for laggy players like Bobby Blitz.  I just hosted a 14 man game on halo 1 MCC with my 900 Mbps dl and 250 Mbps upload connection.  Players from Europe were even playing.  Everyone said the host was perfect and that my connection was the best they had ever seen.

Fiber optic.  

Don't live in a location that has fiber optic?  

Whore yourself out, do whatever you have to do to get to said location to get it!!!

Where's the dedication people?!? This isn't the OG xbox days when you were 10 years old playing on your parents xbox.... let's pull it together now.

People playing halo MCC using their phone?  Say wut?

/sarcasm

dang i need to stay in the game next time, id have really loved to experience that

a friend of me as a similar connection like you, also true fibre

its his personal line from the ISP, no shared stuff

he lives in london and can ping LA with like 25ms or so, its crazy

• Downvote (-1) 1

dang i need to stay in the game next time, id have really loved to experience that

a friend of me as a similar connection like you, also true fibre

its his personal line from the ISP, no shared stuff

he lives in london and can ping LA with like 25ms or so, its crazy

nah. the theoretical lowest possible ping from coast to coast in the u.s. is like 25ms. that's speed of light in a vacuum type stuff

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah. the theoretical lowest possible ping from coast to coast in the u.s. is like 25ms. that's speed of light in a vacuum type stuff

Chill baby Einstein