Sign in to follow this  
Proto

Official UGC St. Louis $20k Feedback Thread

Does anyone know where I can find out who is in charge of the stream broadcasts for Gamers for Givin and Pax East?

They announced that it would be twitch.tv/halo

I was at the event all 3 days, and here are some things to look at:

1. Audio for the main stage seemed very quiet most of the time. I could hardly hear the caster between games.

2. There were times on main stage where the team took 20 minutes to join each other's game. 343, it has been 2 months... fix the game.

3. Watched Optic's POV during their c9 series. There should't have to be rules about restarts. 343, it has been 2 months... fix the game.

4. Not sure why it took 2 and half days to figure out the two side main stage projectors, but it was great when they were turned on.

5 Wish there was a station or two with more viewing space. There were a few matches off main stage like BTH vs EG, c9 vs Optic that had people crammed in between stations to watch.

I had tried tweeting, but god only knows the cesspool of tweets you have to cycle through... regardless thanks for your continued professionalism.

I was wondering if we could eventually get an expanded list of patch notes directly relating to the H1 fixes? The game has come a long way, and it definitely plays a lot better. Theres a small group of us who are very curious as to what changes were made! Any chance we can learn more?

Hey! Will circle back with test and production and find out if there is anything we can post / share here. Thanks for the interest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey! Will circle back with test and production and find out if there is anything we can post / share here. Thanks for the interest.

Any word on ranks? Matchmaking and Ranks are at the top of a lot of lists for fixes. Was wondering when we will hear more on the status. Thanks!

I was there for the whole event, and when I wasn't in the ballroom watching I was in my rooom with the stream on.

First off, Thanks to all UGC and 343i folks who were there. We know you were putting in long hours and worked basicly from Wednesday all the way up untill the FFA started. As someone who has also been tasked with the impossible before, I can appreiciate the work you guys put in, and a lot of folks do as well. The Venue was awesome, My only complaint with it was that it was slightly too dark. But the 3D Printed Weapons Display was awesome , the stations we're great if a little crowded, and main stage setup was excellent.

Venue gets a Positive rating from me. Yes it was a bit crowded but, I understand that this venue was booked with the intent of hosting up to 64 teams, not 90-96. And I don't think adding teams was a bad idea because we want this game to flourish and we want HCS to succeed.

Stream was good, I'm no expert on commentating but I understand that we have limited broadcast host going over the same limited gametypes on the same limited maps, round after round after round.  It wont always be invigorating, but it was still a good product. The downtime; however, was a killer. My thoughts are possibly getting a hook up so that one or maybe even two of the other side stations hooked up so that the stream can switch over to one of them when there's no action on mainstag, just to minimize downtime.

Refereering and judging... This one affected me personally when one of my teammates dropped to blackscreen midmatch during a tied ctf game, our ref saw it and left to go get someone else. Amongst that choas the other team played on as we were trying to let them know what was going on. One of my teammates left to follow the ref (the opposing team would score another cap while we aren't even playing) and when she returned we ended the game. I myself was the one who ended the match, but I cannot positively say whom instructed me to go ahead and do so. I thought it was the ref, but a teammate of mine later said it was the other team. The ruling that eventually came down was that because we ended the game early instead of playing through, the opposing team was given the option to take the win or to play the match over. They opted to take the win.

Listed in the UGC rules:

26. In the event of equipment failure, the current game will be restarted from the beginning, unless a team is winning by more time than is remaining in a time-based objective game.

This was not the only controversial ruling made during the tournament, but the notable others have already been covered in this forum.

UGC would later give my team free customized shirts for the trouble, Which we were glad to accept, and I thank the staff for that. It was still definately a rough way to end our tournament.

I will note that we went on to lose the next match in the series, so we still had a chance to pull it out, but after the ruling, momentum kinda changed and tempers flared a bit on our side.

I thought it was odd that our station referee had to leave to go get someone else to make a ruling, and I feel like that defeats the purpose of having a station ref. I also did not appreciate that my ref spent her time on her phone instead of paying attention to the match in play.

I do not know the correct way to go about fixing all of these issues, but I would like more consistancy on the rulings, and a station ref with knowledge of the game and with the authority or say "yes this is a restart," instead of having to leave to get someone else.

(More MCC Patches, and Lan capabillity for XB1 would help, but I know what those things entail.)

All in all my team and I had great time, met some amazing people, watched some kick-ass halo, and appreciate what we able to be a part of.

The biggest issue I had with the event was the lack of preparation. Multiple times throughout the weekend we heard UGC staff complaining that they had been up multiple days on end or that they were not ready for the event. This ended up leading to them making mistakes that ruined the event for some people. For example, they left teams out of the FFA and had to go back and enter them in giving them multiple round byes. Additionally, they forgot to take teams that did not show out of the 4v4 bracket giving teams multiple round byes. They also ruined the seeding. They failed to recognize my teams HCS points going into the event and when we showed up on Saturday we learned that we were seeded lower than teams with 0 HCS points. When we informed them that they had messed up they said that if they changed it now they would have to change everyones seed, implying that it would be us causing the headache. They then went on to say that we could either play with the seed we were given or forfeit. They obviously did not prepare enough for the size of the tournament which is beyond me because it was no surprise how many teams were going to show. Please UGC do not put the blame on us for your lack of preparation and/or understaffing. I got sick of hearing your staff complain about being up days on end "at our expense". Additionally, what the literal fuck was up with the entire replay rule? It was clear the staff knew nothing about the game. In a series of Crowd Pleasers vs. Reality Check one of Crowd Pleasers players lagged out 10 min into the game when it was a tie and the official said keep playing! LOL!? And lets not even get into the fuckery that was the Optic vs. C9 series... I dont see how the officials can call a full restart when a team was winning flag 4-1 with 5 min left. It just proves that they knew nothing about the game!

On a more positive note the wireless headsets the audience was given for the finals that allowed you to listen to each team was amazing and should be at every event. I died laughing listening to all of CLG tell Royal 2 to stop bitching the entire series, that was awesome.

One UGC employee told me they were very unprepared and understaffed. I talk to another guy who said he was there to be to be a bodyguard and is now judging games. He said he know nothing about Halo. 

Does anyone know where I can find out who is in charge of the stream broadcasts for Gamers for Givin and Pax East?

Kona is running the stream for G4G, 343 is bringing its own personnel to help etc.

One UGC employee told me they were very unprepared and understaffed. I talk to another guy who said he was there to be to be a bodyguard and is now judging games. He said he know nothing about Halo. 

Definitely understaffed due to a number of people dropping out in the week leading up to the event, but we spent months preparing for the event. Preparation was not an issue, the build-time overran and ridiculous technical issues showed up, which affected everything.

Our stream was tested for hours, everything was fine until the event at which point we were informed that Twitch was unable to accept the stream from the platform we use and so high quality was forced on us to protect their servers. The originally planned listen-ins had a ground-loop issue that we couldn't find the source of, since the setup was so complicated it had to be skipped out overall.

The audio issues were down the sound interface dropping out randomly for no good reason, when it caused zero issues before that. Just unfortunate technical issues that we couldn't have foreseen.

It's incredibly disheartening considering how much time we put into prep that it turned out the way it did as far as stream goes.

Please do!! :)

Definitely understaffed due to a number of people dropping out in the week leading up to the event, but we spent months preparing for the event. Preparation was not an issue, the build-time overran and ridiculous technical issues showed up, which affected everything.

Our stream was tested for hours, everything was fine until the event at which point we were informed that Twitch was unable to accept the stream from the platform we use and so high quality was forced on us to protect their servers. The originally planned listen-ins had a ground-loop issue that we couldn't find the source of, since the setup was so complicated it had to be skipped out overall.

The audio issues were down the sound interface dropping out randomly for no good reason, when it caused zero issues before that. Just unfortunate technical issues that we couldn't have foreseen.

It's incredibly disheartening considering how much time we put into prep that it turned out the way it did as far as stream goes.

why did they wait until Saturday night to start showing content between matches? Was that planned or was the decision to start airing things made on the fly?

Downtime was a huge downfall. Needs to be organised better.

The matches chosen for main stage werent always the best.

Listen in's need to happen more.

Face cams would be great.

Showing the event, people walking around with adverts flashing underneath would be better than just adverts on the screen.

The twitch chat was not under control in the slightest.

Walshy + Maven were the only decent casters. None of them really got hyped

Interviewers were kind of awkward - Jessica Goch did ok though.

Quality was poor. 

Casters need to get the crowd involved and start some chants.

More pro's need to be interviewed during the event

@Girlfriendhaver 

From what i've heard 343i would be running and/or assisting with producing the broadcasts for G4G, not 100% sure about pax.

• Upvote (+1) 1