Sign in to follow this  
Scarecrow

Ninja's Halo 5 Beta Thoughts

You wont do it...... no balls

Wanna dance?.... I'll dance on your face  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I posted about this in the other thread already, but I'll state it again here...

Pathetic video. He has put so much time into the beta (Far more than I have), yet in his 10 minute video the only real gameplay issue he talks about is sprint, which he barely mentions and seems indifferent to it anyway.

He almost exclusively talks about the UI which is all just a placeholder anyway and then acts like he should be payed for his crappy advice.

I've put out more content than Ninja and I didn't even play much of the game and I wasn't able to play high level players (due to latency since most the games I played were US host...)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Against bad players it's just chaos and we steam roll them, but that's also boring. They did push out, many time, but just enough so that they could thrust back out. Point is that thrust and sprint meant they just hid all day. Both of the abilities suck. 

I had many games like this on Truth and Regret. Eden and Empire were just ass as far as the eye can see so let's not discuss them.

Would they actually HIDE hide, or were they posted up, defending a position, popping shots and backing down if they had the chance? Idk, maybe it's just because I find this sort of thing fun in Halo... I've always enjoyed Slayer games on Lockout/The Pit/Guardian because of how calculated the games played out. That was always fun to me... one wrong move and the other team would make you pay. It was almost like the opposing teams respected each other in a way.

Made the game intense IMO... so in those situations in the Beta where there was a firefight and either I, or enemies were thrusting away for cover, I felt like in order to achieve the kill, I'd have to get creative in someway, no matter if I was on the winning end of the 1v1 or not... and with some of the new abilities in Halo 5, I personally felt you had more ways of being creative than ever. Not trying to say every new ability was a fantastic addition to Halo because I really didn't like a couple of them at all...

I'm getting off of my train-of-thought a little bit but my point is, at the end of the day, you have to outsmart and outplay your opponent... this can be done in SO many ways, with all these tiny, little calculated decisions... and sometimes a bit of teamwork helps too, but a little bit of sprinting or thrusting away isn't really going to define a win or loss IMO. They're likely at a considerable range if they're doing that and getting away with it, so if you can bring the fight in a bit closer and do it in an intelligent way, that cuts way down on the success-rate of these "get-out-of-jail" mechanics. Even then, the weapons of Halo 5 generally have a ton of range too, so those times when an enemy can't quite make it to cover, you can punish them pretty easily...

Is it a little bit different of a game than past Halo's? A little... but for me, that's what makes it interesting, and I really like what some of these new movement options allow a player to do. Yes, some shouldn't be there in their current implementation, and some shouldn't even be there at all, but I don't think Thruster is all that game-breaking... a lot more positives to it than negatives IMO. I think they're a ton of fun and present a lot of competitive potential.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't really watch the video, I'm at work, but if he said that I'll have to agree with him...

A good player is going to put themselves in favorable positions to complete their kills, and naturally finish them quickly. Thruster won't play much of a factor...

Not saying I'm an outstanding player by any means but I finished plenty of kills before enemies could get away. And sure, a lot of enemies escaped too, but it was never as frustrating as some people here make it out to be.

You just cut your losses and move forward...

There is no chance you played the beta. If you did and seriously think that then...I don't know what to say to you. You can be RoyalBorgBoxBiteDownKetchupOla 2 and you're still not getting the kill if they thrust around a wall to safety.

Obviously they're so many variables to this but I'm referring to the kills when they're so far in the open that when you start to shoot them, there should be no chance they get away and they shouldn't, they're out of position. Ofc give them thruster and they stay alive almost every single time.

There is no chance you played the beta. If you did and seriously think that then...I don't know what to say to you. You can be RoyalBorgBoxBiteDownKetchupOla 2 and you're still not getting the kill if they thrust around a wall to safety.

Obviously they're so many variables to this but I'm referring to the kills when they're so far in the open that when you start to shoot them, there should be no chance they get away and they shouldn't, they're out of position. Ofc give them thruster and they stay alive almost every single time.

I most certainly did play the Beta... lol

The opponents way-out-of-position were usually like fish in a barrel if you got the first shot or two.

I'm surprised I didn't see a resume.doc in the description

So gandhi and now ninja...any other supposedly outspoken pros completely lose their sack trying to get an internship at 343?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ninja, 343 is not going to hire you.....

I know we have all seen it, but must I remind everyone to watch?

Please feel free to fast forward to 2:10 seconds in

I dont listen to you when you talk about Halo

330.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

So gandhi and now ninja...any other supposedly outspoken pros completely lose their sack trying to get an internship at 343?

Gandhi ended up being the lucky one, he ended up at Hi-rez a game studio who just had a 2.6 million dollar Smite world championship something Halo will never achieve under 343. Wouldn't even be surprised if Smite grows to be an even bigger hit and a bigger e-sport in 2015 because Hi-rez is doing all the right things as a developer and has the support of their community. SO to Tribes Ascend as well, may not be my fav Arena shooter or the best suited for e-sports but its definitely fun as fuck and still has a ridiculously high skill cap.

Big personalities in the Halo community playing it safe with feedback to save face. This is why we can't have nice things.

THANK YOU!

I'm still waiting for some pro to grow a sack. A handful of pro players posting youtube videos that rage about the trash that halo 5 is would have more of an effect than the thousands of us non-pros that play for the love of the game and not a check. Sad but true.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This community is filled with utter cowards

It is one thing for pro's such as ghost dersky neighbor, and strongside to keep their mouth shut as they are employed by 343 and are depending on them for a career, which is their livelihood (i dont hold any grudge against them)

But when the most watched pro for halo spends an entire video talking about UI in a BETA and never really discusses the gameplay that just pisses me off, I dunno maybe ninja has great ambitions to work for 343 but if he doesn't why in gods name wouldn't you speak up about these problems, he would actually probably get more viewers and be more respected if he did. But fuck it if the most popular pro wont even consider criticizing 343 then ultimately what hope do we have of been heard.

I mean if pro's like NINJA just give 343 a pass and say "good job" then why the fuck would 343 bother changing anything, why bother even making a video criticizing the beta if you weren't going to discuss the game play THAT'S A FUCKING WASTE OF TIME for him and anyone who sat and watched it, and grand you can  argue the UI in MCC was terrible but that was nowhere near the main problem with that game. 

I understand why ninja and other pro's aren't kicking up a fuss, as they are afraid 343 will stop the dev support and stop funding tournaments which will in turn hinder their chances of making gaming a profession but if they say nothing helpful which is what ninja has done then the gameplay will continue to suffer thus so will their ability to compete as no1 will watch this shit, ninja might be able to earn some kind of living through twitch but only him 

Ultimately im gonna take ogre 2's attitude and just stop caring as halo is going down the toilet and with competitive community which is essentially lead by the pro's and personalities too afraid to say anything negative and go in depth on the these issues then this shit is gonna sink faster than the titanic  

EDIT: Holy fuck i wanna know who the 550 who liked THE VIDEO are, like WHAT?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gandhi ended up being the lucky one, he ended up at Hi-rez a game studio who just had a 2.6 million dollar Smite world championship something Halo will never achieve under 343. Wouldn't even be surprised if Smite grows to be an even bigger hit and a bigger e-sport in 2015 because Hi-rez is doing all the right things as a developer and has the support of their community. SO to Tribes Ascend as well, may not be my fav Arena shooter or the best suited for e-sports but its definitely fun as fuck and still has a ridiculously high skill cap

Hi- rez is also makign an xbox 1 version thus giving it a greater audience, that and the fact that they are already hosting serious tournaments makes me think this is gonna be a huge success and will be the next giant of e-sports 

I understand why ninja and other pro's aren't kicking up a fuss, as they are afraid 343 will stop the dev support and stop funding tournaments which will in turn hinder their chances of making gaming a profession but if they say nothing helpful which is what ninja has done then the gameplay will continue to suffer thus so will their ability to compete as no1 will watch this shit, ninja might be able to earn some kind of living through twitch but only him 

This is exactly what I don't think the pros are really grasping. Sure maybe if they tear into halo 5 343 would consider no more dev support, but if this game isn't drastically altered it won't matter. People are not going to watch the garbage that is h5 in it's current state. It will probably get good viewers if they have another launch tourney and then go down the drain just like h4. Ninja, being one of the very few that could make a living just off twitch should be one of the pros to step up and tell them just how bad they are screwing this up.

Gandhi ended up being the lucky one, he ended up at Hi-rez a game studio who just had a 2.6 million dollar Smite world championship something Halo will never achieve under 343. Wouldn't even be surprised if Smite grows to be an even bigger hit and a bigger e-sport in 2015 because Hi-rez is doing all the right things as a developer and has the support of their community. SO to Tribes Ascend as well, may not be my fav Arena shooter or the best suited for e-sports but its definitely fun as fuck and still has a ridiculously high skill cap.

TreyArch has proved that no matter how low the skill gap of a game is, good competitive support goes a long way.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Oh how I love this video. I love how it exposes the true nature of these pros and how they have little to no credibility about what is good for halo. Every single one of them dropped halo 4 at some point in time. Ask them today how much they loved halo 4  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 5

TreyArch has proved that no matter how low the skill gap of a game is, good competitive support goes a long way.

Why Treyarch? BO2 was incredible... You mean lol infinity Ward, right? 

I think you misread my post. I meant TreyArch made playing CoD worthwhile because of their competitive support.

Holy fucking shit. I've never see that before.

How...

How the hell does a pro Halo player actually think like this? Like, does he not even understand the most fundamental aspects of first person shooters? For example, the fact that without power weapons on the map there is absolutely ZERO incentive to ever move since you can just call down weapons from the most powerful position on the map? Or that there's no contested weapons with known spawns which cause a deeper meta game of contesting and baiting weapons?

Like, FFS I could have told you this when I was a 14 year old kid running around with Assault Rifles on Blood Gulch and this guy was getting paid to play the fucking game and didn't even understand this?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Ninja sounds like the kind of player that has a great natural ability for aiming a BR, but would still lose a 1v1 15-0 against anyone with a braincell in Halo 1 since he can't understand the basic concepts of baiting your opponent, nading powerups, nading weapons, spawn trapping, movement prediction, etc.

EDIT - I go back and watch the rest and these pros are saying the game feels "smooth"...

In what fucking world does 30FPS feel smooth? Have any of these guys played ANY PC game in their lives? I mean, fuck, even The Sims or something shitty like that? Holy shit watching this makes me so fucking angry. Grow some balls you pussies.

I went to a Halo 4 event here in Sydney and I said exactly what I thought of the game and my concerns to the developer that was there (I think it was the creative director? Dan? I forget). I gave zero fucks because I actually give a shit about Halo. I wish I had more time to play the game and talk to him but it was a pretty big event with a lot of people, unfortunately I don't get the same access to the developers as these players.

EDIT 2 - Yes Heinz, you were completely defenseless when running the flag... Except for the whole part where you could drop the flag and 4 shot someone, or shoot them in the face with a shotgun, or blow them up with a rocket launcher... But ok then mate... Ok...

I have a hard time believing 343 wasn't paying for hookers and coke for these pros when they went back to their rooms. FFS.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If by incredible you mean incredibly average..then yes. What Treyarch did right was giving the competitive scene their full support.

Incredible? Really? Mildly acceptable would be my viewpoint on BO2.

The part where he says "I've been playing this game since i was 11, competing for 5 years and steaming for 4 years and i kinda know what i'm talking about"

Hes shown on many occasion that he doesn't

He tried to justify halo 4s bullshit so many times because he was desperate to keep his twitch viewers

• Upvote (+1) 8

The part where he says "I've been playing this game since i was 11, competing for 5 years and steaming for 4 years and i kinda know what i'm talking about"

Hes shown on many occasion that he doesn't

He tried to justify halo 4s bullshit so many times because he was desperate to keep his twitch viewers

Ninja is a H3/Reach kid...  

the whole "I've played for over a decade" is just the same crap anyone else tries to say in order to give the illusion of credibility.   

• Upvote (+1) 1