Sign in to follow this  
Jmacz

Super Cereal Sprint Montage

I said I was going to do this so I did, it's nothing special but why the hell not. Nothing else is working. After the last video I made someone made one that now has 3,000+ views and got  a response from Josh Holmes so I figure I post more. He wants a video of getting away from death in H1/2/3 maybe that's what I'll do next, I mean show him why that isn't true.

Copy and pasting the description so no one has to go to youtube to read it.

Just a handful of clips I recorded of me getting out of situations I should of died in while playing the Halo 5 Beta. All clips were captured the last three days I played the game. Clips from other games are mostly just random, though a few show the differences in trying to escape situations in other games.

Gorgeous. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

We need to compile an hour-long community sprint montage and upload it to Halo5sucks.com.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I said I was going to do this so I did, it's nothing special but why the hell not. Nothing else is working. After the last video I made someone made one that now has 3,000+ views and got  a response from Josh Holmes so I figure I post more. He wants a video of getting away from death in H1/2/3 maybe that's what I'll do next, I mean show him why that isn't true.

Copy and pasting the description so no one has to go to youtube to read it.

Just a handful of clips I recorded of me getting out of situations I should of died in while playing the Halo 5 Beta. All clips were captured the last three days I played the game. Clips from other games are mostly just random, though a few show the differences in trying to escape situations in other games.

Halo 5: Run Away

While this video has a few good examples of how sprint helps people escape the battle to recharge shields, it does a better job of illustrating how effective thrust and clamber are in that endeavor as well. You'll note that most escapes are initiated by a thrust to cover, then often followed by a series of clambers. Only then is sprint activated, when you're more or less in the clear, and you just need to relocate to a safer area of the map.

I think the main problem isn't sprint, but rather the ease of escape stemming from all three of these functions in combination.

It would be great if..

-the distance of thrust was reduced

-the cooldown time increased

and if..

-crouch jumping returned

-and is a quicker way of moving around, and is the method of skill jumping that is used for escaping

-where clamber is more of a last resort option on a missed jump, or an enabler for unskilled players because it puts you at a greater risk with a longer, slower animation, and doesn't ever put you at an advantage because there is nothing that you can clamber onto that you can't crouch jump onto.

and if...

-no sprint

(in a perfect world)

I wish instead of clamber, they added a double jump.  The fact that double jump hasn't been added in Halo (and broken ass Jetpack has now twice) is mind boggling.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

OP please make sure you make a video of H!/2/3 to really show its not possible to run away like you did from that amazing yet ridiculous video you created. well done sir

• Upvote (+1) 1

Next montage I want to see Spartan IV's having a Mountain Dew and Doritos party.

This was the original plan, then these two songs played back to back at work and I couldn't resist. Next one I do will be all shitty dubstep, Mountain Dew, and Doritos.

I'm also debating whether I should post this on waypoint or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that was pretty good.

sprint really ruins map movement and map control.

however i doubt 343 is going to get rid of it. people who support simply do not understand Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We need to compile an hour-long community sprint montage and upload it to Halo5sucks.com.

I will gladly make a community sprint montage, I'm not that great at editing but I can do a lot better than this video. If that's something people are interested I'll happily start something up. I'd like to do one or two more sprint video before the Beta is over. Then I'll go back to MCC and try and make the video Josh Holmes wants to see. I'm waiting to see him pop up on my twitter feed so I can send this to him and hopefully get a response.