Sign in to follow this  
Scarecrow

Ninja's Halo 5 Beta Thoughts

Should add to the op: this video is just for us, listing some of the things on his larger feedback emailed directly to 343.

Source: his stream earlier

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Love the ground-pound, thruster. Good players won't let people sprint or thrust away from them"

Can't really watch the video, I'm at work, but if he said that I'll have to agree with him...

A good player is going to put themselves in favorable positions to complete their kills, and naturally finish them quickly. Thruster won't play much of a factor...

Not saying I'm an outstanding player by any means but I finished plenty of kills before enemies could get away. And sure, a lot of enemies escaped too, but it was never as frustrating as some people here make it out to be.

You just cut your losses and move forward...

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 30

Id like the ability to directly email 343 my feedback

That's good Ninja is our voice of reason for Halo 5.

/sarcasm

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't really watch the video, I'm at work, but if he said that I'll have to agree with him...

A good player is going to put themselves in favorable positions to complete their kills, and naturally finish them quickly. Thruster won't play much of a factor...

Not saying I'm an outstanding player by any means but I finished plenty of kills before enemies could get away. And sure, a lot of enemies escaped too, but it was never as frustrating as some people here make it out to be.

You just cut your losses and move forward...

Have you played in evenly matched games (with good players) during the beta or watched streams of good players going at it? every game is like a match of Pit/Lockout TS. Good players know how to abuse sprint/thruster and all it does is make engagements and matches longer to finish. The shooting being more difficult than previous titles combined with these mechanics on these maps doesn't help either.. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sprint is "not crucial."

The pros do not know what's best for Halo. Ninja isn't the first pro I've seen make comments suggesting a lack of understanding regarding game design- ghost, ogre 2, Lethul, and Ryanoob have all said similar things.

I don't know why 343 making pro hires have people believing that halo will be saved. Even if these pros were high enough in the company to make decisions, I still think we would have a mediocre halo game to deal with.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have you played in evenly matched games (with good players) during the beta or watched streams of good players going at it? every game is like a match of Pit/Lockout TS. Good players know how to abuse sprint/thruster and all it does is make engagements and matches longer to finish. The shooting being more difficult than previous titles combined with these mechanics on these maps doesn't help either..

I've always enjoyed that passive style of play... stalemates and whatnot... particularly on those maps too. I find that kind of gameplay tense, tactical, and fun...

But that's just me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why must these big names in the community act so pussy in regards to being direct with 343? You did a whole stream for a day where you refused to sprint to show that the game didn't need it, while emphasizing throughout your gaming session that "it doesn't belong in halo, but if it has to be there you can live with it", what the fuck kinda logic is this? grow some balls. Now you make a blog about the beta and basically regurgitate the same thoughts on sprint.

Gee he only directly addressed that

If your feedback complains about sprint it goes straight in the recycle bin and doesn't get read

It wouldn't surprise me to find out 343 sent out a mass email to their high level beta testers stating directly that

Why waste keystrokes complaining about something that everyone knows isn't changing where there's other obvious problems that need addressing

I don't know why you kids are flaming him when he's just acting like an adult

It was painfully obvious from the tone of his voice that he hates sprint but he'd rather get SOMETHING fixed rather than get NOTHING fixed

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

As a fellow YouTuber that works with different companies, I would take everything that comes out of his mouth with a grain of salt. That's why I almost never make a video like this & just play the game. You either upset a company that can help you succeed in your business venture, or look like a piece of shit to the community & lose all credibility.

So, you guys are between a rock and hard place. This can be problematic.

Gee he only directly addressed that

If your feedback complains about sprint it goes straight in the recycle bin and doesn't get read

It wouldn't surprise me to find out 343 sent out a mass email to their high level beta testers stating directly that

Why waste keystrokes complaining about something that everyone knows isn't changing where there's other obvious problems that need addressing

I don't know why you kids are flaming him when he's just acting like an adult

It was painfully obvious from the tone of his voice that he hates sprint but he'd rather get SOMETHING fixed rather than get NOTHING fixed

Not the best strategy.

If the biggest problem doesnt get fixed then it doesn't matter how many small ones do.

• Upvote (+1) 5

He spent most of his time talking about UI in a beta..... A BETA, contained with UI issues that will clearly get fixed. IDK why anyone expected anything else

• Upvote (+1) 1