RipShaDe 41

2TB External HDD 7200rpm - $100

I'm here to spread the word about a external hdd that you can buy for the xbox one. Its 7200 rpm and its also 2 TB.

I have been searching everywhere to get a new external drive for my xbox one and i was close to getting the turos that was listed in the kotaku articles based on the speed. http://kotaku.com/the-best-external-hard-drives-for-your-xbox-one-1586710559

The external drive that i found after searching and spec comparing is called the Fantom 2 TB 7200 RPM USB 3.0/2.0 External Hard Drive with 3-Year Warranty (GF3B2000UP)

The Fantom 2 TB comes with a 3 yr warranty and its fast. I wanted something that increased load times but also could store a lot. I think i found the perfect hdd for only $100.

I hope that i helped many of you that needed help and i dont think you can beat the price based on speed and hdd size. Thank you for reading.

Damn, the price difference between 500gb and 1TB and 2TB is barely anything, 

Might as well promote the 2TB HDD

• Upvote (+1) 1

There really isn't any price difference between HDDs any more. Heck, it even costs more to make 250GB hard drive than a 1TB hard drive.

What do you mean? I have seen 1TB that are way more expensive then a 2TB. I wouldnt even go for a 500gb even though they are cheaper just because it lacks a lot of space.

You also want a well ventilative, fast and large storage for a external. Well in my case it works out the best.

If I had $100 bucks I would be all over this. Hopefully my Seagate will last me another year or so and then I'll be buying a new external.

If I had $100 bucks I would be all over this. Hopefully my Seagate will last me another year or so and then I'll be buying a new external.

I know man, you cant beat this for the price. Its fast and has a lot of space which is hard to find for a decent price. =]

I'm pretty sure you could just get an external hard drive and plug it into your xbox... plenty of 1-2TB drives for $70-110 on newegg.

I'm pretty sure you could just get an external hard drive and plug it into your xbox... plenty of 1-2TB drives for $70-110 on newegg.

Trust me you can find cheap ones but not all of them will improve load times and not very many are 2TB that runs 7200rpm.

Trust me you can find cheap ones but not all of them will improve load times and not very many are 2TB that runs 7200rpm.

You're not going to get amazing load times with a mechanical driver anyways.

You're not going to get amazing load times with a mechanical driver anyways.

If the xbox one drive transfer rate is at 5400rpm and the fantom drive is at 7200rpm them im sure there will be a improvement of load times. I'm not looking to make a ridiculous increase in load times. I wanted something that will improve the load times of the standard drive and that has a lot of room.

Why comment if you just going to be a negative nancy.

If the xbox one drive transfer rate is at 5400rpm and the fantom drive is at 7200rpm them im sure there will be a improvement of load times. I'm not looking to make a ridiculous increase in load times. I wanted something that will improve the load times of the standard drive and that has a lot of room.

Why comment if you just going to be a negative nancy.

lol what?

Of course there is going to be improvement i.e., the bigger number is better. Still though, you're not going to see much better load times, you'd really only see a significant difference in something over 10,000 rpms or an SSD.

lol what?

Of course there is going to be improvement i.e., the bigger number is better. Still though, you're not going to see much better load times, you'd really only see a significant difference in something over 10,000 rpms or an SSD.

A HDD that is over 10,000rpm and that is more than 2TB is probably going to be more expensive. If you can show me one then that would be sweet.

A HDD that is over 10,000rpm and that is more than 2TB is probably going to be more expensive. If you can show me one then that would be sweet.

It's going to be expensive; expensive enough for you to just get a smaller external SSD.

It's going to be expensive; expensive enough for you to just get a smaller external SSD.

Well the whole reason im getting this external is for my xbox one. I'm not getting it for a pc or to backup important files. One reason why its seems good to me.

Idk i need room for games and the hdd that i bought (fantom) is faster than the internal drive. Thats good for me honestly