Sign in to follow this  
Dave_Easily

My Passion is Dwindling - An Open Letter to the Halo Community

The h5 beta talk show would be cool, but get chaostheory and/or cursed lemon to be the speaker(s) and just let em go at it for hours- don't cut them short. They will need more than one hour to get everything on the table.

Sorry bro but if they don't praise the changes 343 made that video will be ignored by them. :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 4

the problem with h5 and the problem with a bunch of games is

they push the game to be more mechanically like call of duty while alienating their own fanbase and garnering none of the CoD fanbase

MCC was their shot and i can tell you 100% of the people i know who had a box or who bought a box specifically for halo now have lost all interest in it, whether competitive or not the games esports merit doesn't matter if the game doesn't work, in the long term Microsofts one Ace in the hole first party franchise is dying and without a good fable or gears game in sight its up to forza to carry the xbox one and i just dont see it, even if people are willing to let the mechanics of teh game go they are so burnt over MCC just not working properly that h5 is a tough sell

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some sad posts.

I already came to terms with the Halo I grew up playing is gone. It is time to move on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still haven't really been hit with the reality of MCCs failure yet. It's honestly too hard to believe that something so good could end up so bad

I just want the MCC to work, even just to casually play the older games. I know we're not going to get working ranks but it's rediculous that when a small group of people are on we can't even find a fucking game. The MCC's population is probably below 10k right now and sadly it's going to be dead by Halo 5 since 343 is incompetent.

Sucks that there are people who are attached to a large corporation and think that complaining somehow makes them less of a Halo fan or something. How many franchises went downhill as badly as Halo other than maybe Spyro?

No, it is a bad game. 

i think its a bad "halo" game

its an average modern shooter, which means people who dont like halo wont buy it, and people who like halo will hate it

• Upvote (+1) 2

i think its a bad "halo" game

its an average modern shooter, which means people who dont like halo wont buy it, and people who like halo will hate it

I like other shooters besides Halo, including CoD -- at least Treyarchs iterations. Anyways, even from a non-Halo standpoint it is absolute garbage. Still wouldn't play it even if it were some new shooter without the title, "Halo".

This was a great post.  343 have stopped making the type of Halo game I like.  I struggled through Reach and 4 like almost everyone here and refuse to continue to struggle.  I won't support future releases.  To me Halo is the original trilogy, I think it's better thinking of it that way.  I'll just stay with the MCC in hopes it will be fixed but the intensity with which I used to play Halo is gone.  Never have I despised a company like 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I had an idea to try and get some of the players from the top 8 teams together and stream a “talkshow” reviewing the H5 beta.

Hey mate, I'd be interested in joining in this.

I know I'm a "nobody" to many people, however like you I've been involved in the Halo community since 2002. I've traveled interstate and internationally to play Halo competitively and like you, I've invested a lot of my own money into the Halo community and been involved in the background running large Halo tournaments (although unfortunately I have no where near as much capital as you were able to provide, fucking hell man!).

If they don't change much from the beta, I'm done.  Not gonna buy the game and I hope there's a large enough group of people who feel the same to make a big enough financial impact so that maybe 343 and MS will finally get it.  Not for us, but for the 6 and 7 year olds of today who might stumble across Halo 6 and 7. So that those bright shining stars won't have to suffer through Halo games similar to Reach, H4, and H5. So that those young leaders of tomorrow can know a true Halo game and feel the desire to compete against others to prove who is best, for money. No, not for us, as we are leaving Halo to move on to bigger and better ventures. 

Agreed, kind of ridiculous huh?  Its not like the players grew up and out of the game.  Some did, but there are still a lot of passionate players from H1-3 days that are still here and hoping things get better.  They are still here lingering.

I'm only months away from having my first child. I hope when my children are old enough they can enjoy Halo in the same way I did. I want them to see the game that had me sent overseas to represent my country (well, my parents country, haha).

Does anyone honestly see themselves taking their Xbox One out of the attic in 10 years to show their kids Halo 4 or Halo 5? Fuck no.

I feel the same as you. I love the series, and it's hard for me to just give up on it. Being a game I grew up with since I was what.. 12yrs old? It's a part of me and my life. It's like a brother. (in a sense) I keep getting my hopes up, listening to 343i's false promises, and get heartbroken time and time again. With Halo 4, I kept playing Halo 3, waiting and hoping they would do great on the next one. It was their first game, no problem, they screwed up. MCC was released and I lost all hope. This company is not going to revive Halo, just destroy it. I'm a die hard halo fan, and I've lost faith in ever getting a decent, not even good, just decent halo game back. Hopefully I'm wrong. Part of me has given up, but there's that stubborn part that says it'll be ok, 343 is going to make things right for us hardcore fans, that's been around for a long time. Who's to say, I want to get Halo: 5 even though I hate everything about it, just to see what they do, but I wont. I won't throw anymore money to a company that releases broken games and calls this crap Halo.

My idea of getting our voices heard was HCS events. Chants, posters, signs, everything. It will be seen and heard on stream. If 343 values the HCS like they say they do, they will get word, and I know the stream had over 10k viewers on sunday from the last event, along with over 96 teams. (I think) So HCS events is a great way to be heard, imo. MLG columbus 2012 I believe; the last event that they had for Halo, we made a showing! We were hyped, and loud I thought. We brought it because they threatened to take us off the circuit. But, despite such a great audience they dropped us. Maybe 343 will listen and we'll catch their attention.

I love this game, I feel like I would do almost anything to get the Halo franchise back on track.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No, it is a bad game. 

Well, I don't think it's a bad game but to call it Halo is nothing short of blasphemous.  It's a shit Halo game, it doesn't meet the standard and doesn't even come close to it.  Should it be a standalone title not called Halo and not taking the place of Halo, I would have no problem with it,  I wouldn't like it, but I would have no problem with it.  So, in its current state, I suppose you could call it a bad game and I couldn't disagree with you 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My idea of getting our voices heard was HCS events. Chants, posters, signs, everything. It will be seen and heard on stream. If 343 values the HCS like they say they do, they will get word, and I know the stream had over 10k viewers on sunday from the last event, along with over 96 teams. (I think) So HCS events is a great way to be heard, imo. MLG columbus 2012 I believe; the last event that they had for Halo, we made a showing! We were hyped, and loud I thought. We brought it because they threatened to take us off the circuit. But, despite such a great audience they dropped us. Maybe 343 will listen and we'll catch their attention.

I would love to see a crowd chanting "NO SPRINT, NO SPRINT, NO SPRINT!"

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would love to see a crowd chanting "NO SPRINT, NO SPRINT, NO SPRINT!"

I plan on trying at the G4G event. If it catches on it'd be cool. If it doesn't, well I get to look like an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 5

MCC didn't kill my Halo buzz, it killed my gaming Buzz. I rarely game anymore. Halo was the only game ALL my friends played, now they all play separate games or god forbid some lonely rpg.

I miss the Halo nights, the LANs and the 50-49 noscope victories.

Was all supposed to come back with MCC. Instead I can't even be bothered turning my PC or Xbox on.

Right there with you.

It's been a pretty emotional couple of years. Thanks Dave for everything you have done. 

The sad part for me is that any of my XBL friends or friends IRL in that matter never stuck out the journey like I did. I know some of you guys have had Halo BFFs but for me since Halo 2 everyone has come and gone sadly and I always seem like the last man standing.

MCC didn't kill my Halo buzz, it killed my gaming Buzz. I rarely game anymore. Halo was the only game ALL my friends played, now they all play separate games or god forbid some lonely rpg.

I miss the Halo nights, the LANs and the 50-49 noscope victories.

Was all supposed to come back with MCC. Instead I can't even be bothered turning my PC or Xbox on.

Reason I bought a motorcycle.

Find another passion mate. I'd love to come back to gaming, with the exception of the occasion RPG (ME, Dragon Age, Witcher, etc) I'm done with gaming. 

343 made me buy the Destiny expansion pack - and I cant even tell you what the expansion pack is

#SumsitUp

Yeah you fucked up lol Destiny isn't any better but at least the game works.

• Upvote (+1) 1