Jawshe

My question to all of you

I still play Halo Reach BTB as it's the only fun Halo experience left. Every game is TU DMR start, population is decent & can usually find a match in less than a minute, teams don't get split or uneven starts, players are limited to one guest, shots register perfect, physics & graphics are great, and tank & wraith are amazing on Reach. Jetpack is annoying, but I have my ways of dealing with jetpackers. I've killed more jetpackers than anyone in the world:)

I've tried moving on to Destiny, but in the multiplayer everyone spawns with power weapons, so it's not much fun. I still have a glimmer of hope that this MCC update beta will solve a lot of issues and make MCC playable.

I don't have any faith in 343 as far as future Halo games go. With sprint, thruster pack, groundpound, and clamber in Halo 5...it seems like Halo 4 v2. They just don't seem to understand that these kind of gimmicks ruin the Halo experience that millions cherished in Halo 1-3.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I dont really play it anymore. Other than the occasional MCC attempt at getting a game and it being functional, Halo is off my xbox radar. I still dont understand why so many people dismiss the xbone that they bought for loads of money, without realising all the other quality games you can play. Sure it has a shit GUI, shitty party system, but that shouldnt stop you from playing games on it.

Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, Horizon 2, GTAV, Wolfenstein NO, AC: Black Flag, Shadow of Mordor, maybe even Advanced Warfare? Good games, guys! Halo is dead but my gaming habits sure arent.

Well, there's forge, customs, campaign, story. There's more to halo than the multiplayer for me, that's why I was fine with reach, which had great everything except for multiplayer, with the exception of invasion, infection, action sack and maybe btb. Those gametypes were fun IMO .

Honestly, I just can't enjoy games as much anymore.

There's not as much of a selection in the co-op anymore, and the co-op that we do have is mostly mindless and repetitive.

It could be that I'm just too far into the whole "play on the couch" mentality, but whatever. I play video games to play with friends. I burned myself out in playing alone when I beat Mass Effect 2 for the twentieth time (I counted. That's literally how many). And I had a good run in Halo 3 and Reach when I played in teams of 4.

Would you say that Halo shielded you from a lot of life experiences that most normal high school aged students do get to experience? Also, you state "This negated even the slightest urge to do anything stupid as a teenager." is it also fair to say that due to Halo you also negated a lot of productive activities as well?

I participated in varsity soccer and badminton in high school as well as other after school activities.  I did well enough in school to get my diploma so I wouldn't say that Halo ever hindered me from doing anything productive outside of the video game world.  It kept me from doing drugs, hanging out with the wrong people, and generally just staying out of trouble.  It only shielded my from the bad things, but I will say that I skipped some days of school here and there for Halo :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man, I was so wrong.

All it came down to was the Launch of MCC

If it succeeded, you would have been correct. We would have gotten what they promised, everybody would be reppin OG trilogy playlists and the holidays would have been chokablock-full of people playing the best halo's on dedi servers. More viewers + support for HCS, #weback, Halo fo dayzz.

But you were wrong. It failed, everybody quit the built, nobody gives a shit about competitive halo anymore. Nobody's playing (or attempting to play) MM because of how fucked the game is. People jump ship. People cry. #Haloisdad

November 11th was the day of reckoning, and we got the wrong side of the coin, thanks to 343

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still believe that MCC will eventually get fixed. I enjoy CE and H2C more than pretty much any other fps so to me the wait is worth it.

I also recently discovered JRPGs as a genre that I really enjoy, so I'm spending some of my gaming time with games like Lost Odyssey and classics like Chrono Trigger and FF VII. I'm also a huge fan of Starcraft so I recently got back into laddering it up in that game. It just sucks that I don't really have any nice games to play with my friends atm, so for the most part we try to que MCC. Sadly, that mainly leads to few games and most of them being frustrating for several reasons. We do have some nice conversations in the process though so I'm not even mad.

I have played Halo since 04 when I started of on the PC. I eventually saved up for an Xbox to play Halo 2 and then for a 360 to play it over XBL rather than XBC (credit cards weren't as common in Germany back then and they were mandatory for XBL on the original xbox). I played a shit ton till like mid 09 when I got sick of h3. I tried to come back for Reach but eventually couldn't stand playing it anymore and my enjoyment of h4 lasted for about 2 weeks. I have been offered the chance to play two of my favorite games of all time again, and two months of a broken game are simply not enough to kill my desire to play them. I'll wait till it's fixed. Halo has always been my favorite game to play with my group of friends and I kinda regret quitting it, despite the games becoming more and more shitty. We were never able to find another game that we enjoy playing together as much as Halo and now that I/we get a second chance of enjoying the Halo we love, I won't give up on it that easily.

Jesus mate. It's a video game

I believe some people have taken this the wrong way.

I haven't really played since the beta. I'm sort of just lurking and reading patch notes until MCC gets 2v2, fixes anti-aim, and can keep parties together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i don't. 

i use forge as a creative outlet in my spare time, but as far as logging on to play multiplayer or lining up at midnight to buy the next game and marathon the campaign goes, i'm done. i'm not a halo fan as long as it's being run by 343. 

It's a question even hardcore, lifelong fans struggle to find an answer to anymore. Because the sad truth is there isn't a good one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because i can still play that exact same i game i love no matter what they do to the newest game.

They havent come into my house, taken my halo discs, smashed my s controllers, taken my crts to the dump, burned my xboxes or ruined my diagram of how to make a crossover cable. Thats why this whole community just has me constantly shaking my head, Halo hasnt gone anywhere, maybe the people you played it with or the xbl service it ran on have gone but the game is still right there as functional as ever. If the people you played it with, the forums you posted on, and the time of you life you played it at is what made it fun for you then You dont like halo, you never have, stop kidding yourself. You can never get the exact same experience twice and you are foolish for putting it on another human being (343) to make that happen again because no matter what they cannot and therefore never will.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I haven't tried MCC since Dec 22nd, or whenever that last Dec patch was.

I will probably dislike Halo 5, so I'm just not gonna buy it. Like one guy said, he plays Halo bc every other FPS on console is shit, but what he left out is Halo is being turned into every other console FPS, and it's shit. Now, maybe he meant playing MCC, and I can agree with that, but I don't know if that is what he meant bc MCC is broken lol.

Unless I see a major overhaul of H5's gameplay, I don't see me ever buying it. I will admit when I first played it, I ignored that it was Halo, and it was fun. But after 2-3 nights of playing it, it became a chore to play. Sure its a beta, but its lifespan only lasted me a few days.

Really good, well thought out post props to you man.

I've been having the same thoughts lately of just walking away from halo/being done with gaming other than just hopping on once in awhile to play with buddies in games that actually work. I'm 18 years old but was introduced to halo 2 in 2006. I've been doing this for almost a decade now (9 years) I grew up playing halo but now I can't find the motivation to continue to support something that isn't what it used to be nor will it ever be again. Time to focus on college more and move on with life for me.

Great read , thanks!

Snip.

Sorry, clumsy finger neg. I'll give 2 positives asap.

Great story. Should post it on that hellish place that I avoid at all cost called waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm honestly done with Halo at this point. Until 343 gets their shit together I'm going to be grinding CS:GO. A game that isn't going through an identity crisis, a game that regularly gets updates that actually work like they are intended. Did I mention the learning curve and the skillgap? Yeah this is going to be a good grind. Maybe if Halo is back on its feet I'll come back, but until then. It's the CSGO grind.

Because i can still play that exact same i game i love no matter what they do to the newest game.

They havent come into my house, taken my halo discs, smashed my s controllers, taken my crts to the dump, burned my xboxes or ruined my diagram of how to make a crossover cable. Thats why this whole community just has me constantly shaking my head, Halo hasnt gone anywhere, maybe the people you played it with or the xbl service it ran on have gone but the game is still right there as functional as ever. If the people you played it with, the forums you posted on, and the time of you life you played it at is what made it fun for you then You dont like halo, you never have, stop kidding yourself. You can never get the exact same experience twice and you are foolish for putting it on another human being (343) to make that happen again because no matter what they cannot and therefore never will.

Honestly, I wish I could think like that. I find it hard to play CE, or Halo in general, mainly because there has been so many stupid changes that the brand has been tarnished, it is almost like a burden playing the game. Sure, CE is fun, but I don't think anyone here is asking for a CE copycat. We just want another magical experience, and that has not happened since arguable Halo 2. And who can you speak for? So if I played the game socially and loved the game for it, then I don't love Halo?

Why do i play Halo anymore? Since MCC has came out, i don't play. H3's MLG playlist is dead now and i dont have an X1.

Once and a while i'll play Reach's MLG playlist. I'll also play Murder Minders from time to time.

But now it's all about fighting games. Street Fighter>

There's enough rancid Halo CE Lanbro elitism leaking from this post to re-enact the Dagobah story.

Sorry, clumsy finger neg. I'll give 2 positives asap.

Great story. Should post it on that hellish place that I avoid at all cost called waypoint.

Thanks, no worries.

Waypoint? Hmm...I do have an account there.

• Upvote (+1) 1