Batchford

Projectile vs Hitscan Poll

Projectile vs Hitscan   

140 members have voted

1. 1. What type of registration do you like to see in Halo?

Fairly simple stuff here. Vote on what you prefer. I personally prefer Projectile in my games, as it actually takes a decent shot to hit a moving target, which increases the skill gap in a major way.

I also ask for you not to vote for Hitscan if you are basing your feelings off the Halo 3 BR. Base it off games where it actually is efficient that you have played, like Halo CE or the Battlefield series.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Projectile, I just prefer the way the game feels and plays when projectiles are used over hitscan, makes it so that longer range kills are harder to pull off without hampering the player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hitscan for halo cause people have pleb internet on consoles

Overall I like both, depends on the game

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It all depends on the netcode. For me it would be Projectile on LAN and Hitscan for online. If the netcode is solid Projectile all the way.

^

Projectile is too random

halo 1 projectile not halo 3's with random bullet spread. Still think it's too random?

• Upvote (+1) 3

LAN: Projectile

Online: Hitscan

In a perfect world with everyone having god tier connection, projectile would be ideal. But until that happens, I prefer hitscan since I mainly play online.

• Upvote (+1) 3

LAN: Projectile

Online: Hitscan

In a perfect world with everyone having god tier connection, projectile would be ideal. But until that happens, I prefer hitscan since I mainly play online.

^

Dito

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hitscan. With MS/343 we're never going to get perfect connections/dedis, it's just gonna be a shitfest with projectiles. 

Halo 1 projectiles work just fine with just a decent connection in MCC.

Fair enough.. I guess we'll see what happens. Either way I like both. Just the spread on the BR in H3 was painful

Well, this is situational.  In Halo 1 I liked the projectile bullets because the magnum was a 1 shot weapon, but I don't like projectile with BR or any burst weapon for that matter.  You already have to follow your opponent to hit them with all 3 bullets and I think the addition of projectile bullets is unnecessary, because it increases the kill time, which is something that we don't need with the BR, and because player skill could be applied to things that would inevitably be less random online and on lan, like less bullet magnetism.

Projectiles obviously take more skill, but they cause too many problems online and I think it is best they be left out of the game in favor of something that would still take more skill but make things less random

Projectiles in Halo and Projectiles in a game like battlefield are two different things, because of the variety of ranges and weapons available to use. Some weapons have faster projectiles, some have slower projectiles, some fire faster, some have longer range.  Also, the automatic weapons reduce a bit of the randomness with projectiles, and Halo does not have that luxury (unless we're talking about ARs and SMGs, but I don't think anyone is too worried about hitscan/projectile on those weapons)

^

Projectile is too random

Only if its coded to be random. You can have projectile that doesn't have a random spread, and in that setting, Projectile > Hitscan

Unless we have teleporting internet data with ping time at 10ms across the world, I trust hitscan more.

In a perfect environment projectile is more skillful, but because most Halo players have poverty internet connections hitscan is a necessary evil.