CyReN

Halo 4 Update Discussion Thread

Haha yeah, the SAW is an absolute beast now.  I wouldn't be against it being toned back down to somewhere between pre update and now.

Still haven't gotten back on Halo after a longer than average break...

Is this really something to get me back into the game?

-Alias

Still haven't gotten back on Halo after a longer than average break...

Is this really something to get me back into the game?

-Alias

Do you like 4sk BRs?

Are you in favor of quick player movement speed?

Do you like to Party?

If you said yes to any or all of the above, then it's in your best interest to play a few games.

I really must thank 343 for fixing my one, my only, my Carbine.

Yeah, the carbine melts, and it feels so good. When I land all my shots, it feels much like H3 beta carbine.

I may play this game again if they doing something about the railgun in doubles. I got 16 kills in one game with a railgun. That should NEVER happen. Take it out or lower the ammo. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. 

Okay so it's 11 shots, but how many shots for the shield to pop?

Hoping the SAW makes a comeback in future settings. The magnum is actually worth picking up now for close range encounters.

Hoping the SAW makes a comeback in future settings. The magnum is actually worth picking up now for close range encounters.

It's just so powerful, versatile, clip size ensures you're rarely punished through reloads and the thing just doesn't seem to run out of bullets. I don't know if I'd want to see the SAW in competitive settings in it's current state, especially considering the maps we currently use.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's just so powerful, versatile, clip size ensures you're rarely punished through reloads and the thing just doesn't seem to run out of bullets. I don't know if I'd want to see the SAW in competitive settings in it's current state, especially considering the maps we currently use.

How would you feel about a 1 clip (or zero clip) saw on 3 mins?

Haven wouldnt be a bad map for it I dont think

I may play this game again if they doing something about the railgun in doubles. I got 16 kills in one game with a railgun. That should NEVER happen. Take it out or lower the ammo. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. 

I'm against any power weapon in doubles. Half the teams who get their hands on one just camp with it.

IMO: SAW + DB = OP

Multi-kill spacing should be put back to 4 seconds now, I reckon.

What is it now?

I was thinking in terms of Ordnance but removing any clips would be a nice way of limiting the weapon in a way that reflects how it will be used (over zealously).

Wow these settings are awesome! This is the first time since launch that I've want to keep playing Halo4 instead of switching the disk. Hats off 343i, loving what you guys have done.

Okay so it's 11 shots, but how many shots for the shield to pop?

10 shots to pop the shields, good sir.

And 11 shots to make me squel with excitement that I just killed someone in 4.

I'm against any power weapon in doubles. Half the teams who get their hands on one just camp with it.

I would suggest that if you don't want to have a team camp on you with power weapons, that you get them first and utilize them the way they are meant to be utilized.

But realistically, that's what the other team is doing anyway so I don't see a problem.

Taking power weapons out of doubles would do nothing but ensure more camping and stale gameplay. If you have the lead in a game of doubles, what's the point of holding down key areas of the map when you can just hold down a corner and team shot anything that comes near? Oh yeah, because if they happen to get a power weapon while you're camping, it's game over.

I understand your frustration, but it's self inflicted. The power weapons are meant to be controlled, so you need to control them.

These settings are a lot better than I expected. They were released a lot earlier than I thought they would be too.

IMO: SAW + DB = OP

What is it now?

Yeah the Saw coupled with DB is a little insane. You can kill someone in like .4 seconds with that combo.

then again, that makes it a scary little addition into the house of true power weapons that kill insanely quickly. 

At the moment it's 5 seconds? Right? either 4 and a half or 5 seconds. Someone help me out here.

I actually don't hate this idea. It would allow it to be checked a little bit and deter spraying, as well as give plenty of reason to control it. You can rack up around 6 kills easy with the things right now, but if you could only get 3 before you were out of ammo I feel it would be balanced enough for doubles at the very least. I don't know if I agree with it being in throwdown yet, but I like the idea of limiting it's clip. Also, Haven and Simplex would be good maps. Maybe Dispatch, but I think I hate that map so I don't think I care too much on that light.

Yeah the Saw coupled with DB is a little insane. You can kill someone in like .4 seconds with that combo.

then again, that makes it a scary little addition into the house of true power weapons that kill insanely quickly. 

At the moment it's 5 seconds? Right? either 4 and a half or 5 seconds. Someone help me out here.

I actually don't hate this idea. It would allow it to be checked a little bit and deter spraying, as well as give plenty of reason to control it. You can rack up around 6 kills easy with the things right now, but if you could only get 3 before you were out of ammo I feel it would be balanced enough for doubles at the very least. I don't know if I agree with it being in throwdown yet, but I like the idea of limiting it's clip. Also, Haven and Simplex would be good maps. Maybe Dispatch, but I think I hate that map so I don't think I care too much on that light.

4.5 seconds for multikills. Also, Damage Boost + BR = 2sk. INSANE.

4.5 seconds for multikills. Also, Damage Boost + BR = 2sk. INSANE.

I thought it was 4 and a half, but for some reason it just didn't sound right.

as for the BR being a 2sk with DB, that's just positively scary.

The BR felt amazing, the movement was nice, I got owned by the LR that gun wrecks

update was really good.

now only if we switch to no sprint and somehow get descope this game would actually be considered good.