CyReN

Halo 4 Update Discussion Thread

I hope they spend the time to put descoping back.

Based off the responses from Halo Waypoint, I could only assume it will be in Halo 5.

So far:

• the 4sk BR is a monster. It feels so good. And honestly, I got seriously out BRd in my first encounter, and still got chills because it felt so good to even die by it. Glad it's back, and I don't have to miss my 5th shot every battle now.
  • The carbine is ridiculous, if you're good with it. I tried using it and the first few times I got melted without even popping shields. The aim assist doesn't do much for you, so make sure you practice before you go around thinking that you'll give people the business. Think of it like a 92 Supra RZ, if you're not careful, you'll spin the tires and not move an inch.
  • The lightrifle is just hilarious at this point. I was up on R3 on dispatch with it and I was basically untouchable. Took a guy with overshield to finally put me down because no one else could even battle with me. the faster kill time is awesome in throwdown, and it can finally be utilized to it's full potential within it's niche like it's supposed to. However, I feel sorry for anyone playing BTB against a team of LR users. Ouch.
  • the AR was actually, and surprisingly, underpowered in my opinion. Only used it once on Adrift extraction and it didn't seem near as formidable as it was being made out to be. Which is slightly disappointing. Not that I like the gun, but it could have made for some interesting plays if it were as powerful as I had assumed. Oh well, Don't care.

As far as how the maps play with the 4sk BR, you can definitely tell that people are being punished more effectively. Anyone running top mid on Shut Out gets destroyed as they should, and you can't just sprint around anymore because you will die. It's pretty nice to see that again.

I hate seeing all these posts at work and knowing I won't be able to try it until 10PM.

Dammit ! I hate when work interferes  with my fun. But I shouldn't  complain because work pays for my Halo hobby :)

Loving the 4SK BR, feels so nice to have it in that state again. The Carbine, I never use. I loved it in Halo 3, but just can't get used to it in Halo 4. The scoped RoF for the LR is a straight up beast. I use it in my FFA loadout.

Overall, the updates pretty good. The DMR doesn't feel dominant, even though it still has it's strength.

With increased speed, and speed boost.. and thrusters pack.. and sword... It's super annoying in Infinity Slayer. Seein as the game refuses to let you beatdown a sword guy while he's lunging at you.

Besides that, it's pretty refreshing to have a faster paced game. And I love the BR and Carbine.

I've had the most fun for a long time tonight playing these new settings, the carbine has been amazing to use as has the BR. The movement speed is perfect (minus strafe issues) and I'm a big fan of the new map layouts.

I should probably get revising for my English Language tomorrow though, kind of is my future and everything...

343 is going in the right direction with update, i found myself enjoying a bit more than before.

After playing quite a large amount of throwdown today, I can say that we missed out on these settings for waayyy to long. Really happy with the update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The LightRifle is my new favourite weapon! I was surprised how effective it is from a short distance too because it fires so fast now. Also, I like that it requires different kind of skills to use it than any other weapon; mainly because you have to Zoom-in all the time. 

The Thruster pack is awesome with the new Speed buff and it has been my favourite Armour ability since the launch so I like how it's now even better than before.

I love the map update too; Adrift Slayer is now somewhat playable with the OS and two snipers.

Excuse my bad English.

I felt so giddy tearing up those DMR spammrs earlier.

And THE CARBINE. Forget rainbows, this thing shoots lightning bolts now.

Love the new updates, hopefully I could purchase Halo 4 again and this will make me start playing Halo again! #4SK

Does the update feel more like pre 4sk 4 shots or agl 4sk 4 shots?

Those were the same settings my friend!

And to answer your question, it feels better than both!

P.S. That moment where I 7 shotted a DMR user with a Carbine on the new Haven when we were contesting the sniper... Unf. That moment was awesome.

Longbow

Gauss Hog at each team spawn
Banshee at each team spawn
4x Shade turrets at the center fort on the ridge
Overshield in center cave
Beam rifle and Rocket launcher at each team spawn

Woah, that is kind of overload on vehicles. Longbow was fine the way it was. Oh well, gonna have to actually play to see it in action, though I guess I am happy BTB will be more about vehicles like it always should be.

Exile

Mantis replaces Scorpion and placed equidistant from both team spawns
Laser spawns in center cave
Railgun is in front of each team spawn replaces SAW
Removed Gauss Hog and replaced with Rocket Hogs for each team

Very happy about this change, though.

edit: I'm happy to see the majority like the changes. Gonna have to hop on soon.

Woah, that is kind of overload on vehicles. Longbow was fine the way it was. Oh well, gonna have to actually play to see it in action, though I guess I am happy BTB will be more about vehicles like it always should be.

Very happy about this change, though.

edit: I'm happy to see the majority like the changes. Gonna have to hop on soon.

Only issue with this change is people who want the scorpion destroyer commendation. Pretty sure that's the only BTB map with a scorpion.

The new settings are honestly INCREDIBLE 

QFT

I played some CTF, Infinity, SPro and Dubs. I love how the PW now spawn on a consistent timer throughout all playlists (I've so far played).

The best update ever. Of all time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

QFT

I played some CTF, Infinity, SPro and Dubs. I love how the PW now spawn on a consistent timer throughout all playlists (I've so far played).

The best update ever. Of all time.

Yup, majority of weapons are on ressuply timers ( X minutes after pickup), some maps have a few Random Ordnances that aren't that bothersome (Adrift has needlers, Abandon has needlers and Saws)

Nothing like that 4 shot feeling., So GOOD.

My first BR battle after the update was for an overkill in Throwdown. I just landed a no scope for the triple running back towards 1 and a half on Shut out, and I went to S1 to find the over. I didn't want to reload so I pulled out my BR feeling the rush of an out BR for an overkill. Of course, there he was, bottom mid, landing after  jump.

I got wrecked, and didn't land a single shot.

But it was the best feeling of being out BRd ever, because it was the return of the 4sk.