CyReN

Gamers For Giving 2015 Discussion

The delay is more with the broken game and system than tourney hosts, please try and remember that. GFG been running Halo since 2008 and have always done a stellar job.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The delay is more with the broken game and system than tourney hosts, please try and remember that. GFG been running Halo since 2008 and have always done a stellar job.

exactly

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Considering the only games remaining right now are the games on main stage. I got to say we are doing a great job even with one station being down due to XBL issues

• Upvote (+1) 4

Blame the game not the event then

voodoo and the rest of the g4g staff are doing a good damn job so far. Best run tourney yet. 

What has been done exactly?  From watching at home, I see the same thing happening?  long wait times, lots of re run ads, resetting of boxes, etc.   Just curious what is being done that much better in your opinion?

• Downvote (-1) 3

Considering the only games remaining right now are the games on main stage. I got to say we are doing a great job even with one station being down due to XBL issues

But those wait times though.....  its rough my dude.  (not blaming you)

• Downvote (-1) 2

But those wait times though.....  its rough my dude. 

Blame MS, not the people running it.

havnt blamed any individual 

This makes it sound like you are

What has been done exactly?  From watching at home, I see the same thing happening?  long wait times, lots of re run ads, resetting of boxes, etc.   Just curious what is being done that much better in your opinion?

If you honestly think the wait times this tournament are nearly as bad as any of the other tournaments then you've must have memory problems. 

This makes it sound like you are

It sounds like I am blaming someone by asking what is being done better at this event?  Sounds like  a question to me -- but to each his own I guess. 

Quoting my prediction post from the other thread.  Oh look, Noble Black got 3-0'd on a Warlord, Lockdown, Warlord set where Shrine was games 4-5.

Yeah, you're a prophet of knowledge. :walshy:

I hear me 4yr old game with less promotion has more viewers than this event

W5g0UzK.jpg

I love that the GoW dudes are having an excellent tournament, but your comparing two very different tournament environments. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is one of the first GOW tournaments in forever right? They have that comeback hype that we had at the first event of H2A, which I'll remind you had 50k+ viewers.

If I'm wrong about this being one of their first tournaments in a while, then I apologize.

If you honestly think the wait times this tournament are nearly as bad as any of the other tournaments then you've must have memory problems.

Definitely a lot better. I like that they're including more community content too during the breaks. I kind of wish that they would do some interviews though.

Ninja is screaming after getting 4 shots. I guess if its gonna help the team...

This is fucking embarassing man.

4500 viewers

Meanwhile Gears of War 3 has 6500

aha, Dont worry. Anyone who is here at this event can say what the differences have been. You guys get to see one station. I will let the rest of the players and people here say what has been different.

We have actually been way ahead of the stream. They are doing a great job, and just couple issues with the game that is out of our control.

The one main difference, is that we have established a warm up station behind the stage where the teams are warming up before coming on mainstage. The turnover rate has actually been quick. Quick changes, just some things of course we can't control.

I have some great volunteers who have done a great job at each of the stations, of course we have had our bumps, but we have a great team and we have fixed the issues quickly. Mind you all of us, myself included are doing this for free, because we love the game of Halo. We are trying to bring the best product we can, and I think we have done a great tournament for these players. Sending teams home at 9pm for being done for the day is unreal imo.

I appreciate the support and the feedback, and I hope you guys tune in for the rest of these matches and 10am tomorrow. Make sure to tweet our which matches you want to watch, I am going to let you guys pick which match will show up tomorrow morning!

• Upvote (+1) 8

Optic is such a blah team. 

OpTic have natural chemistry and good Halo IQ, but lack the shots they used to have.

Denial, CLG, and EG have all three, and it's why they are leagues ahead of the rest.

Cloud 9 lack chemistry and Halo IQ but have the shots.  Elevate has the chemistry and the shot but not the Halo IQ.  Noble Black, I don't know Arkanum/Aries well enough to judge, but Maniac will always be strong on Shrine with his permanent spot in an opponent's hut.

Str8 Rippin are a mess, but have good shots.

But the chemistry/IQ OpTic have are what have them securely in the 4th place spot this season...in a tier below Denial/CLG/EG, but consistently ahead of the rest of the pack.

• Upvote (+1) 6