Sign in to follow this  
xboxdigger 94

Halo 5 needs same sprinting as the game Evolve.

Dont even try man. Not here, not anywhere.

Sprint does NOT belong here.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You guys didn't even look at the video or read what I wrote. It's just an illusion of sprint, like an animation. Download the beta and try it for yourself.

It plays like Halo 1-3, but looks like Halo 4 and Halo 5. It's exactly what we are all looking for, right?

Balance and immersion at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If something needs balancing because it completely alters gameplay it shouldn't be in the game full stop, especially when previous titles functioned so well without it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If something needs balancing because it completely alters gameplay it shouldn't be in the game full stop, especially when previous titles functioned so well without it

Could you please look at the post right above your post.

This is how sprint works in Evolve.

You move the anlog stick forward -> Speed 100%, after a few seconds you get the animation of sprint -> Speed 100% (as far as I can tell there is no difference in speed, maybe a little, but it's very hard to tell), -> You press RT to shoot, and your character shoots pretty much instantly. Rinse and repeat.

IT WORKS LIKE NO SPRINTING; JUST LOOK LIKE SPRINT.

• Upvote (+1) 4

then why even call it sprint

it's just an illusion of sprint, which makes the title of your thread misleading. 

Didn't I write what happened in the original thread? Maybe a little short, but still it explains exactly what happens(as well as in the imgur picture, in the video you can observe it, and a couple of posts).

I know, it's just an illusion of "sprint".

Take it we did this in Halo 5, with 115% base movement speed and 125% "sprinting" speed. You would "sprint" after lets say 3, seconds like in evolve.

* It looks like you sprint.

* You get a small increase in speed (Barely noticable).

* You can shoot pretty much shoot instantly.

It's more balanced and adds to immersion. Another reason they should do this is because Evolve is doing it. Hopefully someone else jumps on as well. Dragon age 3 didn't have sprint for example, and hopefully they can change the market to not see sprint as an necessary addition.

• Upvote (+1) 3

when ur "sprinting" the gun is down.

when u shoot, your speed is changed. 

That's not halo

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Instead of looking at other games saying halo needs this, how about they just make a good halo. Cos halo can be good ya know without taking shit from other games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, because copying other games has been helped Halo out in the long run, right?

Why can't we just get a good Halo game that doesn't rip from Call of Doots?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol at people negging this guy for trying to find solutions rather than whining all day about a mechanic that is never gonna be removed.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Lol at people negging this guy for trying to find solutions rather than whining all day about a mechanic that is never gonna be removed.

It's because it wouldn't solve anything, the guy running away still moves faster than the guy shooting.

Evolve Beta>H5 Beta though

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's because it wouldn't solve anything, the guy running away still moves faster than the guy shooting.

Whining about a mechanic that will never be removed doesn't solve anything either. At least this guy is trying, can't fault him for that.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

It's cool that you're trying to find a compromise and everything, but the problem with this idea is that it gets rid of what sprint fans actually like about sprint, and so it isn't any more of a solution than just simply not having sprint.

Part of the appeal of sprint for sprint fans is that it lowers the skill-gap through providing a get out of jail free card. It makes for a more relaxed game for a player who isn't interested in using skill to do well.

Also, it isn't activated with a button press, so it's different to most other modern FPS games, and 'different' is the exact opposite of what sprint fans are looking for in sprint; they literally want their games to play as similarly as possible to avoid that adjustment period.

So there's nothing maintained about what actually appeals about sprint. Funnily enough, this idea is more "immersive" than Halo's sprint because it is a natural progression of base speed (holding stick forward), as opposed to a new movement function that requieres a different button. Immersion really isn't what they like about sprint though, so they would no doubt make an excuse for why it was less immersive, instead of straight up saying they don't like how it's no longer a get out of jail free card.

There really is no better solution or compromise to just getting rid of sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd be fine with that. Most of these "Ryan McCaffrey-Guys" wouldn't even notice that it was purely cosmetical.
However, 343 is not going to do this.

I don't know why you guys would neg the OP for this (other than that this suggestion has been made before).

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've always thought that the 'illusion' of sprint, is a guy who puts his weapon down and sways it left and right while moving "ahem* faster ahem*"

so what you're saying is that someone whose moving forward(guns down), is moving at the same speed as a guy strafing left and right(guns up)?

Ya, the real the problem in halo 5 is the thruster pack, not sprint. 

Sprint's biggest problem is that it causes maps to be way out of proportion. 

I am all for the animation of "sprinting" and the slide feature to replace the sprint button. 

Fuck sprint for the love of god. Halo doesn't need any of that shit, not at all.

This is why people should read the OP and watch the video before posting.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is why people should read the OP and watch the video before posting.

Because you know i didnt do that, right? /s

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Because you know i didnt do that, right? /s

Based on your comment, I presumed that you hadn't. Adding a sprint animation when you're moving at base speed is not detrimental to the game in any way, as long as when you fire your weapon you come out of that animation instantly.

It's cool that you're trying to find a compromise and everything, but the problem with this idea is that it gets rid of what sprint fans actually like about sprint, and so it isn't any more of a solution than just simply not having sprint.

Part of the appeal of sprint for sprint fans is that it lowers the skill-gap through providing a get out of jail free card. It makes for a more relaxed game for a player who isn't interested in using skill to do well.

Also, it isn't activated with a button press, so it's different to most other modern FPS games, and 'different' is the exact opposite of what sprint fans are looking for in sprint; they literally want their games to play as similarly as possible to avoid that adjustment period.

Not sure where you got this from, all I've seen from people wanting sprint is that it gives the illusion of speed because they "don't like jogging", as weak an argument as that is I'd be happy with the compromise such as the one suggested in the OP- we get rid of sprint as a mechanic and fans of sprint still get the illusion of speed.

• Upvote (+1) 2