Sign in to follow this  
xboxdigger 94

Halo 5 needs same sprinting as the game Evolve.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I read the OP and I understand what he's getting at. I was surprised at the backlash on the first page.  This is a great idea.  I feel like you guys just read the thread title and started posting.  If Halo worked this way, I would like it better than OG Halo, and this is coming from someone thats been playing since 2002.  It would play the exact same.  It would just look cooler.  Everybody wins.  Chill the fuck out, and maybe try actually reading.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Theres nothing wrong with the idea, i just think its some kind of compromise. I mean, we shouldnt have any compromise with any form of sprint, even the aesthetic, because its simply unnecessary. Nobody had any complaints in ce, 2, or 3 about the chief always having his gun out, therefore it should have never been changed.

Theres nothing wrong with the idea, i just think its some kind of compromise. I mean, we shouldnt have any compromise with any form of sprint, even the aesthetic, because its simply unnecessary. Nobody had any complaints in ce, 2, or 3 about the chief always having his gun out, therefore it should have never been changed.

the complaint was that we moved slow. now that sprint is a mechanic in shooters that deliberately increases speed over the base movement, simply increasing the player speed isn't enough to supplement. people would still complain because it doesn't look like we're moving fast and it doesn't require another button to do it. 

then why even call it sprint

it's just an illusion of sprint, which makes the title of your thread misleading. 

Someone doesn't understand how to beon the winning side of "immersion"

No sprint in Halo is what needs to happen. They don't want to remove it then fine. I'll just remove myself from the game. Problem solved.

If they aren't going to take sprint out and you're not willing to play with sprint in it, do yourself a favour and NOT BUY THE GAME. You don't have to buy it just because it's called Halo.

Like taking it out in customs is a better alternative >_>

I hate sprint, and making it an automatic thing would just be too much of a disadvantage in its current state. Right now, if you sprint and find an enemy who isn't sprinting, you are 2 shots down in the fight before you can fire back. 

I will say it's a nice concept OP, but other aspects to sprint would have to be changed to make it more of an offensive ability.

In fact both sprint and thruster should be tweaked to be slightly more offensive and less defensive...

Should be able to shoot while you thruster, and its CD should reset if you take damage to prevent thrusting away unless you strategically save it. That small window after you thrust where you can't swap weapons, nade, or shoot is killer when using it offensively to surprise an enemy. If the enemy is good I'd find myself thinking I was making a surprise attack only to be one shot down when I was able to shoot. Sprint should be changed to instantly allow you to shoot (in the most likely scenario where sprint stays in the game). Also, it should be removed.