CyReN

Halo 4 Update Discussion Thread

Wow i didn't even think about the ordinance OS. I don't think they mentioned that, though. I think they just mean on map OS.

I don't believe they can make map OS's different qualities than POD overshields.

Where did they mention the global 2x OS?

Wow i didn't even think about the ordinance OS. I don't think they mentioned that, though. I think they just mean on map OS.

Hopefully, ordinance double layer will be horrible haha.

I don't believe they can make map OS's different qualities than POD overshields.

Where did they mention the global 2x OS?

This never got a reply, but Quinn did retweet my tweet, so I'd assume that'd confirm global 2x OS. Even if it is a PoD, those are still random and with a 4sk BR, it will get melted pretty quickly. And either way, that's Infinity settings. Since when are those balanced?

OP should probably be editted to include the other changes, like the 110% movement speed, 2x OS, and improvements to all default maps. Those are huge and some of the best changes.

I signed on Xbox Live today to discover my Gold membership has expired, and I only have $20 in my account until Tuesday. I don't really consider spending $10 on 1month worth an extra day, so I won't be able to enjoy these changes until Tuesday. :( FML

Edit: I found a 48 hour code in my copy of Halo: Reach, so I get to play!

Thanks to all the people who messaged me, offering me codes though. I really appreciate it, and you guys rock. <3

This never got a reply, but Quinn did retweet my tweet, so I'd assume that'd confirm global 2x OS. Even if it is a PoD, those are still random and with a 4sk BR, it will get melted pretty quickly. And either way, that's Infinity settings. Since when are those balanced?

OP should probably be editted to include the other changes, like the 110% movement speed, 2x OS, and improvements to all default maps. Those are huge and some of the best changes.

I signed on Xbox Live today to discover my Gold membership has expired, and I only have $20 in my account until Tuesday. I don't really consider spending $10 on 1month worth an extra day, so I won't be able to enjoy these changes until Tuesday. :( FML

I see, I did not take into account that there will be more power to all weapons. This makes sense. I feel more comfortable with the global 2x OS then.

and we will enjoy the update for you ;)

I personally can't wait for these changes, even if the BR still is severely hindered by the spread on it. Nonetheless a huge step forward from where the game has been since release.

Something that I find the most fun about tomorrow is the fact that they are fixing the maps.

I tweeted Quinn about the new map updates and he said majority of the ordnances on maps will become Resupply Ordnances, with very few random ordnances on maps.

Does this apply to every playlist or.... 

and how about the starting weapon spawns? do they spawn there once and that's it?

And goddammit how did they not nerf the Beam Rifle

Quinn tweeted out that the Beam Rifle needs a full TU to tune so we'll have to wait unfortunately. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does this apply to every playlist or.... 

and how about the starting weapon spawns? do they spawn there once and that's it?

Yes. Every playlist (that has ordnance) will be receiving a massive overhaul to maps. BTB maps, 4v4 maps, DLC maps will all be receiving tweaks that the team felt were necessary. These include spawn changes, initial spawn changes (red/blue spawns on Haven), objective locations, and the biggest change: Ordnance placement/changes.

I tweeted him about it and he said majority of Random Ordnances are gone, and most of the ordnances are stationary and will respawn a specific time after pickup (i.e. pick up a sniper at 12:43, it will resupply in the same spot at 10:43)

343 covers their own ass when they talk about what needs to "wait," or whatever. It's obvious that they don't want people to know about certain limitations or certain ineptness when it comes to coding for this game.

Does anyone know what time the weapon update goes live? If its midnight I'll be playing all night. Who else is in?

Excited to see how the tuning works, but sadly i'll be leaving for the next 12 days. Might try to squeeze in 1 or 2 games before I leave if there's time. Im happy to see that they're trying to make the sandbox balanced and useful again. I feel like the sandbox hasn't been as fun to play with since Halo 2 or before. The weapons in 3 and Reach, while I picked stuff up, were lacking in the power department compared to previous titles. Hopefully I can scoop any weapon up as I move thru the map now, knowing that it was worth the second it took me to press the button.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know what time the weapon update goes live? If its midnight I'll be playing all night. Who else is in?

5am EST I believe.

5am EST I believe.

Sweet. I wake up at that time anyway. I'll be able to get in a match or two.

I seriously can't not wait for this update anymore! I just wish I could see the faces of those DMR users tomorrow when I 4 them all day tomorrow

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still am hoping that sometime aim assist and bullet magnetism are dropped across the board, esp. beam rifle.  

It's almost impossible to miss with the BR.

I don't understand the aim assist and bullet magnetism stuff anymore, after seeing the video from Halo 2 where you could 4shot somebody across Lockout's top mid by aiming at their nuts.

I'm calling it a night, folks. I'll be online to enjoy this in the morning. If anyone can, please do try to at least get a copy of the Slayer, CTF and Extraction gametypes in a fileshare so we can download/modify them for v4 customs.

and if someone could mod out sprint and kick it to 120% movement, that'd be greaaaaaaaat...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heard Bravo chime in on a thread on r/halo on Reddit, He said they should go live between 3-4 am PDT. 
Me and some friends are pulling an all nighter to see how good this balancing is.

Anyone know the kill times for all the weapons now?

These should be pretty accurate. The only uncertainty is with the Light Rifle. It has been said that the ROF while being unzommed is becoming slower while the ROF zoomed is becoming faster.

LR scoped: <1.40 sec (faster than now)

Carbine: ~1.39 sec

BR: ~1.43 sec (same as H2)

DMR: ~1.47 sec

LR unscoped: >1.77 sec (slower than now)

• Upvote (+1) 1

dat BR tho lol

These should be pretty accurate. The only uncertainty is with the Light Rifle. It has been said that the ROF while being unzommed is becoming slower while the ROF zoomed is becoming faster.

LR scoped: <1.40 sec (faster than now)

Carbine: ~1.39 sec

BR: ~1.43 sec (same as H2)

DMR: ~1.47 sec

LR unscoped: >1.77 sec (slower than now)

Dat BR tho lol