Knighty Knight

Halo 1 2v2 Tournament Discussion

@@WARGOD It feels fine a majority of the time. It's way better than the headache you get from XBC.

I think it depends who/where you are.  I agree with the letter of what you say -it is decent probably >50% of the time and is miles better than XBC- but not necessarily the spirit.  A high percentage of my games have at least one opponent that I can't land shots on.  That kills the fun for me.  Halo 1 has always been the one game where I don't get that upset when I lose, because I respect what my opponent is doing.  But when I'm bouncing shots off of people in 40% of my games, I have a hard time not being cynical like WARGOD was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Arftacular Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. MCC not feeling the same as OG is upsetting, I understand it, but everything that we as a community can do for it, has been done and is continuing to be done. Whining about other people exceling is just childish.

@@Sn1pySn4p bxtch or pxssy ?

Only played Halo CE story as a 10 year old and just played multiplayer for the first time when MCC launched. But god damn, Halo 1's multiplayer is the best. I haven't touched the other Halos in weeks. Its amazing how something so old can still feel so fresh. Can't imagine what OG plays like.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some of you 'OG' guys just don't fucking get it.

No one is saying that whoever wins this 2v2 tournament (or any MCC CE tournament) is better than the H1 OG Xbox LAN guys. But to challenge the people who win these tournaments to a LAN that will never happen is so beyond stupid that I can't even comprehend WHY that would be a thing. They don't have anything to prove to you and you don't have anything to prove to them. Trying SO hard to stay relevant in a scene that doesn't include you (your choice), Patch, is so over-the-top pathetic that it blows my mind.

I'm not trying to stay relevant. If that was the case, I would just suck it up and play MCC. Please, reread what I said you fucking philistine. NO ONE has ever gave any creed to online tournaments. Knightyknight seems to think the winners get some kind of credibility. They don't. It's online. Online. Online.

All of the top players on MCC, save for Toxin and Snipy (oddly enough) have played a decent amount of H1 for the past 10 years. They just aren't very good, simply put. I could give a fuck less if I was relevant at an online game. No one, in the history of halos, has cared much about online warriors... except forum kids such as yourself.

And I didn't play H1 when it was an MLG game. But you think since I was absent from the game, the old school guys would automatically be better? Solid train of thought. Keep it up champ.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not trying to stay relevant. If that was the case, I would just suck it up and play MCC. Please, reread what I said you fucking philistine. NO ONE has ever gave any creed to online tournaments. Knightyknight seems to think the winners get some kind of credibility. They don't. It's online. Online. Online.

All of the top players on MCC, save for Toxin and Snipy (oddly enough) have played a decent amount of H1 for the past 10 years. They just aren't very good, simply put. I could give a fuck less if I was relevant at an online game. No one, in the history of halos, has cared much about online warriors... except forum kids such as yourself.

And I didn't play H1 when it was an MLG game. But you think since I was absent from the game, the old school guys would automatically be better? Solid train of thought. Keep it up champ.

giphy.gif

round 3's on you @

be49e_orig-boy_that_escalated_quickly.jp

I still dont get it. the one was when i was streaming in a game and using my connection, but the other one was when i left my box on by accident and had nothing on my connection running?

exactly, you will have the most constant ping when your connection isnt under load

the more you flood your connection the higher the ping and its jitter gets

thats what you can also see in the picture

but in your case its about flooding the router, the percentage of load you put on your connection shouldnt create such pings and jitter if you really have those 20 up effectively available

(or your wife might have watched some HD/UHD netflix content haha)

Arf, you're right. OG and MCC are indeed different. However, MCC was meant to be a replacement/upgrade of OG. The fact is that it does not function as that, at all.

While it's cool to finally play online, it's also just as frustrating for it to function nothing like the game it is supposed to be. Now I don't know if it was you who was mentioning this, but to suggest that we should acknowledge the "best" MCC players is to also leave out the fact that the game is jacked to hell, and that players with better internets will always have a massive advantage.

I highly doubt anyone (including your new bff Patch) plays H1 because they want to be recognized. However if I, a Halo CE player, am going to recognize anyone for being a good player, it won't be for what they do on MCC.

Speaking of MCC players, anyone know Bobby Blitz well? Would love to see him at BL4, to back up his smack.

Speaking of MCC players, anyone know Bobby Blitz well? Would love to see him at BL4, to back up his smack.

Bobby is awful. and most likely would not be allowed at BL4 lol. He is only somewhat decent at mcc because he lags around every game. Pretty sure he has never lanned before either. he was asking me some pretty dumb questions about lanning when I got back from legends.

Bobby is awful. and most likely would not be allowed at BL4 lol. He is only somewhat decent at mcc because he lags around every game. Pretty sure he has never lanned before either. he was asking me some pretty dumb questions about lanning when I got back from legends.

Snipy was asking me some pretty dumb questions about lanning while at Legend's.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Obviously you can't gauge skill based on shots, because someone's shots could just simply not be registering.  But to say that you can't gauge H1 skill from MCC at all just isn't true.  You can still tell if they're making good decisions, putting themselves in high percentage situations, spawning their teammates well, etc.  It just sucks that a crispy pistol vs a nerf gun will negate a lot of that when it comes to the score.

Im pretty sure the only point patch is trying to make as far as the mcc tourney goes is that the best players in mcc does not corrolate with the best players that come to og lans. He is only counting the players that play alot of both to be fair. So going off that info it looks like you are rewarding mediocre players with bad ass internet instead of the best halo 1 players. I mean if that is your goal then go for it......it just wont mean anything to the hardcore halo 1 players who wins it. Because online has never ment anything as far as skill goes thats why mlgs where and still are done on lan. Maybe in 15 years when everyone is on fiber to the house that will change who knows. But majority of people dont live in a big city where 40 down and 20 up net is aviaible and therefore are at a disadvantage before they ever start.

Im pretty sure the only point patch is trying to make as far as the mcc tourney goes is that the best players in mcc does not corrolate with the best players that come to og lans. He is only counting the players that play alot of both to be fair. So going off that info it looks like you are rewarding mediocre players with bad ass internet instead of the best halo 1 players. I mean if that is your goal then go for it......it just doesnt mean very much to the hardcore halo 1 players who will win. Because online has never ment anything as far as skill goes thats why mlgs where and still are done on lan. Maybe in 15 years when everyone is on fiber to the house that will change who knows. But majority of people dont live in a big city where 40 down and 20 up net is aviaible and therefore are at a disadvantage before they ever start.

But isn't this obvious?  Who is comparing an online MCC tournament to a LAN tournament?  I thought it went without saying that online tournaments are to be taken with a grain of salt.  Doesn't mean we can't have fun with an online tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Knighty sounded like he was arguing that the online winners are the players with the most skill and not the players with the best net to me. Which is probally why patch was calling him names lol. He was also telling patch he needed to play and win this tournament to prove hes the best which is ludacris.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Knighty sounded like he was arguing that the online winners are the players with the most skill and not the players with the best net to me. Which is probally why patch was calling him names lol. He was also telling patch he needed to play and win this tournament to prove hes the best which is ludacris.

Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Removed a few posts, chill out please guys. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We don't know who the best team is?

I don't. In a hypothetical situation where the money is good enough to attract the right people to prepare, I have no idea who would win. Won't ever happen though so who cares.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Arf, you're right. OG and MCC are indeed different. 

how different? I read on here that the shooting was supposed to be close to og. What exactly is different about the game now?

how different? I read on here that the shooting was supposed to be close to og. What exactly is different about the game now?

Personally, I think everyone is out of their minds. It is not the same to me, although it's tolerable. The issues with the game go far beyond shooting; the general "feel" of the game was not preserved at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently he doesn't think that : )

I don't. In a hypothetical situation where the money is good enough to attract the right people to prepare, I have no idea who would win. Won't ever happen though so who cares.

Never know dude, my friend showed me a video where some nerds raised $10,000 for some other nerd to come beat Ocarina of Time in like 25 minutes (live performance) for them.

Never know dude, my friend showed me a video where some nerds raised $10,000 for some other nerd to come beat Ocarina of Time in like 25 minutes (live performance) for them.

Ha, if I ever win a giant mega millions of powerball I will throw the largest halo ce tourney of all time. Would be funny to use MCC though.