Smythyyyy

Do you feel the Halo franchise will recover under 343i?

211 members have voted

1. 1. Will halo recover under 343's management

• Yes
    • No

previous generation of gaming where no sprint and slow-paced games is acceptable and normal. 

You don't have a clue man. Halo 5 is the slow-paced game.

Go play some CE on MCC and then tell me no-sprint is slow-paced.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Give Valve the H5 beta as it is and I dont doubt they could make it the top console e-sport again. 343 however has shown resistance in fixing clear design mistakes in H5, and obviously is still worried about competing for the casual audience with CoD. So we only get "half" the game we want while all the casuals will still be garbage at Halo and quit which ends up satisfying no audience in the end. What I love about the oldschool FPS days was you had very different FPS being created all with their own niches and unique mechanics, like RS,Quake, CS, UT, Doom, Battlefield 1942, Ghost Recon, Halo, Tribes, Goldeneye,ect

Devs were not afraid to say,"Fuck that shit, were making something different!"  Now today there really isn't variety in the AAA MP FPS market its basically the MMS(modern-military shooter) market with perennial re-hashes of the same series with the same but slightly altered mechanics to justify the sequel.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I believe that the question should be: Do you feel the Halo franchise will recover under Microsoft's current vision?

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's still a place for competitive FPS games on the market. Just look at Counter Strike; it's an absolutely gigantic franchise that can pull about a hundred thousand viewers for it's premier events. It's a juggernaut right up there with LoL. 

I don't know if Halo's ever going to go towards that route though, especially after seeing Halo 5 beta footage. 

"Did I ever tell you, the definition of insanity? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again, expecting... shit to change."

• Upvote (+1) 5

Only thing that is important is that 343 has the desire to save Halo and that's all we need. Okay 343 at least you are trying and listening to our constant whining 

• Downvote (-1) 10

"Did I ever tell you, the definition of insanity? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again, expecting... shit to change."

So what you are saying is, 343 are doing good by experimenting? 

There's still a place for competitive FPS games on the market. Just look at Counter Strike; it's an absolutely gigantic franchise that can pull about a hundred thousand viewers for it's premier events. It's a juggernaut right up there with LoL. 

I don't know if Halo's ever going to go towards that route though, especially after seeing Halo 5 beta footage. 

I don't think it will work for a console game anymore.

Only thing that is important is that 343 has the desire to save Halo and that's all we need. Okay 343 at least you are trying and listening to our constant whining 

343 is only in it for themselves. They're trying to make a staple in the gameing industry like Bungie did with Halo 1-3. Trying to re-invent the wheel by doing the same shit that other companies have tried and have failed at. Bungie basically laid the foundation for success for 343 and instead of building upon it 343 decided it was a good idea to jackhammer it all away and do whatever the fuck they're doing now. The only thing good to come from H5 is Breakout.

No confidence in 343

ObFnbQh.png

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Heads need to roll at 343 in order for any positive change to happen for the series

• Upvote (+1) 9

Should've just kept it like Halo 3 except new graphics, 60fps, new maps, and more ranks. As of right now i don't think halo will ever be the same. Especially with how split the community is now. That's my personal opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't really look like they're listening. We'll see after the beta.

You're dead around the time you are promoting the next game while the current game is held together by duct tape and broken promises

And we're there

Halo 5 will have an okay launch month but it'll be gg come January

The absolute worst thing on that graph is the time scale. That sharp a drop in what, three months?

• Upvote (+1) 1

...and they need to hire at least one guy that can articulate why sprint is bad.

And it might help if they hire someone that understands the different forms of immersion.

Just saying...

• Upvote (+1) 2

If it isnt broken, dont fix it.

That has not been the case since Halo 3, which we all know had its issues. But instead of Bungie fixing what was broken, they fucked up a lot of the things that worked. 

After ZBNS TU that 343 added, i actually had massive confidence that H4 would be awesome. It was almost as if they were going to reverse the mistakes that bungie made and finally create a modern Halo that we would all love. But instead they did THE COMPLETE FUCKING OPPOSITE and released the turd of an FPS that was H4. Instead of fixing the leftovers of TU reach, they undid every good thing they did with it and added gimmicky, gameplay-killing bullshit in the truckloads.

343 ended up being even worse than bungie in how they deal with 'broken things', and thats exactly how theyre dealing with H5. Theyre fixing very little of what was worng with H4 and in turn adding MORE BROKEN PARTS.

LOL smiley-sex011.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I cannot vote either way in this poll. A few individuals who worked on Halo in the very beginning made a difference and the best experience we neither expected nor forgot. I cannot be certain that somehow, sometime, this will not happen again--even if it takes all of thirty years, or however long this franchise will be thrust into the fire, beaten into some new shape, and doused in a bucket of cold reality, while the bellows start again for the next round--and I do not want to be certain. All I do know for certain is that a line of code is worth more than any line I can write.

343i are NOT going to survive another launch quite like the MCC. That is a no-brainer. If it isn't patronizing lip service on Twitter or egotistical justification of game-play mechanics, it's releasing unstable software that all the "cool kids" are doing these days. I've never played a game so destitute of 'certification' in my life, because I've known better. Par for the course; expect greatness get disposable novelty toys which are Dollar Store instead. The months after Halo 5's Beta closure are going to be the most nerve wracking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will the Halo franchise recover under 343i? Halo is about much more than competitive arena multiplayer. "Recover" isn't quite the right word. 

Will competitive multiplayer recover under 343i? This is a very tough question and both answers can be justified. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will the Halo franchise recover under 343i? Halo is about much more than competitive arena multiplayer. "Recover" isn't quite the right word. 

Will competitive multiplayer recover under 343i? This is a very tough question and both answers can be justified. 

Ya, competitive arena multiplayer is the only aspect of the Halo experience that is being completely ruined by these people. Totally.

GENIUS, BRO, GENIUS.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1