Sign in to follow this  
Scarecrow

Ninja's Halo 5 Beta Thoughts

So, instead of just be angry and unreasonable it be better to be constructive and try to be helpful. Or you can do what I am going to do and not buy the game. 

Because its not just the actual mechanic of sprinting that is wrong for Halo, it is everything else it changes about the game. No matter how you nerf sprint, the other aspects of the game will still be screwed. The only way I see Halo surviving is if by some strange circumstance it actually retains new players who enjoy all the new features. I doubt this will happen, bc as you get better and play against better players, using the new features in the game only gets you killed, and this introduces frustation. H2 and 3 online were stressful in a good way, especially in those tight matches getting your adrenaline pumping, but H5 will just become infuriating to play once a certain skill level is achieved.

And at this point in time I am not buying Halo 5, not for campaign, and sure as hell not for MP. I could only muster 17 hours of the beta over 3 weeks, and I tripled the time played of the next highest H5 beta time of my group of gaming friends. One guy only got through a game before he never looked back. Most everyone else played about 3 hours and that was it.

Because I enjoy discussing game balance and Halo is a perfect microcosm of the good and the bad, and it also happens to be a series that contains the game I loved the most.

Sounds like you have a lot of trouble letting go.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Why are you still posting on a Halo forum if you haven't liked Halo in 11 years?

Sounds like he still likes halo CE, so that's probably why he's still posting on a halo forum.

That is the sole reason why I am done with this franchise. Name another franchise that keeps changing it's mechanics around because it feels like it every game. I can't, but maybe I am just naive.

Fighting games (outside Smash Bros.) like Mortal Kombat kept having this weird shit added and random things taken away after MK2. But that's a tangent not worth getting into a heated debate over lol...

Sounds like he still likes halo CE, so that's probably why he's still posting on a halo forum.

If I liked the 1st game of a series and hated every single one afterwards I doubt I would still care about said series.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

If I liked the 1st game of a series and hated every single one afterwards I doubt I would still care about said series.

Good for you. Want a cookie?

Fighting games (outside Smash Bros.) like Mortal Kombat kept having this weird shit added and random things taken away after MK2. But that's a tangent not worth getting into a heated debate over lol...

Those changes are penny change compared to Halo's. If we are talking about MK's leap into 3D, that I would agree on. MK9 solely saved the series, and MK X looks fucking amazing.

Those changes are penny change compared to Halo's. If we are talking about MK's leap into 3D, that I would agree on. MK9 solely saved the series, and MK X looks fucking amazing.

MK X looks like one of the most brutal and gruesome games I have ever seen. The trailers are amazing and I am hoping for the best with that game. I haven't played MK since MK Trilogy on the N64.

This is fucking bullshit, the Pro's know the game is going is a sinking ship so they are jumping out on the cash out life boats...

Ninja is a heretic. :trash:  

Why would he comment on the UI when its a damn beta.  a beta should be about the GAMEPLAY.

Pro's ain't about the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are you still posting  on a Halo forum if you haven't liked Halo in 11 years?

why are you such a fuck boy? fuck boy...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE is easily the deepest game out of all of the Halo's. This however, would not be a problem, if Halo stuck to it's roots.

The problem Halo has, and always has had, is that each sequel is a different game mechanically from the last. If I look at CE and then H2, the only thing alike is the art style. Same from H2 to H3, maybe not as drastic mind you, but the BR is now projectile, Melees are now 2 hit kills, etc.

Halo just couldn't find out what it's purpose was. It went from an arena shooter in CE to a squad shooter in H3.

That is the sole reason why I am done with this franchise. Name another franchise that keeps changing it's mechanics around because it feels like it every game. I can't, but maybe I am just naive.

I feel you but 1-3 kept enough things the same to where they could all fit a certain label of game and play a certain way. Once we got to Reach the changes just got way too dramatic.

They could have just kept making these changes that affected the game more so on a surface level to appease the "Halo needs to evolve" people without totally ripping it to shreds like they did with the newer games.

You are the absolute worst persistent poster on these forums. Someone still caring enough about a franchise to join a forum because of 1 game that was from over a decade ago just helps prove how good halo 1 is and the lasting effect it's had on those fortunate enough to have started with it. For someone to continue to have even the smallest glimmer of hope for a franchise to return at least closer to its roots is almost inspiring.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You are the absolute worst persistent poster on these forums. Someone still caring enough about a franchise to join a forum because of 1 game that was from over a decade ago just helps prove how good halo 1 is and the lasting effect it's had on those fortunate enough to have started with it. For someone to continue to have even the smallest glimmer of hope for a franchise to return at least closer to its roots is almost inspiring.

Nah it still doesn't make sense to me.

CE is overrated anyway, it's only liked so much due to nostalgia. Sure it's campaign was great but its MP does not stand up in the present day.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Because its not just the actual mechanic of sprinting that is wrong for Halo, it is everything else it changes about the game. No matter how you nerf sprint, the other aspects of the game will still be screwed. The only way I see Halo surviving is if by some strange circumstance it actually retains new players who enjoy all the new features. I doubt this will happen, bc as you get better and play against better players, using the new features in the game only gets you killed, and this introduces frustation. H2 and 3 online were stressful in a good way, especially in those tight matches getting your adrenaline pumping, but H5 will just become infuriating to play once a certain skill level is achieved.

And at this point in time I am not buying Halo 5, not for campaign, and sure as hell not for MP. I could only muster 17 hours of the beta over 3 weeks, and I tripled the time played of the next highest H5 beta time of my group of gaming friends. One guy only got through a game before he never looked back. Most everyone else played about 3 hours and that was

I get your point and agree, but just because the game is no longer Halo doesn't mean it still cannot be a good game with the proper tweaks. I just think if you tweak it so the movement abilities don't have a purpose defensively it can still be a solid game. Not a Halo game but a solid game.

CE is overrated anyway, it's only liked so much due to nostalgia. Sure it's campaign was great but its MP does not stand up in the present day.

If that's true then every single halo game is a piece of shit since CE really is that much better than its successors.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If that's true then every single halo game is a piece of shit since CE really is that much better than its successors.

I'm afraid that's not how opinions work.

Personally I think H3 is better for a number of reasons that aren't limited to skill gap arguments.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Nah it still doesn't make sense to me.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just my opinion. No need to be so aggressive.

No, aggressive is you saying CE is overrated and that it's only liked due to nostalgia. That may be the most enraging post I've ever seen here. No it's liked so much because it's that fucking good.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1