Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

Up close, camo's much easier to see on MCC. Far away, camo's completely impossible to see on MCC - you'd at least see a faint shadow moving on OG if you were zoomed in across HH.

I can agree with that, though seeing an up close camo in og was never really an issue. If they're close enough whatever boost you're getting in clarity isn't really a big deal, imo. it was their mistake for wandering too close to your line of sight

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's a great list that was put together by @@insidi0us

http://www.halobugs.com

TLDR;

-A shit ton of tiny details that impact the game on a massive scale.

-Much weaker rocket launcher.

-Camo can easily be detected thanks to 1080p.

-Spawn with 2 grenades instead of 4.

-The pistol doesn't shoot nearly as straight.

-Much more auto-aim.

-Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol don't freeze your enemy.

-The convenient plug-and-play feeling of LAN'ing is gone. (you have to be connected to XBL)

Nah I read the differences. I had the impression there were some differences not considered glitches that were bugging people I wouldn't find here. I really doubt 343 will fix this full list. Shame. Lol'd at the rocket launcher audio bug and the lip in the trench on heh. I only ever played the game casually between campaign sessions back in the day and even I noticed the second I heard the rocket/saw the trench that something wasn't right.

We're not playing the same game. I just go for camo all the time on MCC. I used to give priority to rocks over camo on BC but now it's the other way around. Camo has always been very powerful on dammy but it's just ridiculous on MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just based on the frequent tournament schedule, I most likely won't be able to attend beach LAN this year. Even if I did it would be on 0 Halo 1 practice and just for funsies - time for McDick to step up as Alternate-horseman

We've decided Spencer is a better representative of The People.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a way that we can agree that the old men can have their OG CE and the younger kids have MCC CE? of course the MCC kids need to learn that they will never be as skilled as OG but at least can we stop all this hate with two separate categories? For Example : OG CE Best 2v2 - donger & Kappa. MCC CE - Dickweed & jerry. Let's stop all the bickering and just go our separate ways?

I really don't understand how it's even a discussion.  I think everyone agrees that MCC is an inferior version of CE, and anyone that wants to be taken seriously should attend LANs.  I don't think it even needs to be stated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes. Split the smallest community of Halo players into halves Fucking brilliant.

If you think you are good at Halo 1 and have never played OG, you are wrong.

Is there a way that we can agree that the old men can have their OG CE and the younger kids have MCC CE? of course the MCC kids need to learn that they will never be as skilled as OG but at least can we stop all this hate with two separate categories? For Example : OG CE Best 2v2 - donger & Kappa. MCC CE - Dickweed & jerry. Let's stop all the bickering and just go our separate ways?

Well the goal is to make mcc as much like og as possible. I imagine us "old guys" will prob hang around and help out as long as 343 continues to work on it. The thing is even if they get this game fixed where most og players think its acceptable, that still doesnt stop the discussion of online vs lan which is a big problem as far as the mcc tournament goes. People that have either really good internet (which is not available to majority of us citizens) or really shitty internet (mando and bobby blitz) have a huge advantage which is really unfair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just based on the frequent tournament schedule, I most likely won't be able to attend beach LAN this year. Even if I did it would be on 0 Halo 1 practice and just for funsies - time for McDick to step up as Alternate-horseman

I would of guessed your protege nistic would of been the closest player to this title. Or are you going off the official halo 1 rankings?

The straw men are getting OWNED in this thread.

I like you, lol.

I'm proud we are having a huge H1 event. If it is a success as far as participation and viewership go, I hope we have many many more in the future. Ones at the beach lans AND online.

Just based on the frequent tournament schedule, I most likely won't be able to attend beach LAN this year.  Even if I did it would be on 0 Halo 1 practice and just for funsies - time for McDick to step up as Alternate-horseman

Unreal. Guess you can count me out too.

walshy winning the ffa at AGP2(i think it was 2) was still the biggest halo shock of all time for me. someone actually predicted it beforehand and just got completely flamed by everyone.

It was AGP3, where he and Biggy teamed with PS post clockwork and getting rid of luk.  AGP2 was his first major halo tournament where he went with some other guys from Grandville, MI (Biggy, Junebug, I forget the 4th).  I only remember because he was at a lan at one of the PS guy's house the just before AGP2.

This brings me to the MCC vs OG discussion.

I have been following playing competitive halo since just after AGP1.  Unfortunately for me, back in prime CE days my internet connection was too shitty play on XBC or gamespy clients.  My competitive halo was restricted to lans and tournys, with the occasional xbc game at a friends who had a decent connection.  Luckily there was a pretty solid-skilled player base in the area.  Then h2 came around and most either begrudgingly made the jump or quit playing.  Since then I have lanned OG a few times a year at family get together's with my brother and two cousins who are all decent players.  

However through the last dozen years or so lanning has been become more and more of a hassle.  First the dvd players went and discs got scratched, which was remedied by modding the boxes and turning them into halo machines.  Then the controllers started to go, and actually the last couple of years were forced to lan on 360s.

Sure there are all kinds of issues with MCC, that hopefully will be fixed, but to says things like "MCC doesn't hold a candle to OG" are being overly dramatic. 

Also the discussion of whether MCC players winning tournaments shouldn't think they are then good at OG.  I say who the fuck cares if Bill and Bob win an MCC tourney and now the Kardashian sister's thinks they are the king of Halo CE.  Who cares what other people think; know what you know.  Hell people who run into me online probably think I'm an MCC kid because they don't know me.  

What is interesting to me is that in competitive Halo's prime, the main event 4v4's, which places a ton of importance on pistol skill (see Gintron).  2v2 was always a side event, it has only become the main form of competitive halo since the major scene died with Halo 2.  4v4 and 2v2 play very differently as I know first hand as I transitioned to just 2v2 lans over the last decade.

There a lot of good things that MCC brings to the table that OG that people seem to be overlooking.  I can play my favorite game whenever I want, netcode is better than OG even it's current form, number of players is larger, people don't need an hour adjusting from bumper jumper because they can use that control scheme, xbl system so much better than xbc+voice chat program.  Many of the "issues" imo are really not that big of deal like slight map variations or weapon directions, learning new nade tricks doesn't change the real essence of the game and is not rocket science.

And now with MCC I guarantee the OG xbc scene will be at most 1/10th of its already small population. It seems to me silliness to cling on.  Also I have ran into a lot of people on this forum, who talk as if they hate MCC and are not going to play it, in MMC yet have a ton of playtime on it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyone wanna be my partner for this?

if I can't get my partner to play i'm down...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Made another donation to increase the prize pool. I have $100 left to donate to reach my goal which will probably be sent friday or on saturday the latest.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Made another donation to increase the prize pool. I have $100 left to donate to reach my goal which will probably be sent friday or on saturday the latest.

you're the GOAT

• Upvote (+1) 1

you're the GOAT

Haha thanks man. This tournament will be the GOAT of MCC. I wanted to increase it a bit more but drained my bank account this weekend down in atlantic city for my birthday. I made some dumb drunken bets. So I planned on waiting till this weekend to get the last $100 but it's been decided that it would be best to get the threads, graphics, and announcements up beforehand in order to allow signs ups and everything to run smoothly. I'm looking forward to seeing some great game play.

So I'm $100 short of the goal, but that's still $100 over what I originally had hoped for. Regardless, there still may or may not be some cool surprises coming as well :X

It's sorta relieving in a sense. It's not like I have this pressure on me to host something, but I've just been talking about a CE tournament for a while. It sucks I wasn't able to be an OG tournament on LAN, but it's as close as it'll get for now. Thanks to Beyond for hosting, Thanks to Clicked (and others?) who will most likely be running the round to round.

• Upvote (+1) 4

madddd respect teapot, I've been a lurker forever and ever since I saw your username I've seen you hyping this tourney up, it's so dope to see you're doing it finally. I'll definitely be playing. Hoping at least some of the big h1 names play and try to claim some type of territory.