Kreig556

What do you have against sprint?

Issues generated by sprint  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What do you dislike the most about sprint?

• Allows players to escape
    • Negatively affects map design
    • Forces players to lower their weapon
    • Affects the spawn system
    • Significantly decreases the base movement speed
    • Affects the predictability of players' actions

Immersion

"Immersion, getting CoD kids on board > quality map design, weapon readiness, skill-gap, and gameplay pace" - 343 Industries, 2014.

Let's be honest, thrust is more of an escape option than sprint in Halo 5.

I believe that thrust+sprint is the real problem. Thrusting distance should be reduced, though.

I got in a twitter argument with a halowaypointer over sprint and then he said "I bet my K/D is higher than yours!"

His k/d was 1.05

Dear god, there really might not be any hope for these people, logic and reason have no effect on these people

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got in a twitter argument with a halowaypointer over sprint and then he said "I bet my K/D is higher than yours!"

His k/d was 1.05

Dear god, there really might not be any hope for these people, logic and reason have no effect on these people

It isn't that bad at Waypoint. A recent thread (asking players whether or not they'll play the game if sprint got removed) indicates that most people who support sprint don't really mind it staying or not.

They're basically defending 343, not sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so the main problem for you is that you cannot shoot whilst sprinting

I'd argue that players being able to get back into the fray too quickly after spawning is also a pretty glaring issue with sprint. But honestly, there isn't a single part of sprint that can possibly be balanced within Halo without changing everything about Halo in the first place.

It's faster too say what's good about sprint:

Nothing.

If you can come up with one good reason why it's good I'm sure one of our halo scientists could come up with 50 reasons as too why you're fucking wrong.

Because a spartan should be able to sprint. That's pretty much it.

Good poll by the way.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Because a spartan should be able to sprint.

Which is what we have been doing from 2001-2007 without some idiotic animation that eliminates combat efficiency for the sake of moving faster.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why can't I pick more than one option, I take issue with all of these.

Same with me. Just pick the one that disturbs you the most. Mine was #3.

It isn't that bad at Waypoint. A recent thread (asking players whether or not they'll play the game if sprint got removed) indicates that most people who support sprint don't really mind it staying or not.

They're basically defending 343, not sprint.

Which makes even less sense.

343 screwed us and so many others over with MCC. Nobody should have any respect for the company let alone be defending them. I'd understand people defending sprint as a mechanic (for whatever stupid reason), but defending 343 makes no sense whatsoever.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No wonder why 343 is limiting sprint to make it work while also introducing classic maps designed around sprint instead of removing it, as people's main problems seem to be the escape-ability and map design.

I think that the other sprint problems are as important as those, if not even bigger.

when i saw what sprint did in halo reach i realized that this was the end of console fps games cause i knew every god damn one would put it in if halo had. in a game that doesnt have instant kill times putting sprint in the game literally just allows you to play like an idiot and get away with it