Sign in to follow this  
EUPenguin

EGL: Battle of Europe Discussion Thread

Vibe are your week 3 qualifiers, after taking down FaZe France in the finals 3-2.

Congratulations to Chalkie, Septic, BlackJack and Ramirez.

EUPenguin

You do a good job of updating this stuff glad to see someone so involved ashame there isn't more word that goes out when there is a tourney....general question when I a team "contends" I am assuming the can't play in the next tournament ?

EUPenguin

You do a good job of updating this stuff glad to see someone so involved ashame there isn't more word that goes out when there is a tourney....general question when I a team "contends" I am assuming the can't play in the next tournament ?

Your assumption is correct; when a team qualifies they are not permitted to compete in any of the other qualifiers. 

Looking forward to see that kid Fuzion play again. He's got raw skill but may lack strategic thinking.

No offence to Scott but he's definitely lost some of that skill over the years. He definitely used to have the best shot/skill EU but I think that has now gone to his teammate TuFoxy. 

I have made some updates to the teams as best I know, a lot of team changes took place today.

I'm not entirely sure what is happening to the FaZe France org, as in who is keeping it, but after losing to Vibe in the week 3 finals FaZe's org forced the team to drop Botinus, which they were not happy about. Somewhere in the misted of all this TaLic has ended up on TEC after Flameshy left for "personal reasons", and the original FaZe team have now picked up Hitaborg, a former teammate, and I believe they are now called Machine Gun Sheep.

Before all the team changes FaZe looked strongest to take the final qualifiers, but after all this it's a very tough call. My bet would be on Varsity but it's still too early to say, and there could well be some more team changes before the end of this week.

In a strange turn of events many top teams have now changed their line-ups. This is mostly due to one or two players being dropped after their team found out they do not hold a valid passport, which is required for you to be allowed to compete. Subsequently "The Walshy Effect" has taken place, and many teams have now changed their line-up. 

Today's tournament should be exciting, as there is no clear favourite for the win, and it will come down to whoever is playing best on the day. 

In my eyes, Varsity are favourites to win, with either DZS or Exertus facing them in the finals, depending on how the brackets play out. I am really looking forward to playing in and watching today's competition, and I hope you all do as well.

Once today is over I plan on doing a video with my predictions for the event. I can already tell you that I've ruled out Vibe and today's qualifiers. It's going to be between Epsilon and TCM.

That's sounds very confusing coming from an outsiders perspective......are the three teams that qualified still together...also when is the tourney and where can I find a bracket?

That's sounds very confusing coming from an outsiders perspective......are the three teams that qualified still together...also when is the tourney and where can I find a bracket?

Yes the top 3 teams are all still together. Sorry for confusing you, what I meant was some teams who are looking to qualify today have changed line ups due to players not possessing passports which are necessary. 

The brackets can be found here: http://egl.tv/tournament/4/bracket

Sorry about being so late with this post.

Dzs, the German team stopped the Varsity boys from making it an all UK final, and are the last qualifiers for the competition; well done to them!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry about being so late with this post.

Dzs, the German team stopped the Varsity boys from making it an all UK final, and are the last qualifiers for the competition; well done to them!

Too bad they cant go with Speed due to that passport shit. Hope they can represent my country in a good way still :D

How long does it take to get a passport for them? I know I can get a passport within a couple days here in the Netherlands :/

The tournament will feature a double elimination bracket, with all matches to be played best of five maps. Starting at 11:00am GMT on Sunday 22nd February, every match will be streamed exclusively on Twitch via twitch.tv/egltv, so be sure to follow the channel and @EGL on Twitter for updates on when we go live!

http://egl.tv/articles/view/24/hcs-battle-of-europe-event-information

I'm fortunate enough to have bagged one of the few spectator passes for the event so I probably won't be updating this thread much over the weekend but if you're interested in receiving updates follow the haloforumeu twitter: https://twitter.com/HaloForumEU