MattFeast117

What features would you like to see in a Halo game?

Voting system!!! too many times have I played 7 games in a row of arena breakout. so many times I have played the same map and same gametype, back to back to back. I've played Colosseum over multiple times as well. Definitely need a veto/voting system. They're BS random picks don't work.

Vetoing would be preferable. It would be even worse if you let people vote.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been wanting a double jump in this series for a long time. I'm surprised they went with a thruster moving horizontally over a thruster moving vertically after having a jet pack in the past two games.

I feel like you'd get more replies if the thread was titled "What features would you not like to see in a Halo game?" at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we get a storefront for REQ's so that they can actually be worth something?

Can we get a wall jump?

Can someone show me an example of wall jumping? I feel like a lot of people would be okay with or are referring to how Titanfall handles it. That is something I would rather not have in comparison to say, Wall Jumping in Unreal.

A lightning gun or something similar

Not really a feature but still

The sentinel beam was I guess the answer to that but it seemed like a missed opportunity. I'd like a plasma gun too that worked more like Quakes or even something like Halo CE's plasma rifle.. storm rifle is too OP

The sentinel beam was I guess the answer to that but it seemed like a missed opportunity. I'd like a plasma gun too that worked more like Quakes or even something like Halo CE's plasma rifle.. storm rifle is too OP

If you gave the storm rifle stun and turned down its ROF i think it would be great.

Something else i've always wondered about is a throwing knife likecweapon, where it has zero magnetism and its a one hit kill if it connects

May be too OP if maps are close quarters tho

I've got an idea for a melee weapon for Halo 1. What I have in mind is a chain and mace that kills in one hit with a melee range slightly further reaching than that of the AR that requires some precision to land hits with. I would give it a slow swing speed to allow it to be reacted to and dodged by crouching so it couldn't be abused too easily. Because this is a weapon I specifically had Halo 1 in mind for (as that's the only Halo that has fun melee combat imo) I'm not sure how it would play out with BLB or even just in general, so I would love to hear why my idea would or wouldn't be completely stupid trash from any CE nerdy nerds reading this. Just throwing this out there.

Can we get a storefront for REQ's so that they can actually be worth something?

Can we get a wall jump?

terrible idea imo. Does not belong in halo.  Besides... master chief cant even swim, how's he going to run on a wall and jump off it?

• Downvote (-1) 1

terrible idea imo. Does not belong in halo.  Besides... master chief cant even swim, how's he going to run on a wall and jump off it?

Thanks for that good explanation. You have changed my life.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Automatics that are powerful but have so little aim assist/bullet magnetism, it warrants the strength. Halo 5 AR with the strength of the SMG with no auto aim so it's like trying to shoot your teammate.

Any guns that do something different than "shoot bullets and do damage"

Halo 1 melee system that gets rid of lock on melees. Lock on melees is one of the worst things ever added to the series.

Fighter game esque button combos for melees and shooting.

Pick up weapons that are actually harder to use than your starting weapon, but are powerful enough to warrant the increased difficulty

On screen timers for all power weapons and power ups.

#1 thing...dedicated server browser. Until 343 implements this, you will not be able to convince me they care about the longevity of Halo games or want to truly change Halo for the better. PS2 had dedicated server browsers with PC hosting/controls. It's 2016 on the xbox one FFS. I still believe all the Sony/Microsoft executives had a meeting one day and agreed to not progress consoles at a fast rate. Hold back content and features for years to come instead of adding everything at once. Planned obselescence basically lol.

id love to see a server browser with an option to rent your own local servers + admin and console tool for the server

I just want perfect controls. The aim acceleration and deadzone covered up some of the aiming problems of h5, but it definitely was not a fix. 

KoTH, Oddball, a couple more mid-sized competitive maps. and some static slayer spawns on base-to-base maps. 

Radar taken out, weapons timing themselves being totally nerfed (halo 3 weapon drop system plz. no icons on map, no notifications a weapon is coming up), shotgun taken OUT of empire. It is SO OP with short range radar. 

GRENADE HITMARKERS TAKEN OUT PLZ.

We might as well just let the BR shoot for us

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranked Playlists

Social Playlists

Community Forge Playlists

Forge Classic Maps Playlists

Championship Playlists

New Rifle;  3 headshot kill like the H1 Pistol. 

I would like to see Verticality added back to the maps

Obviously would like to see Firefight. 

I would like to see an Invasion mode that is 8v8 spartans vs elites w/ AI in the match. 

I'd like to see Bots, always thought H1 should have had bots. When people quit in social I think bots should be added to the match. 

I would like the series to return to H1/H2/H3, with an emphasis on H1. 

I would like to see Weapon Redundancy removed from the game: DMR. Just want the BR or 1 medium-long range primary. 

I would like to see all the mechanics that I never thought would have been added to Halo because they destroy the entire game, removed; Sprint, Jet Packs, etc. 

I would like trading kills to be toned down to  2% of its current frequency. I don't think trading kills should be common, Han shot first. 

I would really like the developer of Halo games to be more qualified. 

I have no idea if this is possible but make a quick tournament playlist. Basically you search with a party of 4 for a particular date, and the game auto creates a bracket and matches, then face the team you need to beat, and updates accordingly. Probably be for XP, req packs, emblems, etc. Also have a place where people can spectate matches and stuff, be stupid simple and allow the casual players to quickly play in competitive matches with their team. Also daily/ weekly challenges would be nice. 

I'd like to see instant strafe acceleration. If not by default then as an option. I've played with/against it nonstop in Overwatch and I'm... not finding it hurts the game at all. In fact I'm beginning to prefer it. Doubt it would hurt Halo either.

I'd like to see weapon crafting, where if you are dual-wielding you can combine both weapons together. Not exactly the most competitive idea imagined, but seriously man, would be pretty damn fun.

I honestly think I've been onto something for a while but "underhand nades" exactly like CSGO.

We all have to look down to bounce are nades in front of doorways we know people are coming through so why not press a certain combo of button or something that underhands the nade. Making it go about a quarter of the distance of a regular throw. In a game like H3 this could probably be used for instasplode nades. Underhand toss+normal toss= instasplode