Sign in to follow this  
Jmacz

Super Cereal Sprint Montage

i just had a waypointer tell me that because ninja went 23-1 without using sprint, but managed to run away for the entire game the game after, that there is a skill gap and that sprint is fine.

reasoning and creating a coherent sentence without the use of fallacy seems to be a hard task for a select few.

That waypointer guy doesn't realize that there are other skills outside of running away. The main one for countering sprint would be the skill of pinching an enemy with a teammate. If that skill isn't being used properly or too delayed, then Ninja is going to be able to run away. The caliber of players need to be somewhat high if they can pinch quickly and safely, otherwise Ninja will just look amazing.

Soooo just start a pro vs pro lobby and then watch the nature of sprint play out. Players will get punished rarely, it will be watered down version of halo. It's too hard/unrealistic to get pinching angles on a sprinting player. Only other solution is very fast kill times. But then it's CoD :(

Although, I prefer no sprint, I would like to say this: Sprint does not get you out of bad situations that you shouldn't be able to get out of, sprint redefines what a bad situation actually is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Although, I do prefer no sprint, I would like to say this: Sprint does not get you out of bad situations that you shouldn't be able to get out of, sprint redefines what a bad situation actually is.

Ehh, yes and no. It forces the player who put himself in a good position to take and make a very difficult shot (headshot as opponent is running/thrusting/clambering  around a corner) even though he made a good play. Basically putting things up to chance, even good players miss shots, I just don't like the style of game it forces if you want to win against good players. I personally have always gotten my enjoyment from Halo playing close, competitive games with people of like skill, sprint has ruined that for me. The past two Halo's have only been enjoyable for me when I'm stomping on kids, that wasn't even the case in Reach and I think that's a problem. This is coming from someone who was one of the only people actually in support of Sprint during Reach when the MLG forums were still active. Everyone wanted it taken out, I thought it should stay because I thought the settings for MLG and normal settings should be as close to the same as possible. Once I played NBNS I stopped thinking that way, what I also didn't realize was that sprint would kill our community because no one wants to play a competitive game with sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If 343 insist on keeping sprint...which they obviously will, what do you think they would make of this suggestion?

You immediately stop sprinting when you have had damage inflicted upon you. Also you can only begin sprinting if you are at least 50% shields. 

Why not make it where you can't sprint without FULL shields? Then would it break the game at all?

This is the greatest thing ever. About time somebody actually used video evidence to show how dumb this shit is. Sad that waypoint kids are in such denial. It's disgusting how critical thinking just does not compute in the brains of these people.... 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I had an idea for something but it didn't come out as good as I had planned it out in my head, what do people think.

http://i.imgur.com/RwsWpUp.png

I'm just trying to find ways around making the same argument over and over again.

97c2777756.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Jmacz thanks for putting up a spectacular video, it really sprints ahead of all it's competitors! Good job dude

This is the greatest thing ever. About time somebody actually used video evidence to show how dumb this shit is. Sad that waypoint kids are in such denial. It's disgusting how critical thinking just does not compute in the brains of these people....

Just pretend that Waypoint does not exist. It will make you feel way better and happier.

Although, I prefer no sprint, I would like to say this: Sprint does not get you out of bad situations that you shouldn't be able to get out of, sprint redefines what a bad situation actually is.

An invincibility perk would redefine what a bad situation is, but that's the while point of why it's bad. It takes a situation that should have been bad for the player, and turns it into a neutral situation by holding their hands and giving them a free ticket to safety.

Sprint makes it easier to get out of bad situations than it did without sprint in previous Halo games, yet with less skill required from the player. This means playing well isn't as rewarding, and playing badly isn't punished to the same degree. It also means gameplay is slowed down unnecessarirly.

Sprint does indeed get people out of situations they shouldn't so easily be able to get out of.

Well if anyone sees Josh Holmes active on twitter today feel free to send him these videos. I'm going to bed in a few minutes (night crew sucks) so I won't be able to check, he has been mysteriously absent from twitter since the night I made the video. I smell a conspiracy./s 

Well if anyone sees Josh Holmes active on twitter today feel free to send him these videos. I'm going to bed in a few minutes (night crew sucks) so I won't be able to check, he has been mysteriously absent from twitter since the night I made the video. I smell a conspiracy./s 

Sadly I can't tweet this video to him because I am blocked. I guess he read my tweet about how he is ruining Halo with sprint yet again  :kappa:

Sadly I can't tweet this video to him because I am blocked. I guess he read my tweet about how he is ruining Halo with sprint yet again  :kappa:

And of course he tweeted an hour after I made that post -_-.