CyReN

Halo 4 Update Discussion Thread

Update below:

halo4_br2.jpg

• The Battle Rifle damage has been increased. The Battle Rifle is now capable of killing in four bursts.
  • The Battle Rifle rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
  • The Battle Rifle red reticle range (range at which auto-aim benefits kick in) has been decreased.
  • Two bursts from a Battle Rifle followed by a melee will now kill an opponent (2-shot melee).
halo4_carbine2.jpg
  • The Carbine damage has been increased. The Carbine is now capable of killing in seven rounds.
  • The Carbine accuracy has been increased (projectile spread decrease).
  • The Carbine red reticle range has been decreased.
halo4_lightrifle2.jpg
  • The LightRifle zoomed rate of fire has been increased.
  • The LightRifle un-zoomed rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
  • The LightRifle red reticle range has been increased to match the updated DMR range.
halo4_dmr2.jpg
  • The DMR red reticle range has been slightly decreased.
halo4_ar2.jpg
  • The Assault Rifle damage has been slightly increased. The Assault Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
  • The Assault Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
  • The Assault Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
halo4_stormrifle2.jpg
  • The Storm Rifle damage has been increased. The Storm Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
  • The Storm Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
  • The Storm Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
halo4_supressor2.jpg
  • The Suppressor damage has been increased. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
  • The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
  • The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.
halo4_saw2.jpg
  • The SAW’s damage has been increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the Assault Rifle.
halo4_magnum2.jpg
  • The damage has been slightly increased. The Magnum is still capable of killing in six rounds.
halo4_warthog660.jpg
  • The damage has been increased on both the Mantis and Warthog Chain Gun.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Something that I find the most fun about tomorrow is the fact that they are fixing the maps.

I tweeted Quinn about the new map updates and he said majority of the ordnances on maps will become Resupply Ordnances, with very few random ordnances on maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is pre-discussion also allowed? 

I still am worried about the automatics buff, despite the autoaim reduction, they still could be veeery OP.

Light Rifle in my opinion got the exact wrong direction, but they probably want to have another strong distance weapon vs the DMR.

And goddammit how did they not nerf the Beam Rifle

I kind of like the fact that its a god weapon :D its a very fun weapon to use.

But OT again, SAW buff? Like what.

Is pre-discussion also allowed? 

I still am worried about the automatics buff, despite the autoaim reduction, they still could be veeery OP.

Light Rifle in my opinion got the exact wrong direction, but they probably want to have another strong distance weapon vs the DMR.

I'm cool with comparing and stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly can't wait. I don't see it making the population increase all too much but hopefully it causes more pro's from the past to dabble into Halo 4's competitive scene. With descoping obviously not being in the game, hopefully the less aim assist for starting weapons can cause some sort of a skill gap that this game lacks. 

I can't wait to finally 4 shot BR the people who use DMR's across the map. :)

Not sure if anyone knows the answer, but will the weapon updates apply to throwdown tomorrow? Or will it be implemented when they put in v4?

I can't wait to finally 4 shot BR the people who use DMR's across the map. :)

Well that logic won't exactly work, as the BR's range is being reduced, and the DMR will still lack recoil making it more dominant at long ranges.

However I can't wait to 4 shot Light Rifle the people who use DMR's across the map. :)

Not sure if anyone knows the answer, but will the weapon updates apply to throwdown tomorrow? Or will it be implemented when they put in v4?

Yes it will, and because of this, Ghost will be able to release the official V4 gametypes in his FS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It will be in Throwdown, but it will still be using the v3 settings

Yes it will, and because of this, Ghost will be able to release the official V4 gametypes in his FS.

Awesome, thanks!

Well that logic won't exactly work, as the BR's range is being reduced, and the DMR will still lack recoil making it more dominant at long ranges.

However I can't wait to 4 shot Light Rifle the people who use DMR's across the map. :)

Yeah, true haha but I mean on smaller maps. ;)

To be honest, I actually am very interested to try out the automatics. I'm hoping you actually have to have skill to aim them now so random noobs can't destroy me with them in Rumble Pit anymore haha

Tomorrow will be glorious.

Only in Throwdown, as it has always been.

Actually, it will be implemented globally across every playlist.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 5

-Ghost

Source? Including Infinity Slayer personal ordnance? That will be OP as f---

-Ghost

I must admit I am someone who was worried about Halo with the way Halo 4 was going but I think tomorrow is a HUGE step in the right direction. With Bravo now being there I think he will definitely help save the franchise. I am sorry for doubting you Master Chief <3

Source? Including Infinity Slayer personal ordnance? That will be OP as f---

Wow i didn't even think about the ordinance OS. I don't think they mentioned that, though. I think they just mean on map OS.

Now that I think about it, a 5 shot BR turning into a 4 shot is one of the largest changes in the series for a TU (or whatever they're calling this update). Changes like this and the addition of CSR gives me hope for Halo 5. Can't wait for tomorrow!