Lotus Storm

Survey Results show what players would like to spawn with in Halo 5

In your opinion, which weapon set should you spawn with during Arena Team Slayer in Halo 5: Guardians?

AR/Pistol [96] 32%

Br/Pistol [79] 26%

What is your favorite weapon in the Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer Beta?

BR [126] 41%

Pistol [22] 7%

AR [17] 6%

If any, which weapons do you think need to be balanced appropriately?

AR [168] 55%

BR [57] 19%

Pistol [57] 19%

Someone plz explain this logic to me....plz. Yall enjoy the BR more, believe the AR should be nerfed....but we should start with AR/Pistol over the BR/Pistol...

tumblr_ml26saFV2i1qfrkf9o8_250.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ar needs a range nerf and headshot bonus removed (same with SMG).

Pistol needs better scope, longer range, less recoil, more aim assist and 5sk.

BR needs to be the starting weapon.

Won't play it without BR starts. No way.

It's a learning experience for all of us, I think. I'll be publishing the individual responses later on for further examination.

304 is a very small amount, but I am thankful to have even had more than 40 people take the time to fill out the survey. I give thanks to all of my respondents :)

EDIT: Individual responses here.

Someone plz explain this logic to me....plz. Yall enjoy the BR more, believe the AR should be nerfed....but we should start with AR/Pistol over the BR/Pistol...

Unfortunately, the players who voted that way are probably of the opinion that when they pick up a BR that they should have an advantage over their opposition. There are A LOT of players who loved SMG and AR starts in Halo 2 and 3 respectively, it's horrible game design in my opinion, but there are plenty of people who liked it.

"Which Halo game, in your opinion, has the best overall CORE multiplayer experience?"

Halo 3: 47%

Halo 2: 25%

both overall: 72%

outch!

no wonder Halo is going downhill, the more 343i starts to listen to the community the faster the brand will become irrelevant, i mean 72% of the Halo Community is chasing the wrong Halo ideals and 343i is listening to those :S

how on earth can you regard Halo 3, the worst Halo Multiplayer of all time, as the best multiplayer core experience?!

it was buggy, the look-mechanic was dire and inprecise, the killtimes were crazy high, the BR was made for <10m ranges, the slow turnspeed and movement velocity was only rivaled by Gears, grenades had the penetrating power of a waterbomb, i mean lets be honest, this game was bad in terms of multiplayer

the only reason it was successfull is that there was like 0 competition on the online-shooter market

in the meantime Halo CE received 10% in the survey

good job, i think im no longer the target group of the Halo Series

but somehow i already knew this by the launch of Halo 2...

rant is over :S

H1 is awesome. H2 was awesome, one of my favorites. I mostly got to play H3 online once I moved out and was able to get highspeed. I cant compare the three equally, because MCC is the first chance I've had to play H1 multiplayer (other than playing against my little bro back in the day), H2 I caught some of the action before they shut the servers down. I gotta say I liked Halo 3's multiplayer a lot. Idk why you're saying it was terrible. MLG in H3 was great. H2 hardcore was/is great. I really enjoy the BR more than the 3s pistol. Just my opinion. (though like I said, I didn't invest much time at all in CE's multiplayer living in the country and all) I like the CE playlist on MCC, when the games are evenly matched. (never happens in MCC)

I gotta say I liked Halo 3's multiplayer a lot. Idk why you're saying it was terrible.

see my comment:

it was buggy, the look-mechanic was dire and inprecise, the killtimes were crazy high, the BR was made for <10m ranges, the slow turnspeed and movement velocity was only rivaled by Gears, grenades had the penetrating power of a waterbomb, i mean lets be honest, this game was bad in terms of multiplayer

the only reason it was successfull is that there was like 0 competition on the online-shooter market

i guess i was just spoiled by Halo CE, the Halo 2 or Halo 3 multiplayer might be ok or even good, but when comparing those to CE it just hurts to see what 72% of the Halo Community regard as the "Best Core Multiplayer"

and seeing how that vocal community will now help to make Halo 5 even worse is just sad

i mean look at what those people do demand in that survey

this is not Halo, at least not what Halos origin is about

but that origin has already been successfully dropped by Bungie with their second Halo entry, so how can i blame 343i to do the same...

• Upvote (+1) 1

In your opinion, which weapon set should you spawn with during Arena Team Slayer in Halo 5: Guardians?

AR/Pistol [96] 32%

Br/Pistol [79] 26%

What is your favorite weapon in the Halo 5: Guardians Arena Multiplayer Beta?

BR [126] 41%

Pistol [22] 7%

AR [17] 6%

If any, which weapons do you think need to be balanced appropriately?

AR [168] 55%

BR [57] 19%

Pistol [57] 19%

tumblr_ml26saFV2i1qfrkf9o8_250.gif

Because there is also a rather high percentage who voted for a BR/AR combo. Learn to read statistics correctly it ain't that hard.

Honestly, a range/accuracy buff to the Pistol would make it golden, and noobs wouldn't complain about BRs. Plus single-shot > burst-fire, and Pistol has a higher skill-gap right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

In order for this to matter people would have to care about H5 to vote

ya i didn't bother because i don't think our feedback matters. every balance issue in the beta were stuff they could find and tweak after a week of internal testing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, a range/accuracy buff to the Pistol would make it golden, and noobs wouldn't complain about BRs. Plus single-shot > burst-fire, and Pistol has a higher skill-gap right now. 

I definitely enjoyed the fact that the Pistol could basically demolish anything at close range. Wasn't always a fan of the recoil though, that's the only thing...

Unpopular opinion:

I hated BR starts in H5.  Part of it coincided with how awful Regret and Eden were, but...  After spending the first week testing out the movement options, it felt like the BR just completely negated any reason to move.

I watched a Bronze/Silver game on Truth where people literally weren't moving from bases / towers.  Like... BRONZE kids weren't pushing.  If a game turns THAT stalematey, especially on a map that's supposed to be a Midship rework, there's a problem.

Not unpopular. I also didn't enjoy BR starts in this game. The game feels very long range with BR starts and I just found the 2nd week very slow and boring in comparison to the first week. Coulda been the maps too, as I didn't like both at all in comparison to Truth/Empire with AR starts. Even the BR starts nostalgia factor wasn't doing it for me sadly. Could just be leftover salt from Halo 4:P

-7 for Audley and nothing for LJO. 

Who was the guy that said VIPs weren't unfairly favored...? (No offense to LJO though)

• Upvote (+1) 1

-7 for Audley and nothing for LJO. 

Who was the guy that said VIPs weren't unfairly favored...? (No offense to LJO though)

Eh, it's fine.  I've made a post where I openly insulted people on this site and got upvoted for it.  Take the good with the bad.

Well, what do ya know. 238 out of 304 people played CE on it's original console.

Seems legit.

Not hard to believe. They could just mean the campaign. Everybody and their grandmothers played CE's campaign on the OG Xbox

I'm salty that they didn't ask any questions about sprint, thruster pack, and the "grab ledge" thing.

I'm sure they did that because removing those things would mean a total overhaul in scaling for the maps. Aka all their work wasted.

And they should of asked if we prefer the "3 shot kill breakout BR" as the standard in all playlist. I think that was the only way to punish people realistically without them getting away

I'm salty that they didn't ask any questions about sprint, thruster pack, and the "grab ledge" thing.

I'm sure they did that because removing those things would mean a total overhaul in scaling for the maps. Aka all their work wasted.

You do realize it's not an official survey, right?

343 defence force when arguing for loadouts during H4: "Loadouts are good for Halo. Now we can start with a BR instead of having to walk around for no reason just to find one."

343 defense force in favour of AR starts in H5: "BR starts kill Halo. AR starts promote map movement because you have to find your BR on the map."

Not unpopular. I also didn't enjoy BR starts in this game. The game feels very long range with BR starts and I just found the 2nd week very slow and boring in comparison to the first week. Coulda been the maps too, as I didn't like both at all in comparison to Truth/Empire with AR starts. Even the BR starts nostalgia factor wasn't doing it for me sadly. Could just be leftover salt from Halo 4:P

Accidental neg. Not sure why the voting system is so final.

Anyway I happen to agree with BR starts being bad in H5. Sadly I think that rockets/sword etc on the map with no rifle pickups is about the best H5 could be in MM.

To leave the camping spot and push for a power up or weapon it would have to be strong enough to get at least 2-3 kills guaranteed, since you will take losses when the team comes out from cover.

Of course this is just team slayer. Objective is still bad in H5 but not even close to the horror that is team slayer.

Yeah I mean you do realize tho a good portion of FPS players these days search alone, or sometimes no one is on, and if you're an AR fan and say 40% of people want AR starts in Halo, your already at a disadvantage most games. I know AR is the less popular starting scenario, but kind of a dick move to just write off 40% of the fans opinions or what makes Halo fun for them. 

Most fans of halo or any other game don't have a clue about what makes good game balance or gameplay. The game should be all BR starts no matter what the fans say. Because that is what is the most balanced.

Eh, it's fine. I've made a post where I openly insulted people on this site and got upvoted for it. Take the good with the bad.

I just don't get why you got any neg at all. You were primarily just sharing an observation. It wasn't like you were saying do away with the br or bring back sprint.

While I appreciate the time and effort that was put into making this survey, I don't think it's results can be taken too seriously since there was only a total of 304 responses. 304 votes is such an incredibly small portion of the Halo community it's hard to actually analyze the data in any sort of successful manner when it comes to what the majority of Halo players actually want.  

I see this sentiment on the internet all the time and it is complete nonsense. Not to go full nerd on you guys, but in statistics, there are two kinds of errors, systemic error and random error. The one you (and everybody else) refer to is random error. When you increase the number of participants, you obvously reduce the likelihood that the people who filled out the survey just happened to randomly  all be MLG-kids or super casuals.

This of course means that the more participants, the better, but even people conducting actual (paid) research often use groups smaller than the 304 we have here.

This is because at over 300 participants, the likelihood of getting a result that is significantly skewed by the draw being random is next to zero.

On the other hand, systemic error, while much more important, is more often disregarded, and is most certainly the case here.(and is in fact the case for more or less ALL internet surveys)

Since the survey was posted on waypoint and reddit which is infested with people who probably struggle to reach double digit kills on a good day and have next to zero understand of game mechanics, you have the results biased towards garbage like ar/pistol starts. The opposite case for these forums, as most people here can actually sort of play halo at a decent level. What this means is that all this survey really tells us is how the distribution of bad halo players compared to good ones was, not what people actually want to play.

And the bias remains no matter if 10 or 10000 people fill out the survey because the pool from which the people were drawn was badly selected.

343 defence force when arguing for loadouts during H4: "Loadouts are good for Halo. Now we can start with a BR instead of having to walk around for no reason just to find one."

343 defense force in favour of AR starts in H5: "BR starts kill Halo. AR starts promote map movement because you have to find your BR on the map."

That first argument is actual sound in my opinion when speaking in the context of non tryhard play. I would much rather start with a precision rifle than a garbage AR and have to deal with the noobs getting their jetpacks and promethean vision, because I'm still not as useless as I was when I had to play Team Slayer on Guardian and the only br on the whole map was taken.

The second argument is obviously bullshit, but you have to realize most of the people saying nonsense like that are actually tryhards in disguise. They dont want "map movement", they just want to play AR starts because that is the only way they will ever earn any kills against people even worse than them once they can grab a rifle.