Sign in to follow this  
Vetoed

Potential Halo 5 Skill Rating Exploit

Kind of shocked to see this. There should just be social playlists like Vetoed said and then there is no need to try and cater to unskilled players searching with skilled ones.

It probably won't be fixed.

He says it is known and by design? It's as if they don't have 10+ years of data to use. I agree it won't be fixed. I've lost the ability to be hopeful with 343 behind the wheel.

The system could work, it has worked well in some PC communities.  The difference is those games police the hell out of their community compared to consoles.  343 did the opposite in H4; essentially promoted the behavior by slapping the general "we'll keep on an eye out for cheaters", then repeatedly turned the other cheek and celebrated the exploiters in each of their contests.

I am very interested to know why Menke, etc. just completely ignored the biggest functional problem of the last couple rank systems.  Unless they surprise me and actually have someone review leaderboards regularly, it's going to be an train wreck like the Arena or Top 200.

They would almost be better off going back to the H3 system- sure the value of 50's were deluded, but at least you weren't repeated screwed over by actually playing the game.  It'll be back to the days of the Arena where I'd just go play something else when the boosters were searching in full force.

On the bright side, at least we can now use the second biggest problem with the MM system and back out pre-game against iron boosters.  Two wrongs =/= something or whatever. 

The system could work, it has worked well in some PC communities.  The difference is those games police the hell out of their community compared to consoles.  343 did the opposite in H4; essentially promoted the behavior by slapping the general "we'll keep on an eye out for cheaters", then repeatedly turned the other cheek and celebrated the exploiters in each of their contests.

I am very interested to know why Menke, etc. just completely ignored the biggest functional problem of the last couple rank systems.  Unless they surprise me and actually have someone review leaderboards regularly, it's going to be an train wreck like the Arena or Top 200.

They would almost be better off going back to the H3 system- sure the value of 50's were deluded, but at least you weren't repeated screwed over by actually playing the game.  It'll be back to the days of the Arena where I'd just go play something else when the boosters were searching in full force.

On the bright side, at least we can now use the second biggest problem with the MM system and back out pre-game against iron boosters.  Two wrongs =/= something or whatever. 

I'm assuming if the UI allowed for it, Menke would have wanted to implemented a leaderboard system... These ladder type ratings are best when coupled with comparative rankings. Personally I prefer a precise scoring that goes up or down as I win... when it's a 1-50 rank, you never know your progress until the next level. I'd rather keep the current system and see leaderboards implemented, even if it's on the website.

I have no idea how 343 would handle potential cheaters. Of course it's best to design the system to prevent it, but since there's always flaws...

No matter what though, backing out needs to go. It's a stupid system. You wouldn't even be able to see who you're matched up against, let alone be able to leave... it makes it far too easy to preserve a good rank