Joseph

TeamBeyond.net Halo 5 Community Poll Results

I voted for it because I know if they can keep thruster, then they might take out sprint. They won't remove both. I also thought that the numbers would be ignored if there wasn't at least one mechanic that was positive. I would remove thruster if it was up to me, but I hope they just nerf it. I didn't realize this was bad logic and I'd change my vote now if I could.

Also this

I really think thruster got voted because people voted during the honeymoon period - that crap is terrible after people start learning how to play the game.

I was actually hoping for a chance to debate with them, to prove wrong and talk some since into them. Not gonna happen anyway.

Lol.

343 never stays around here they make 1 post on here and basically never post again.

I think the Sprint one is probably the most unsurprising really, If you didn't like sprint before there was no way you were going to vote yes this time, even if it was balanced. 

I keep hearing people say that sprint needs to be balanced. But no one ever defined what metric would be used to determine if they have in fact balanced it.

Sprint at its core is primarily an escape mechanic. But if the goal of the shooter is to force an outcome rather than a stalemate due to escape, then sprint by nature makes the game unbalanced just by being present. So I need to ask, by what metric would you consider sprint balanced?

Interesting results, but remember: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection_bias

What I want to say about waypoint polls... but I am going to lay off the "integrity" aspect of 343.

I don't know why people have such a big problem with stabilisers. They have a tactical trade-off. They give you a better chance of finishing or getting a kill at the risk of leaving you more exposed. In some cases they can actually help you kill sprinters.

Yes, but...  oh, never mind...

I was actually hoping for a chance to debate with them, to prove wrong and talk some since into them. Not gonna happen anyway.

When Josh first replied to "why" sprint, I thought, Here we go, the long awaited debate begins.

Alas...

problem with this poll was that it was put up right when the beta started and everyone wanted to get in it without giving the game a week or so of playtime. my opinion on the game changed after i started playing people who knew what they were doing.

Yep. I said the exact same thing when I saw the poll was posted the day the beta started. I don't see the results for things like Sprint or Descope being very different but it would definitely have made the results of the poll much more valid. Especially in the eyes of 343i so they can't make this exact same excuse. Sorry but TeamBeyond fucked this up. 

I keep hearing people say that sprint needs to be balanced. But no one ever defined what metric would be used to determine if they have in fact balanced it.

Sprint at its core is primarily an escape mechanic. But if the goal of the shooter is to force an outcome rather than a stalemate due to escape, then sprint by nature makes the game unbalanced just by being present. So I need to ask, by what metric would you consider sprint balanced?

Honestly, I have zero effing clue, I'm not a game designer, I don't study game balance. 

With the thruster being how it is, we may as well bring back v7 evade, at least that was hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ground pound is the only thing that worked IMO, aside from ruining crouching. slide was useless, charge was clunky, stabilizers were stupidly mapped and the rest was unbalanced. 

Do you like the Announcer?

Yes: 353 Votes (41.33%)

No: 501 Votes (58.67%)

People who said that they liked the announcer. Why are you encouraging 343's decisons on that? If they go a step farther, every time we reload, he's going to yell "Reloading!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

People who said that they liked the announcer. Why are you encouraging 343's decisons on that? If they go a step farther, every time we reload, he's going to yell "Reloading!"

The poll itself didn't really let me say what I liked and disliked about it. 

The announcer and medals tie in too close together and I dislike and like them both equally. 

I'd like to see someone from 343 reply to this.

LOL 343i won't even come to this forum any more they are cowards. They tried coming to this forum but when we asked too in depth questions the fled.

See, that's the strange part. Based off one of Josh Holmes's posts, they seem to want to encourage skillful escapes rather than skillful outplays.

Yeah. It's bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL 343i won't even come to this forum any more they are cowards. They tried coming to this forum but when we asked too in depth questions the fled.

Ding ding ding! The last time a dev posted on here was the already famous "immersion" post. There was no hostile responses, just paragraphs that brought up good arguments and asked legitimate questions. He fled like the wind. There's no hope because they tune out anyone that doesn't agree with them and flock to the latest Greenskull and Ninja videos to make themselves feel better.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly, I have zero effing clue, I'm not a game designer, I don't study game balance.

Usually (okay, sometimes) I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, because doubt what this franchise is all about, but I can't help but think that this is exactly what they're saying to themselves over at 343, because you can't balance Sprint, and in a game as fragile as Halo there are bound to be major consequences for any change.

People are just getting use to modern shitty Halo.

If this game was released after Halo 3, the NOs would all be around 90%.

Why was there no "Do you feel immersed?" option at the end? @Saucey 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The majority of these votes were before we realized how terrible it is. I voted for thruster....I highly regret it now...

Surprised people like thruster that much, it's just as bad as sprint

quinn already said hes open to nerfing thruster. 

hes die hard over sprint for some stupid reason.

we must try 1000% harder to get rid of sprint than anything involving thruster

People are just getting use to modern shitty Halo.

If this game was released after Halo 3, the NOs would all be around 90%.

Why was there no "Do you feel immersed?" option at the end? @Saucey 

Because we are all immersed bro. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because we are all immersed bro.

Haven't you played Halo before? When you get even a little immersed in water, your Spartan commits suicide.

Immersion = dead Halo :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

With the thruster being how it is, we may as well bring back v7 evade, at least that was hilarious.

At least that was treated as a power up. I was honestly fine with it being a map pick up. 

Evade was dropped. It couldn't be nerfed whilst the base movement speed was high.

Honestly the H4 thruster was king as a map pickup imo.