CyReN

Halo 4 Update Discussion Thread

Man so pissed I have to work in an hour. I haven't even tried the update yet becasue I know when I start I wont stop playing for a good 8 hours.. Mannnn 4:00 can not come fast enough. lol

Actually felt like Halo again, first time in a while I had fun playing Team Throwdown by myself! 

• Upvote (+1) 3

eugh wont be online till this evening, stop hyping this shit , better live up to expectations 

Does anyone else feel that hit detection feels like halo 3s or even worse, I feel that hit markers make it worse

Alright so I'm about to leave - got stuff to do - but here's my impression.

1. Any supposed changes they've made to the ranking system about searching for skill is, in my opinion, a joke... but I've always (and will always) critize the CSR system for being a poor excuse for skill ranking. It might be because it's 10am and the population in Doubles was around 200, but I'm getting a fair teammate (within +/- 10 ranks of my own), and then two unfair teammates - one high rank, and one low rank. My last game was me (CSR 18) and a CSR 11 against a CSR 44 and CSR 9. That shouldn't be happening, ever.

2. The kill time with the carbine is surprisingly fast. I used it on Abandon, mostly because I ran out of BR ammo. I'm pretty sure I got the 7shot, but fired probably 3 or 4 more shots thinking there was no way he was possibly dead that fast.

3. The BR feels great. It will be the perfect utility weapon for competitive settings.

4. The DMR will still poke you across maps that have long sight lines, like Solace. Do not think, for any reason, that the BR will beat the DMR in a cross map situation. It's aim assist and your spread will destroy you.

5. Movement change is hardly noticeable. All they did was edit the custom game settings and made everything 110%. 110% did not replace 100% like I thought. So for those among you still hoping for no sprint, 120% is still 120%.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The 4sk br is awesome also started using the carbine and it's better than I expected.

Dat BR

DAT LR

Dat carbine

They all feel ridiculous and don't feel like toys anymore.

Noticed something however, Overshield is definitely not a double layer besides in throwdown ATM.. Played slayer pro on simplex and it's a single layer.

Haven't been this excited to see a Halo update since Halo 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like that 343 (technically Ghost) mentioned AGL in that video. I appreciate all the simple nods they've been giving the competitive community, and I hope the UMG event will get similar support from them.

Also, that 2shot beatdown feels so good.

goddammit how did they not nerf the Beam Rifle?

You know they have to keep that boom stick going HOT! What else would a player wan't to feature in Halo4 montages? :p

I'm so excited to play tonight. Just watching some of the streams today has been intense. You can tell the changes just from watching! 

#Halo4Turbo

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love it. I only played a couple of games this morning but damn that battle rifle felt amazing. I'll have to check out the LR, Carbine, and AR tonight. Ohhhh and dat movement speed...I'm pretty happy with this update.

Ass being handed to me, but this is honestly the best that Halo 4 has ever felt. 

I really like the update.

Hopefully, they keep making updates like these.

I wish I had gold to play this update. So far it sounds incredible.

Although I am worried about the SAW damage buff. But still, it probably isn;t the end of the world.