Sign in to follow this  
Proto

Official UGC St. Louis $20k Feedback Thread

Get rid of FFA. If you're keeping it, get rid of Simplex.

Something that I forgot to add to the side notes section:

- Gametypes and maps need to be looked over - and the broken gametypes need to be fixed.

Just some quick notes on this.

• Sanc Bomb should be added back once fixed - It was a great gametype that required a complete set up for each bomb plant
  • Once again, look into adding a powerup to the top mid of Lockout TS (although the standoffs weren't as bad this tournament, it is still a general issue).
  • Look into using a good forge remake for additional maps and gametypes, My hope is for someone out there who already has or is making a good Beaver Creek forge remake that could be used competitively. 
  • Warlord needs 2 versions of the map. One with the new spawns for CTF and one with the old spawns for Assault (Discussed by Snipedown earlier on Twitter). 

Why is there no continuation anymore? bo11's were so good to watch. Also when are settings/maps up for discussion?

Edit: Sword is just way to OP in h2a imo, it won't happen but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

Also, Walshy to cast every event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know, we have been having these stupid feedback threads after every tournament and each and every one in the past 2 years has been dissapointing. Either the X1 is shit or the game is shit. Lets just stop this, really. I GUARANTEE you that the next event won't be any better, the event after that won't be any better either.

This is what we get and that's what its going to be from here on out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You know, we have been having these stupid feedback threads after every tournament and each and every one in the past 2 years has been dissapointing. Either the X1 is shit or the game is shit. Lets just stop this, really. I GUARANTEE you that the next event won't be any better, the event after that won't be any better either.

This is what we get and that's what its going to be from here on out.

We all just need to migrate to waypoint or neogaff, I reckon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FFA can stay, just play longer on saturdays. no reason for the tourney to end at 11.

more maven and walshy. i want Walshy to cast the grand finals over Goldenboy

there really needs to be more maps by 343. I also don't think Ascension is that bad of a map for a tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Finals should be casted by Walshy and another person. Or three like you said. Walshy's knowledge bombs and analysis are way more interesting than casters just narrating what I see on screen.

@@GoldenboyFTW

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys,

Thanks for sticking with us this weekend. While the matches were great there are certainly a ton of improvements to be made. This is only season 1 and we expected bumps in the road, it's inevitable in the live event space.

The plan is to revise some things (hopefully by Gamers For Giving) and ensuring the event flows as smoothly as possible.

Personally, I want Walshy to join myself AND Bravo for a tri-cast finals (I wanted to do it here) and perhaps we can accomplish that for the finals. I notice there are still gripes with my casting and that's fine because I know you can't please everyone but I read everything sent my way and I know that from UMG Halo to today I've improved drastically for you guys.

My improvement won't stop there and I thank you for watching UGC this weekend. See you all at Gamers For Giving!

Salute. Continue to perfect your craft. Good job this weekend.

@Goldenboy Just keep doing what you're doing, bud. There's very few with the drive to continually improve their carft, their profession, their love, like you do. It's been nothing but improvements from my p.o.v.

A Walsh, Bravo, Goldenboy tri-cast for finals would be stellar. Definitely want to see that happening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll add more feedback later but one of my biggest gripes was obviously the downtime and starting time.

The tournament was scheduled to start at 11EST which is midnight where I live. I have no problems staying up and pulling all nighters to watch tournaments (I've been doing it for years now) but I lose a lot of interest when I'm sitting in front of my computer at midnight and then watch it get later and later without any gameplay.

A lot of emphasis needs to be put on starting on time, and by that I mean if the stream is scheduled to go live at 11, we should have an intro running a few moments before and then go straight into caster introductions maybe do an interview and then into the first game.

There were a lot of times where commercials were used while waiting for the game to be ready and it just gets frustrating wondering how long the wait is going to be.

A lot of blame for this falls on the reliability of MCC but we've known about it for a few tournaments now and there needs to be serious discussion about workarounds for it while we wait for the game to be fixed.

Of the bit I watched I saw that they added more map fly throughs which is awesome. The number one issue is how long Sunday ran. Once a break happened I fell asleep on it, it was almost One

Ok, maybe I am beating a dead horse but I must leave some feedback.

• As an European it is pretty sad that I always miss the finals because they never can hold the schedule. It is not like they are 30 minutes behind. I know that it is impossible to get a perfect schedule for the whole Earth but please...most of us do have a life and many do plan in advance to follow the tourney and then we get no feedback at all when the games will start and so on. Following Halo esport is like waiting on the bus in Egypt.
  • Audio and video quality was extremely poor. Why is this so hard when random kid can stream his game with perfect audio and video quality?
  • Overall the production was amateurish at best. If this is the quality we can expect in the future I actually prefer the online tournaments. Then I get good video and audio quality with listen ins and with multi twitch I can actually follow more than one POV. And after the game I can listen when the players analyze their performance.
  • The casters I do like. If I as a viewer have a problem with the quality of the production I think the casters also have problems. Of course their performance will be reflected by the working environment. So with that in mind I think they did well and if everything else worked as it should have I think most of us had enjoyed the casting much more. Bravo needs to work on his facial expressions....he is the face of 343 and he do look tired and almost dejected sometimes. He is an awesome dude and I certainly understand the pressure he is under.
  • The content between the games should be something that the production company take serious and actually plan for. The drop in viewers between games is jaw dropping. Just watching ads for 30 minutes is so dumb. Combine that with no information at all when the games start and you have a problem to add up the viewers.
  • MCC and Xbox One failures. To many problems and seriously 343....fix it.

343 have made it clear that they want Halo back in esport and HCS is their baby. With all the resources 343 and Microsoft have I can´t understand that they don´t seem to have any quality control? It is their franchise that gets a bad reputation. But then I start to think about the launch of MCC and...ehhh...well, this is maybe the level of quality they are capable of?

And why is it so quiet from Lenoxcoolgamer? He is the video director for 343 Halo esport. What do he think about the quality? Is it something that 343 is satisfied with? The only serious feedback I can find is from Goldenboy so kudos to him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty much all of my complaints were addressed in the OP.

Someone suggested in the chat to run montages during the downtime instead of the same ads or videos the whole time and I thought that was a good idea. I'm sure the people competing wouldn't mind theirs being shown as long as there weren't issues with the music in the video for copyright problems with being played on stream.

What I don't get is it seems like Groundhog Day with these tourneys when it comes to stream or audio issues. By now, you should expect that things will mess up during the first day or two given the track record of these tourneys so maybe changing the way you test things prior to the tourney or doing more test streams are in order.

Really excited for the EGL event next month, although I'm kind of gutted that it's invite only. I'm still planning on going to spectate though. There have been a lot of team changes in Europe since TCM split so it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top at the event. 

Did anyone see Ryanoob and Chig jump to ring 3 from bonfire on the sanc TS game? Can't believe the casters missed it.

I was at the event Saturday and Sunday. The UGC employees worked their asses off to put on a good show. They were very nice to everyone. Even handing out the rental listen in headsets for free during the semi and grand finals. Most of them had not slept in a few days and were passed out on the lobby couches. I can't really speak for the stream because I did not watch it. Gaming stations were very nice with good equipment. They had a lot of gaming stations enough to fill the back side of the room. Honestly they needed a bigger venue. It was very crowded at times. Could not see a lot of the games on the stations due to the crowd and lack of space. Main stage was awesome once they had all 3 screens up and running. The 4 player screens were very dark and almost un-watchable. Main stage audio was also not that great. Could barely here the game or casters unless you sat next to the speakers. There was also a lack of space for the audience to watch the main stage. Spectator turn out was on the low side Sunday night. Ending so late on a Sunday night / Monday morning did not help. Despite that the atmosphere and audience was pumped and made it the event very fun. Over all I hope they were able to profit and host more tournaments. These events need more promotion. No one knows that they are going on unless they are already deep into the Halo community. There needs to be promotion screens in the MCC or ads on twitch prior to the event if they are ever going to get more then 10,000 viewers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1