Gobias

Halo 5 CTF: Will There Be Flag Dropping?

Well smart scope is slow on the sniper and DMR and takes a huge part of your screen.

Also I wouldn't trust in the fact that flinch will be removed since 343 first said that no descope in Halo 4 was a glitch.

did they? Wow

343 are real shady huh

They can't possibly make anything worse than H4 CTF... right?

He basically said not being able to drop the flag is more competitive as in the previous model, the flag carrier could drop it, "randomly have rockets", kill someone, and proceed to run the flag.

Edit: he might not have said it's more competitive, but it was his explanation in defending it regardless

OH WHAT THE FUCK

• Upvote (+1) 5

Flagnum is... an abomination. For the love of God, the pros are there. They won't let them screw CTF up again, I know it.

I'm gonna be optimistic for once and trust that our beloved, traditional CTF will be in place. 

To be fair, they have sort of improved territories.

To bad the base gameplay that you use to play it is pure garbage...

I agree, strongholds is actually a lot of fun, much better than territories. Especially with a group of friends/decent team.

Actually I could be mistaken as to who it was--I just took OP's word for it. But I could have sworn it was on these forums and neither Josh or Kevin had accounts at the time

I don't know who would have said it besides Quinn (if he didn't, I apologize to him), though it sounds a bit like a Frankie comment. Regardless, I'm fairly certain Quinn was at least defending that argument at one point, but I don't think he actually believed it himself.  Sometimes when trying to defend on a larger front, any argument seems attractive, no matter how shallow.

- - -

I think if all spartan abilities were disabled while carrying the flag and you had to drop it in order to use the abilities, that would help.  There might be some way to thrust-crouch-skip and throw the flag farther, which could break flag routes, add a skill gap, or both.

Edit:

• Upvote (+1) 6

FUCKING HELL QUINN YOURE REALLY MAKING THIS HARD FOR ME

• Upvote (+1) 5

It really is like 343 just changes shit to be different from Bungie's "Halo" at this point. These guys really want must Halo players to hate them or something lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

FUCKING HELL QUINN YOURE REALLY MAKING THIS HARD FOR ME

Christ dude, look at the fucking date. I had shitty opinions too when I first started getting into competitive Halo. 

I'd imagine they'd either go for H2 style flag dropping or go completely in the other direction: no flag on screen, you move freely and have all your weapons.  Similar to older arena shooters.

But I think the first option is more likely.

I'd imagine they'd either go for H2 style flag dropping or go completely in the other direction: no flag on screen, you move freely and have all your weapons.  Similar to older arena shooters.

But I think the first option is more likely.

Halo CTF is much different because you move much slower, focusing on tactics and number advantages>speed. In UT CTF you have the fkn translocator for example that lets you teleport around the map, there really is no comparison in that regard.

Can someone explain to me why I see support of this guy sometimes? Even on here. I'll see comments like "I'm sure Quinn thinks differently", "Let's hear from Quinn first. He'll have a good opinion". Is there some past I don't know about this guy that gave him credit, because it almost seems like he's the brain child behind this change in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't know who would have said it besides Quinn (if he didn't, I apologize to him), though it sounds a bit like a Frankie comment. Regardless, I'm fairly certain Quinn was at least defending that argument at one point, but I don't think he actually believed it himself.  Sometimes when trying to defend on a larger front, any argument seems attractive, no matter how shallow.

- - -

I think if all spartan abilities were disabled while carrying the flag and you had to drop it in order to use the abilities, that would help.  There might be some way to thrust-crouch-skip and throw the flag farther, which could break flag routes, add a skill gap, or both.

Edit:

So remember when I said (multiple times) that Quinn was the only thing that would keep Halo 5 from completely shitting the bed?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can someone explain to me why I see support of this guy sometimes? Even on here. I'll see comments like "I'm sure Quinn thinks differently", "Let's hear from Quinn first. He'll have a good opinion". Is there some past I don't know about this guy that gave him credit, because it almost seems like he's the brain child behind this change in Halo.

The support has died down since he constantly defends sprint and etc. I suppose the hype around him was from his competitive past with Gears. But now I dont see too many defending him. Hell, even Gandhi is off his rocker these days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im rooting for the spartan being able to throw it like a javelin across the map, potentially leading to spartans getting impaled for the arrrgh medal. :kappa:

No, since the flag is now digitalized like the Index from Installation 04 was and is stored inside your neural implant, which would theoretically allow you to move and shoot normally.

However, the digital flag was compressed about as well as Titanfall on PC so smartlink is deleted to make space for the Flag in your memory.

Fret not, because every Spartan has slightly more powerful Pistol in his boot for times like this, but due to the lack of Smartlink, you will need to aim down sights to be even remotely accurate.

#immersion

The purpose of this thread was not to criticize Quinn, or any person for that matter, but rather the idea he defended, and to open a debate with 343. Of course, without their interaction, it inevitably turned into a troll fest. I probably shouldn't have expected them to discuss anything that might possibly indicate a preference for something in Halo 5 not yet revealed; they're probably saving some footage of flag juggling for a hype trailer or something. A mostly alive horse to beat, it should probably be left to bleed slowly in the dark depths of the forums, waiting for its owners to patch it up after a shaky race.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CTF is much different because you move much slower, focusing on tactics and number advantages>speed. In UT CTF you have the fkn translocator for example that lets you teleport around the map, there really is no comparison in that regard.

this is months old but I haven't visited the site for a while.

Reading over my post I think it's pretty clear I wasn't saying that Halo was as fast as UT, but that the mechanics of a flag not hindering movement or lethality are similar to how that works in UT CTF. 

Since flag-juggling is basically a primitive form of sprint, it would make sense to allow full movement, since you could sprint with the flag and thus unify those two mechanics.  (I am half-joking, you could do a lot with a hands-free flag that modifies the player's sprint behavior)